Profile for Diana De Avila > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 576

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Diana De Avila "MS Gkygrl" RSS Feed (Sarasota, FL USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Vojo 3.5mm Jack Male to Male Stretchable Length Car Audio Cable (red)
Vojo 3.5mm Jack Male to Male Stretchable Length Car Audio Cable (red)
Offered by Vojo
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, functional with a lot of stretch. Answer your phone handsfree and talk with the internal microphone., June 1, 2015
If you need a audio cable to use your cell phone in your vehicle while taking advantage of your car's speaker system, this is a great cable for you. The form factor and functionality make this a great option for the price.

Some of the simple benefits:

- The coils - like an old wired landline phone (remember those?) this is a coiled cable that retracts and stretches easily going from 10cm to 60cm. I took my measurements from coil end to coil end.

- Gold-plated plugs - for durability and sound quality.

- Hands-free calls with the built in microphone.

- Multi-function button on the microphone that works on Apple products (and Android, but not with as much functionality). On iPhones and iPads the button starts and pauses music and lets you navigate through music choices. The button is also used to answer and end a phone call.

This is a great and very cool looking cord. The coils keep it untangled and the product just looks nice too with the red cable and silver and gold plugs. A step up from a boring black or white audio cable.

I was provided with a sample of this cable in exchange for an honest review. I like it and I recommend it.

G7 Power Incline LED 10 Watt (60W) 810 Lumen A19 Standard Light Bulb, Dimmable 2700K Warm White Light, Smooth
Offered by G7 Power
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars LED is the way to go! Will be converting to LED over time., May 30, 2015
LED is definitely the way to go for replacement lightbulbs.

I received a sample G7 Power Incline LED 10W bulb for review and it's working great. I had the perfect reading lamp to use this bulb for and it provides a bright, white dispersed light. At 810 lumens, it is nice and bright and a great replacement to the incandescent light bulbs.

Over time, I want to change out our lighting from the curly CFL bulbs and the few straggling incandescent bulbs out for LEDs. These are a safer bulb to dispose of too as there is no mercury like the CFL.

All in all, a real winner and a great bulb. After testing the sample bulb and experiencing no flicker or delay like we do with CFLs, I am convinced the change out will be worth it.

AHAVA Dead Sea Water Mineral Hand Cream, 1.3 fl. oz.
AHAVA Dead Sea Water Mineral Hand Cream, 1.3 fl. oz.
Price: $7.00
2 used & new from $7.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Moisturizes well, smells a bit funky with a distinctly feminine scent. A little goes a long way!, May 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I was reading about this hand cream and getting ready to receive it, I was excited to read about Deadsea water mineral hand cream. I thought this was going to be wonderful and natural. With WATER being the largest word on the label, I expected something light and pure that also moistened. I was half right. With the hip packaging I was thinking spa ... something citrus scented or minty with perhaps a touch of eucalyptus, lemongrass or tea tree oil? Not so.

The product itself does a nice job of moisturizing without leaving a heavy feeling of lotion residue (like I would be getting lotion on my keyboard right now or something). The lotion absolutely does a great job of moisturizing. But gone is the idea of being "stealth" about your moisturizer because the smell is intensely strong and intensely feminine. If perfume is worn, this is the hand cream that will compete with your scent of choice. The smell is so strong I would be wary about wearing it around people with allergies or breathing problems.

The scent is not just light, it is a bit strong. I have found while having the lotion on my hands for 10 minutes plus, that it does a wonderful job of moisturizing without being greasy ... but the smell changes a bit and it gets a little strange (that is obviously my own body chemistry with this lotion). Oh well ....

The lotion itself is 5 stars for texture and it's ability to moisturize without any residue whatsoever. Bravo for achieving that! I bring it to 3 stars ONLY because of the scent. I think an unscented version or a more spa-friendly scent would be a nice option. The smell of this stuff is really not doing it for me.

Stainless Steel Manual Juicer Fruit Lemon Lime Orange Squeezer with Bowl Juicer Strainer
Offered by VEGALA
Price: $9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, durable and easy to use. This juicer is a great manual option., May 27, 2015
The juicer is lightweight and durable and performed better than I expected it to. I was offered the juicer as a sample for free in exchange for an honest review. For what it is and what it's main purpose is, I have no complaints.

