ARRAY(0xaab20e88)

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jennifer P. Dallaire "Bedrest skier mom" RSS Feed

Mommy Has To Stay In Bed
Mommy Has To Stay In Bed
by Annette Rivlin-Gutman
Price: $13.12
16 used & new from $5.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to help Young Children Adjust to a Horizontal Mommy, July 28, 2007
I found this to be a wonderful book for toddlers faced with the trauma of having a parent on bed rest (whether it's due to pregnancy, an illness or accident). I ordered it on Amazon when I was up all night with insomnia from worry about my 2-year old daughter's difficult time dealing with my long-term (26 week) complete pregnancy bed rest. The day we received it, she asked me to read it to her five times. Our 2 year old related to the tender way the book explains--in a toddler's voice--how a child feels when her Mom is ordered to stay in bed. I couldn't agree more with the quote on the back of the book, "This delightful and poignant book fills a gap in children's literature....Beautiful illustrations and lifting verse will make this a favorite among children and give parents ideas for creative and enjoyable activities to be shared between Mother and Child. Mothers and children in this [bed rest] situation will praise and thank Annette Rivlin-Gutman for addressing their need so eloquently."