Profile for Diana De Avila > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 536

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Diana De Avila "MS Gkygrl" RSS Feed (Sarasota, FL USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Purina Fortiflora Feline Nutritional Supplement Box, 30gm
Purina Fortiflora Feline Nutritional Supplement Box, 30gm
Price: $19.95
17 used & new from $15.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats love the taste, Mama loves the effect!, March 30, 2015
Purina Fortiflora is an item I have used in the past with great success - and just recently employed again to even out our kitty's digestive system.

Initially when I bought this product in 2007, I used it to alleviate the nasty litterbox smells coming from our newly adopted black cat "Boo Boo Kitty". A month of FortiFlora and his smelly poos were gone. Really quite amazing!!! I never remembered though that the cats might really find the taste irresistable. Fast forward to 2015.

Recently, I decided to use FortiFlora again for one of our mature cats (they are all mature now - all 5 of them) who is having looser bowels and a stinky smell. The little guy has been dewormed but I think is just a bit of a nervous nellie because we have moved over the past year and he is still getting adjusted to the water and food. The unexpected consequence we have discovered is that when I pour a pouch of this stuff on kitty's wet food, the other cats want it too. Something about the taste is appealing to all 5 of our kitties. So I've been using it on their food for the meantime as our little nervous guy continues to get his digestive system under control.

The stuff works, and it also seems to be quite palatable. Not the cheapest stuff ... but worth it!

Kala Mahogany Ukulele Stand Out
Kala Mahogany Ukulele Stand Out
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $25.90
6 used & new from $25.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Mahogany Veneer wood stand fits my Tenor Ukulele Perfectly - stable and portable, March 27, 2015
This is a beautiful Mahogany veneer ukulele stand that fits my Lanakai SMP-TCA (solid Monkey Pod Tenor Cutaway) perfectly. This tenor ukulele as well as my Oscar Schmidt OU4 are a perfect fit as far as body depth go. A travel ukulele would fit at as well.

The stand comes as two separate pieces and slide together like a beautiful little piece of art. The stand a beautiful ukulele compliment each other. The stand is light but sturdy and the contact edges (where the uke sits) are lined with a thin foam type of material. This provides some protection for the finish of your instrument.

I really love the look of this stand. Had it been in solid mahogany (I am sure they exist, but not here on Amazon), I would have tried that one instead. Really a beautiful concept which could be made even more beautiful with solid wood. I know if the stand was solid wood, this price point could not be achieved.

For what it is and how beautiful it looks .... 5 stars.

Skiva Powervault A15000 Ultra High Capacity Portable Battery Pack (15000mAh capacity) with 2 USB Ports (5V/3A) for iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5s, 5c, 5, 4s, 4, 3GS, 3, iPad Air 2, 1, iPad mini 3, 2, 1, iPod, Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Note 2, Note, Tab 3, Tab 2, Nexus 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, Moto X, G, HTC One, One 2(M8), LG G3, G2, Optimus, other Android, Windows Smartphones and Tablets [Model No.: AP113] - 1 Year Warranty and Lifetime Support
Offered by Skiva
Price: $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim and attractive - the Skiva Powervault A15000 is more aesthetically pleasing than most, March 27, 2015
The Skiva Powervault A15000 is a powerhouse in a slim and attractive design. The slim design and the pebble textured vinyl surface makes for a a powerbank that transcends some of the other bulkier designs in powerbanks that provide 15000mAh capacity.

I have used the Powervault to charge both my iPhone, iPad and digital camera. It's larger footprint does not make it ideal for fitting in a pocket, but it's thin and slim profile along with it's attractive cover with gold accents make it a powerbank that appeals more aesthetically. If pocket-sized portability is less important than aesthetics, than this powervault powerbank is a nice option.

The on/off button (signified by an locked and unlocked padlock) is activated by sliding your finger in the direction of the arrow - Right for on (unlocking) and left for off (locking). I don't think that this is the most intuitive graphic ... but it works well once you get the hang of it. The rapid charging nature and 5v output easily makes up for anything I may find fault in.

Great price point and a different kind of powerbank. I received free or discounted product in exchange for providing an unbiased review and find that the Skiva Powervault A15000 exceeds my expectations.

DesertWolf Premium Cotton Canvas Cross Body Laptop Messenger Bag - Men Business Vintage Handbag / Briefcase - Fit 14 Inch Laptop
Offered by Histore
Price: $37.99
2 used & new from $37.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice messenger bag at a good pricepoint -, March 27, 2015
This bag is perfect to carry a smaller laptop or some books and small items. If you want to carry a larger 3 ring binder and books, look for another bag. My main quibble with this bag is that I wish it were taller. This bag is a bit too short (from top to bottom) to carry typical books and laptops larger than 13". When testing with my Macbook Pro 13" laptop, it did fit into the bag but I would not expect to fit anything much thicker or taller.

The material is nice and looks nice from a distance. The canvas feels strong and I think that the price point of approx $38 is reasonable for the bag and should provide appropriate expectations. The customer service for the Messenger bag seems adequate and if I had bought the item, I would have contacted them about the measurements.

The vinyl (fake leather) had a very strong odor upon arrival but that has since worn off over a month. I received a free or discounted product in exchange for providing an unbiased review.

To sum it up, I think the bag is too short for my intended use of music books, or 3 ring binders. I feel It needs about 2-3" of height to work for most standard items. It seems like an odd height and a bit short.

