Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Nancy J. Boyle > Reviews

Browse

Nancy J. Boyle's Profile

Customer Reviews: 339

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nancy J. Boyle "Nancy J. Boyle" RSS Feed (Pompton Lakes, New Jersey USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Gecko Wildlife Print Comfy Polar Fleece Throw Blanket 60" X 70" - Bigger, Better, Softer - One Week Clearance Sale On Now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Soft Lightweight Blanket Throw, August 28, 2015
Nice soft lightweight blanket throw. Colors are bright and beautiful. My cat loves to jump up in my lap several times a day and gets all ready to settle down for his siesta by kneading with his front paws and although we clip his nails often, there are still times of pain. So I wanted to get a lightweight throw to protect my legs from all that love kneading. It is a great size for covering my legs when I take an afternoon nap. What I really like is the extra length. It will be good for cuddling in the fall. I would buy this again.

As always, if there is any change, I will update on here.

Hanes Women's Cotton Briefs Pastel Assorted 6 Pack  Size:9 (XXL)
Hanes Women's Cotton Briefs Pastel Assorted 6 Pack Size:9 (XXL)
Price: $7.50
9 used & new from $7.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Ordered Two Sizes Larger and They Were Too Tight!, August 28, 2015
These SHOULD have bee too large for me. I ordered a size larger and they fit like they were two sizes too small, but I had the one pair on, so because of health laws, you can't return them so I guess I will chalk it up to experience. I wear an XL high leg briefs in Victoria Secret and a size 7 I other stores, so there should have been no problem with a size 9 on these.

"Tahoe" Fashion Full Reading Sunglasses (Not a Bifocal) with Open Arms for Youthful, Stylish Women
Offered by Ritzy Readers®
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Solves The Problem of Reading in The Car or Outside in The Sun, August 15, 2015
I don't need glasses for distance anymore since I had BiLateral Cataract Surgery. That was great but I found I still needed to read things in the car like programming info into a GPS or just reading printed out directions. I had both regular reading glasses and sun glasses which were a pain the keep switching back and forth with one pair invariably ending up on the floor out of reach. I found these by accident and figured to give them a try. I don't know why I never checked to see if they made something like this because Amazon has just about everything that I have needed, and some stuff that I didn't even know I needed. These are great. I would say by the size and style are for a woman. They are not huge but a good enough size for me. They have solved my problem and it feels great not to keep bouncing back and forth. The tint is good and the strength is good for my reading. I thought after the surgery I would still have to have prescription reading glasses, and was pleasantly surprised when my eye doctor checked my eyes and told me to just get inexpensive readers and told me what strength. Very rare, some actual honesty, instead of trying to sell me $200 prescription readers. I would recommend these to anyone who needs readers and finds it annoying to keep switching on sunny days. They also came in a soft pouch for storage and I can just tuck them into a pocket in my purse..

Nouske Amazon All-New Kindle Paperwhite Origami Cover Case Smart Magnetic Autowake Function Leather Flip Folio Book Style Stand up Standing Feature, Rubber Coated Hard Back Smartshell Skin Sleeve, Magnetic Closure for Auto Lock, Sufficient Personalized Protection, Unique Functional Design, Blue
Offered by NOUSKETECH
Price: $45.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Front Cover and Binding Weak and Flimsy. Magnet Barely There. Does Not Provide Protection for Binding Side and Screen!, July 30, 2015
I guess I am in the minority on this one. I bought it because it could be propped up if you were unable to hold the Amazon Paperwhite, as crazy as that sounds to me now, that was my line of thinking at the time, but in reading a book which is what you do with a Paperwhite, you still have to press to turn pages. I am the Queen of Cases. I have several for each of my electronics iPad, iPhone, Paperwhite, Kindle Fire HD 7 inch and 8.9 inch.