When testing this item out, I used a half-bag of Halo Mandarin Oranges. They were getting riper than I wanted so I thought that they would be a good juice candidate ... and they were!

The tiny Halos worked find on this juicer (I thought that they would be too small but they were not). I was able to get much more juice than I expected and the tray and bottom strainer worked in perfect harmony to create a seedless (Halos are seedless by themselves but the strainer would stop any seeds) and relatively pulpless juice. I was able to get about 10 ounces.

This item is easy to use, durable, washable and is a great option for a manual style juicer. Definitely a keeper.

Crescent CSWS9 3/8-Inch Drive Socket Wrench Set, 27-Piece
Crescent CSWS9 3/8-Inch Drive Socket Wrench Set, 27-Piece
Price: $37.25
8 used & new from $26.37

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great set - easy to use and well thought out., May 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Everything about this wrench set is really nice. I like the feel of the wrench and especially the location of the quick release button and the reversal mechanism. All well thought out and within a thumbs reach and easy to manipulate. At first I was a bit surprised at the handle that had no "grip" pattern and was just smooth (every set I have ever bought has a grippy pattern of some type). I did research on tools like Snap On and found that the smooth handle like this Crescent brand is more the norm.

These are both a short and a long set of sockets. They are tough, the case is nice and the wrench is actually very very smooth. I'm no mechanic, but when I have a project of some kind or need a ratchet, I will be turning to this set.

It includes:
3/8" Drive 72 tooth Quick Release Ratchet
3/8" Drive 3" Extension ,
3/8" Drive 6" Extension .
12 Point sockets: 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 & 19mm.
6 Point Deep Sockets: 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 & 19mm.

A great set to have on hand that contains the deep sockets. Solid case, great set.

BRT® High Performance Laptop Battery for Apple A1322 A1278 (Mid 2009, Mid 2010, Early 2011, Mid 2012 Version) Unibody MacBook Pro 13'', fits 661-5557 661-5229 MB990*/A MB990LL/A MB990J/A [Li-Polymer 6-cell 5800mAh/65Wh] - 12 Months Warranty
Offered by Boruitong
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Non-OEM Battery with 3 included screwdrivers. Holding a charge so far!, May 26, 2015
I have an early 2011 Macbook Pro 13" Unibody and I needed to replace my battery for a third time. I bought a battery in Dec 2013, March 2014 and was asked to review the BRT High Performance Laptop battery in exchange for an honest review. My battery I had just exchanged out (an Anker had really been losing power so quickly and had lasted about 14 months of on/off use).

This battery is non-OEM and it will be the 3rd such battery that I have changed out. Installation was easy and if you need instructions, go to YouTube and look for Macbook Unibody battery replacement. You will need both included Philips screwdrivers for the bottom cover removal and for the battery removal.

Installation was easy and I have retained use of the left side click on my trackpad. This seems to be a resounding issue with some of the Non-OEM batteries.

Time will tell how long this battery will last. It was packaged well, the screwdrivers are helpful and I am hoping that it can go the distance. So far, so good.

Original Penguin Men's Plaid Woven Boxer Short, Tropical Blues, X-Large
Original Penguin Men's Plaid Woven Boxer Short, Tropical Blues, X-Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice boxers ... no baggy butt like traditional boxers. Nice quality, May 23, 2015
I absolutely love the look of these boxers ... I wear boxers to bed along with a t-shirt or tank top. Have been doing that for years and I could not resist the Penguin on the boxers. I had to try them out.

These are such a wonderful madras type of design and material. I've typically bought the Ralph Lauren Woven Boxers (the classic Pony boxers) but decided to try a different brand that were a little more affordable.

As for fit, they seem to fit a little more snugly than the Ralph Lauren's and I had to return a pack I bought and go a size up. I bought according to what I buy in RL but they were too snug. I want to be able to move around a bit! They are just lounge wear for me.

The Munsingwear Original Penquin brand seems to make boxers without the baggy butt. That baggy butt is for a reason though ... no wedgies! These plaid woven boxers do not have that funky baggy butt ... so if you like and need that ... these are perfect.

