Profile for Taylor > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Taylor RSS Feed

My Year with Eleanor: A Memoir
My Year with Eleanor: A Memoir
by Noelle Hancock
Price: $22.49
103 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Book, July 21, 2012
This is actually one of my all time favorite books (and I don't only read chick-lit!). I'm currently reading it for the second time, I think I might make it a yearly tradition because I can relate to Hancock so well. Reading this book is a nice little reminder/wake-up call to stop worrying and start living. I hope she comes out with a follow up! This is actually reminding me to purchase Roosevelt's You Learn By Living as well (a book she mentions often).

Cupcakes and Cashmere: A Guide for Defining Your Style, Reinventing Your Space, and Entertaining with Ease
by Emily Schuman
Price: $11.57
131 used & new from $6.11

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, July 18, 2012
I too agree that, as a frequent reader of Emily's blog, this was a bit of a disappointment. Personally, I think fashion and beauty blog readers already know how to paint their nails, blow dry their hair, and apply lipstick. Or, do we really need another recipe for the classic, two-ingredient martini, chocolate chip cookie, or balsamic vinaigrette? There is also quite a bit of overlap between the book and blog (many of the pictures are straight from her blog archives). Considering that many girls buying the book are also avid followers of the blog, I'd hoped there would have been more original content. Since only so much can go into each blog post, I thought Emily would use this book as an opportunity to go into far greater detail and present more advanced and innovative ideas. It unfortunately did not meet my expectations, and I too wish I'd read these reviews first.

Despite this, I still look forward to reading Cupcakes and Cashmere, the blog!