Profile for s.5 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 141

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

s.5 "spenceronehalf" RSS Feed (Seattle, WA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Sea to Summit Bomber Tie Down
Sea to Summit Bomber Tie Down
Offered by Summit Hut Ltd.
Price: $8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars These Straps Make Great Belts, May 14, 2014
Once cut down to fit your waist, these straps make excellent belts. Like, these make the perfect, no-slip belt. That's what I use these puppies for -- and they're excellent in every way.

One note: because of the rubbery backing on these straps, you might find you smell a bit like gasoline after wearing them for some time. One solution is to cut the black rubbery backing thingy off of the strap. That seems to solve the odor problem.

SanDisk Extreme 32GB SDHC UHS-1 Flash Memory Card Speed Up To 45MB/s, Frustration-Free Packaging- SDSDX-032G-AFFP (Label May Change) [Old Version]
Price: $25.88
12 used & new from $23.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Extreme Sports Meets Data Storage, May 14, 2014
I'm not sure what is so EXTREME! about this memory card, but it certainly stores a whole lot of stuff.

Case Logic TBC-302 FFP Compact Camera Case (Black)
Case Logic TBC-302 FFP Compact Camera Case (Black)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Case for Small Digital Camera!, May 14, 2014
I use this case for my Cannon Elph, and the camera fits perfectly. You can even store a little drive-chip in the front zipper pouch and completely forget that you have it. If you want a minimal case because you're paranoid (like me) that all of your electronics will get ruined if they don't have cases, this case is for you.

But let me ask you: do we really need cases for all of our electronics? Sometimes I think we may not.

iPad Air case - INVELLOP Black Leatherette Case Cover for Apple iPad Air cases (iPad 5, 2013 release)
Offered by INVELLOP
Price: $29.95
3 used & new from $19.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Turn Your iPad Air Into Something Bigger, May 14, 2014
I kind of regret that I got this case, as it immediately turned my iPad Air into something bigger. With that said, the case totally does the job: it fits perfectly and has a nice design. I've used it as a stand, too, and it's great for that. But do we really need to clad our i-electronics in these cases? That is something I'm not entirely sure about.

Sunpak 620-020 Tripod
Sunpak 620-020 Tripod
Price: $22.64
34 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, Cheap Tripod Useful if You Seek Fame, May 14, 2014
I bought this tripod to steady my camera during the filming of the various how-to videos I've been making in my attempt to gain fame and fortune on the internet. The fame and fortune have not been forthcoming, but the tripod is a little wonder: it's light, expands and turns and twists in about 1,000,000 ways, and is exactly what I needed. This little puppy screws into even might dinky digital camera, so what's not to like about this tripod? It's totally great.

Ateco Bowl Scraper
Ateco Bowl Scraper
Price: $4.32
10 used & new from $0.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Scaping Device, Dr. Bread Maker Sir, May 14, 2014
This review is from: Ateco Bowl Scraper (Kitchen)
Dr. Breadmaker Sir, you will find this to be a satisfactory break-scaping device. If you are scraping dough out of a large mixing bowl, Dr. Breadmaker Sir, this scraping device will work for you. My only point of ill feeling toward this scraper, Mr. Breadmaker Sir, is that it is made out of plastic. Why not bamboo?

Scrape on!

Coolibar UPF 50+ Men's ZnO Long Sleeve T-shirt - Sun Protective (Medium - Clear Sky Blue)
Offered by Coolibar Sun Protective Clothing

4.0 out of 5 stars Kinda Large, but Nice Sun Coverage, May 14, 2014
This Coolibar stuff is marketed for older folks (check out the gray-haired dude in the image), so I was a bit hesitant to buy this shirt and their other sun-protective stuff at first. But I went ahead and bought this shirt -- and it really does offer nice sun coverage. I've worn the shirt on long walks on hot days, and it's done the job very well, all the while keeping me cool. Great sun shirt!

Glock: The Rise of America's Gun
Glock: The Rise of America's Gun
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Just An Account of One Gun, But a Story of Technology and Social Change, May 14, 2014
If you're interested in Glocks, this book give you a lot of detail about where the guns came from and how they work (and are designed). But even more, you'll like this book if you're interested in reading about how we got where we are (presently, in the U.S.) in terms of superabundant handguns and a hypermilitarized police force. This is an account of how a piece of technology emerged in the 1980s and due to various forces (political, economic, legal, etc.) was part of sweeping change. In that way, it's a pretty amazing book.

The first part of the book covers how this gun, which was invented by some dude (okay, Gaston Glock) who was working out of his glorified garage, took off first in Europe and then in the U.S. That story line is followed through the rest of the book, explaining subsequent marketing to police forces and military agencies along with direct consumers. Details abound in this book, and I felt like I learned a lot about how this handgun in particular and handguns more generally gained in prominence and popularity from 1980 to the present.

I would have liked if Barrett (the author) had a more pronounced perspective. With that said, it's pretty cool how he traces the history of Glock handguns, matching up that story with stories about policing and politics. A lot has changed in the past few decades, when it comes to gun ownership and gun laws in the US, and the book gets into some of those developments.

Incra MITERV27 Miter V27 Miter Gauge
Incra MITERV27 Miter V27 Miter Gauge
Price: $56.96
7 used & new from $56.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Miter Gauge, May 14, 2014
My table saw came with a completely sucky miter gauge, so I replaced it with this one. Quite simply, it's great. The micro-adjustments allow you to tighten up the gauge in the tracks, and I've been able to clamp a box-joint jig to the gauge very easily. If you need a replacement miter gauge, this one seems to me like a pretty good deal.

Big Size Garment Washed Cotton Twill Mesh Cap - Brown Beige
Big Size Garment Washed Cotton Twill Mesh Cap - Brown Beige
Offered by e4Hats
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Woo Hoo! Finally a Huge Baseball Hat for Big Heads!, May 14, 2014
I can never buy hats, because my head is just too damn big. Well, along came this giant hat -- and I'm so psyched. It's just your standard cap with mesh back and a velcro closure -- but the sucker is big enough for those of us with swollen heads.

Buy this hat and you'll feel so good your ego will match your head size.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15