The material is wonderful, they wash up great and they are nice. Definitely more geared towards the slimmer, straighter body type but a great pair of boxer shorts.

Omega 3 Fish Oil, 800mg EPA, 600mg DHA, 120 Capsules, Top Rated Fish Oil On Amazon, Molecularly Distilled for Purity, Mercury Free, Burp Free, Reduces Inflammation and Joint Pain, Improves Skin Mood and Eye Function, 4.7 Out Of 5 Stars - 100% Money Back Guarantee, Love It Or It's Free!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant taste, good stuff in the capsule ... created with care., May 23, 2015
These OMEGA-3 supplements don't have a fishy odor or taste and don't seem to cause any burping which is awesome.

I was prescribed Omega-3 by my VA doctor to help with Lipids. I have found that taking fish oil has really helped with my cholesterol over the years. The BodyVega Omega 3 Fish Oil has a lot to it ... and I am much more impressed by it's formula than the one sent to me from my doctor. The BodyVega version has
-800 mg of EPA per serving (2 softgels)
-600 mg of DHA per serving (2 softgels)

When you put your nose to the bottle of these Omega 3's, you smell a distinctly faint and not overpowering smell of lemon. This is always helpful with swallowing them or if "burps" happen. I have found that with my use of this product so far ... I do not have those famous fish oil burps.

I was supplied with a free sample of this product in exchange for a fair review. I like these Omega 3 capsules. They are more palatable than my prescribed more generic capsules and I am happy with them. Omega-3's are one supplement I really believe are worth taking ... as always, chat with your doctor if you have any questions.

Honeystore Men's Titanium Steel Rolo Chain Cross Pendant Necklace Color Black Silver Length 19.6 inch
Offered by Honeystore
Price: $31.99
2 used & new from $26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely packaged cross and chain that can suit a young man or woman., May 21, 2015
This cross is described as a Men's necklace but I think a young man or young woman could wear this. It came in an attractive jewelry box that will make a good place to store the cross. The box has a velvety-micro suede feel to it on the outside and the inside is lined with plush velvet. Since presentation is so important with jewelry, I thought that I would mention it.

The cross itself is very light (Titanium) and can easily be switched to another chain if this chain seems too chunky or does not work. The lobster claw on the chain seems durable but the chain looks like it might have nickel in it (I have an allergy to nickel so I would change it out pretty quickly to a leather necklace option). The chain aside, the cross looks nice and unlike the stock pictures done by the Honeystore that show a cross that has an interior bevel, mine is completely flush (I tried to depict this in my photos). I like the flush version better as it has a nice polished sheen and reflection. The cross is not too big or too small - at 2.5" tall, it seems like a perfect size to accent whatever wardrobe that is going on. Personally, I think it suits a younger audience best.

While this is a nice product for what it is, I feel the price point is too high for the quality provided (so I knocked off a star). I feel that I could go to Macy's and find this product for under $15.

I was provided with a free sample of this cross chain necklace in exchange for an honest review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Louisville Ladder FS2006 250-Pound Duty Rating Fiberglass Step Ladder, 6-Feet
Louisville Ladder FS2006 250-Pound Duty Rating Fiberglass Step Ladder, 6-Feet
Price: $96.81
14 used & new from $76.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, sturdy and affordable traditional ladder! I love the tool slots and magnet at the top!, May 21, 2015
We moved into a new Villa in FL last year and the buyer of our house got some tools and our old ladder. We didn't realize we would need more than a little step ladder until we made the move and discovered there are little things to do that really DO need the height a traditional ladder provides.

The Louisville FS2006 250-Pound Duty Rating Fiberglass Step Ladder is light and sturdy with a 250 lb duty rating. It's tough and solid. More than I expected for under $100! Delivered from Amazon pretty quickly too.

We considered going for the 300 lb rating (and the price has dropped to just a $3.00 difference as of this writing) but decided that the lighter weight rating and lighter ladder would be perfect for us. I definitely appreciate the molded top with handyman's tool slots that help to keep tools close at hand ... that's a real plus.

I see using this ladder to change lightbulbs, maybe clean a gutter out and an occasional bit of painting. We are not serious DIY folks ... but we needed a ladder and this one is perfect for us.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20