I like cases like this that actually snap into the back cover, which is like a tray. From experience, the cases where you slide them in from the top, have been problems with sliding our of case if you pick it up wrong. I have been using the Nouske Origami Case for the Kindle Paperwhite for a couple of weeks now and I feel that it is one of the least protective cases I have ever purchased and with the amount of cases I own that is saying a lot. The back of the case is fine, it has the tray like design that the Paperwhite snaps in to. It is the front of the case that I have a problem with and let's face it.....the damage to a screen can pretty much guarantee that you will have an expensive repair or have to get a new Paperwhite. Where you see the lines are very thin rubber or maybe silicone and the puzzle piece larger parts are like similar material over cardboard (at least it feels like cardboard). The binding that attaches the back tray to the front cover is very thin and very pliable and I think this is the biggest problem. If you just close the cover it could close a bit off position where the one end is slightly off the front. I think this is caused by the very thin binding material, which also due to the thinness does not provide protection to the binding side because the hard plastic tray is cut out almost the entire length of the binding side except at the two corners. Finally like most of the covers with the snap in tray bottom, there is a magnet in the top edge. On most of my other cases, this magnet is strong and almost draws the top over to the correct position to put the cover in perfect alignment. As I am writing this I am double checking and there is probably some sort of magnet but I cannot feel it at all. Most times between the weak magnet and the very flimsy binding the cover closes out of alignment. If you want to protect the length of your battery you want you Paperwhite to go to sleep, but if the top of the cover has the alignment off it does not always do that. I think this is one of the few covers I have bought that really leaves the screen open to accidental breakage. I am taking the cover off and I don't think I have the covering that came with it so I am out the purchase price.

I have tried to give a complete and not exaggerated review of this cover. If you are like me and you put your Paperwhite into your bag when you go somewhere like the doctor's office, you might want to look a one of the other covers with a full stable front cover and a full snap in back tray with four FULL sides instead of three.

Drive Medical RTL1442 Lifestyle Brush, White
Drive Medical RTL1442 Lifestyle Brush, White
Offered by ORBS Ltd.
Price: $13.94
27 used & new from $13.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Handled Brush Works Well For People With Arthritis of The Shoulders, Arms and Wrists, July 29, 2015
My husband purchased a different brand brush for me, when my arthritis in my wrists and shoulders made it difficult to brush my hair, especially in the back. It worked well for a while but the prongs on the brush flattened out in a way that had never happened before with any brush I have ever owned. Because they were flattened, they did not go through my hair in the back and merely slid along the top layer of hair. I have had other Drive products and they have always been of good quality, so I purchased this brush. It works well and gets through all the layers of hair even in the back. I am satisfied with the way it works, but if there are any changes to my opinion of this product I will update this review in the future.

[Cobalt Blue] 6FT / 2M Braided Lightning Cable 8 pin to USB SYNC Cable Charger Cord for Apple iPhone 5 / 5s / 5c / 6 / 6 Plus, iPod 7, iPad Mini / mini 2/ mini 3, iPad 4 / iPad Air / iPad Air 2(Compatible with iOS 8)
2 used & new from $8.90

1.0 out of 5 stars ATTENTION: This cord is NOT APPLE CERTIFIED and will only charge until Apple's GREED catches up with it!, July 29, 2015
I purchased this cord a little over a month ago and used it until the the Greedy folks at Apple decided to "update" my iPad Air and my iPhone and it will no longer charge my items. In case you didn't know unlike Android Makers who don't care who you buy you longer charging cords from because THEY do not feel that it is THEIR God given right to make money off of every charging cable purchased. Unlike those companies Apple, which I thought had been as greedy as they could be found another way to enrich themselves and screw the consumer at the same time. They give you such a short charging cord that it is impossible to reach from the electric socket to the chair you sit in, the only way to fix your problem is to buy an extended length cord. When you buy any cord you choose it will work from a few days to a couple of weeks and you see a box on your screen telling you that this accessory (the box doesn't spell out what accessory) and you suddenly find out that your iPhone /iPad will no longer charge. Most people think that it is because the cord wasn't that expensive and is broken and that is what Apple would love for you to think. That is what I thought until I read a post from a former Apple employee, who explained the whole scam. The whole no longer working cord is because Apple has made the cord invisible to the device and it is like it isn't even plugged in. If you buy an "Apple Certified Cord" it will cost you two to three times as much as you paid for your first cord....I mean Apple has to get its cut doesn't it....just like the mobsters they are. Oh and just because they say Apple Certified doesn't mean that there is more quality for the bigger price tag because there isn't. So I am now forced to pay the price because what WILL happen is what happened here. I guess I must have been distracted when I ordered this cord because I thought it said APPLE Certified and I bought four different brand cords to see which ones last the longest. The price was right, but that should have been my tip off. Well last week I saw the box on my screen and figured Apple had some new scam, but I checked the product page and realized it does not say Apple Certified. I am upset because I just threw my money away, because it will never work now. I did do a double check on this story when I first read the post from the former Apple employee and tested it using a cord on my iPad that was not Apple Certified and sure enough about two and a half weeks or so I got the screen notice and it would no longer charge the iPad. I plugged it into my iPhone and it charged perfectly, but eventually the notice appeared on my iPhone and the cord stopped charging. All this was exactly as described. I do not believe that the sellers do not know about this and the fact that they sell these cords to unsuspecting buyers is patently wrong! I would have given this cord ZERO stars, but it doesn't work that way.

HealthSmart Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor with 60 Second Digital Readout, Pink
Price: $34.94
10 used & new from $28.56

5.0 out of 5 stars The numbers are easy to read and it retains previous results in the ..., July 21, 2015
I wanted to get a new blood pressure device because I downsized and moved after my husband passed away and with all the helpers that I am grateful to have had, the one we had might have been put in one of the boxes in the storage place we rented to move quickly and we still haven't gone through the boxes.

This monitor seems to be working well, but I need to give it time. Being a nurse I should use the old fashioned syphgnomanomete but it is more difficult to maneuver on yourself, so I figure I will use it and have my BP checked at the doctors office. The numbers are easy to read and it retains previous results in the memory. You also get a pulse measurement in addition to the Blood Pressure. The color is a nice addition too. Of course if my evaluation of this BP Monitor, I will update at that time.

Cosmos Creations Salted Caramel Corn (21 oz.)
Cosmos Creations Salted Caramel Corn (21 oz.)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Pricey BUT Very Addicting Snack!, July 21, 2015
This Salted Caramel Corn snack is VERY tasty, actually could be addicting. The only way I avoid becoming a Salted Caramel Corn Snack addict is the price, which is a bit steep for me, do I will have to resist regular purchases. If you are wealthy enough, I guess you could buy a year's supply no some people have to be able to afford this snack or the price would be lower.

So I recommend this snack to anyone who can afford it because it CAN be addicting!

Kwik Stik Paper Towel Holder (Black)
Kwik Stik Paper Towel Holder (Black)
Offered by The Internet Department Store
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $24.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Strong and Easy Peel and Stick Installation Paper Towel Holder, July 21, 2015
When I moved into my new place the kitchen had been renovated very nicely, but the paper towel rack was difficult for me to reach to change the roll. I know it seems like a stupid thing to have to fix, but I also have rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis, a torn Rotator Cuff that was left I repaired by a surgeon I later found to be lacking, and fibromyalgia and a severe back injury, that all together make it very difficult to reach higher than normal. The person who did the renovation must have been very tall because most of the work (like cabinets...etc) is installed higher than usual.

This towel holder was super easy for me to install myself. It was simple peel and stick. It is VERY strong adhesive hold and is easy to change the paper roll. I recommend this as a quick and versatile answer so that you can easily replace the towel hold where YOU want it located, without using nails and screws. I recommend this easy install paper towel holder. If there is any change in my evaluation of this item with normal use, I will update this review

Avalon Electronic Pencil Sharpener with Built in Safety Feature, Green
Avalon Electronic Pencil Sharpener with Built in Safety Feature, Green
Offered by EXCELLENT ELECTRONICS

5.0 out of 5 stars Electric Pencil Sharpener Comes In Colors!, July 20, 2015
I decided to try the new wave in adult relaxation.....adult coloring books. I figured I have done a few paint by numbers or painting where you pick the colors so why not give it a try. I tried pens and markers but read that you could blend colors by using pencils.i ordered them but forgot the most important thing, unlike markers and pens, pencils need a pencil sharpener! I looked through a bunch of boring black ones, but since it is for home I wanted something fun that wasn't really expensive. I found this one with different colors to choose from and chose the green color. I received it quickly and tried it today. It worked very well. I sharpened to a nice point without taking half the pencil like many pencil sharpeners I used have done and the price was good. If you have Prime you can get it in two days. I would recommend this pencil sharpener.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20