Quality and cost wise, 4 stars.

Gaiam Restore Pinpoint Back Massager
Gaiam Restore Pinpoint Back Massager
Price: $24.98
3 used & new from $24.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice trigger point back massager if you know how to use it, March 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great triggerpoint massager if you know how to use it. It is meant for pinpoint use / trigger points and to assist with muscle tension release.

This Pinpoint Back Massager is good for it's specific use. The manufacturing quality is definitely "ok". Some mentioned seams and rough edges on their units ... I did not notice anything that was intolerable on mine. How cool would it be to make this Back Massager double for a back scratcher? The manufacturer could make a snap on cap that fits over the ball (silicone or something with little fingers) to create a back scratcher. 2 in 1. It has great reach for that use.

If you are purchasing this massager, make sure you understand how to use it properly to get relief. The manufacturer offers a downloadable guide.

Nature Valley Breakfast Biscuits, Blueberry, 8.85 Ounce
Nature Valley Breakfast Biscuits, Blueberry, 8.85 Ounce
Offered by RLMJ Enterprises
Price: $7.50
6 used & new from $4.21

3.0 out of 5 stars "Crunch-chewy" - but they taste too manufactured to me, March 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am a big fan of the Nature Valley Granola bars. The granola bars have been around for along time. Now one of the trends (and it seems like Belvita was on the cutting edge) is to make these breakfast biscuits. Pocket sized and protein packed cookie-like snacks that are posited as breakfast substitutes. The concept is great for people on the move or who won't take the time for a more substantial breakfast.

The biscuits themselves are what I would call "crunch-chewy". They are not completely crunchy or completely chewy. This variety seems overtaken by blueberries that although they fall near the bottom of the ingredient list smell and taste like they should be near the top. Honestly though, this blueberry flavor and the texture of these seem far too manufactured for me. Truth be told, I am a huge fan of the Belvita varieties anf find that these do not live up to them. They look similar but taste totally different.

In the future, I would take a pass on these and stick with Belvita (both the crunchy and soft variety) or Nature Valley's Granola Bars.

Remington Products Women's Radiant and Smooth Women Six Blade System, 1 Count
Remington Products Women's Radiant and Smooth Women Six Blade System, 1 Count
Offered by Infiltrade LLC
Price: $21.05
2 used & new from $21.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Ergonomic handle, 6 blades make this razor a winner, March 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The ergonomic handle on this razor make it easy to work with even if your dexterity is a little off at times (like me with MS and quite a bit of neuropathy and don't get a solid handle sometimes on razors). The 6 blade system is awesome and really covers a lot of area. One swipe with the razor and it has pretty much obliterated any stubble.

I am not sure if 6 blades (or 4 or 3) really make that much of a difference in the long run ... but as far as area covered, 6 blades seem to make for more coverage and a more complete shaving stroke. The one issue that you may want to think about in the long run is the cost of use. A 4 pack of refills cost $11.49 (at this time on Amazon). Is the cost worth it for you?

The 6 blade coverage seems amazing, but I am unsure how long one cartridge will last? Time will tell. If they last as long as other disposable razors, then the cost of entry seems high. Personal choice.

Billy Martin: Baseball's Flawed Genius
Billy Martin: Baseball's Flawed Genius
by Bill Pennington
Price: $21.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Important Piece of the Billy Martin Puzzle, March 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
“If there was anyone who went through life without a seat belt on, it was Billy Martin.” This line, from the Introduction of Billy Martin: Baseball’s Flawed Genius by Bill Pennington, artfully captures the essence of the man who wore number 1. In this book the reader is exposed to the multifaceted Billy Martin that made him a part of baseball’s historic canvas: the fiery temper, unfiltered speech, unrelenting drive and compulsion to win at all costs. In other words, the unrestrained Billy Martin that the world knows and loves (or hates). Although this persona takes center stage—it would be impossible to ignore—Pennington also uncovers the lesser-known side of Billy Martin: an extremely loyal son, sibling, cousin who was as devout a Catholic as he was a Yankee.

In Baseball’s Flawed Genius, Pennington presents a panorama of Martin’s life, beginning with his humble beginnings in West Berkeley in the ‘30s and concluding with his untimely death in 1989. We see Billy Martin as a skinny, scrappy kid who fought hard for everything he got on and off the baseball diamond to a man who demanded nothing less than that same passion and fight from his players. We also see a man who, for all of his resilience, could only take so much. Pennington doesn't shy away from addressing Martin’s alcoholism, fractured relationships and regrets. But, the author also balances Martin’s foibles with his personal victories, stories corroborated by a wide array of family, friends and acquaintances.

Indeed, Pennington does his homework and interviews those closest to Martin—family, friends and teammates—and weaves together a comprehensive depiction of what he aptly terms, a “flawed genius.” These interviews shed light on Martin’s enigmatic persona and, in some cases, debunk a few of the anecdotes told by Billy himself over the years. I don’t think we’ll ever truly figure out Billy Martin, but Pennington’s book adds another key piece to the puzzle that’s worth investing your time with and making room on your bookshelf for. Great book!

Flatworld® Decorative Elegant Creative Star Throw Pillow Case Cushion Cover Linen Cotton Natural Bed Pillow Protectors Home Decors (Purple Audrey)
Offered by Teamwin Trading
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Whimiscal and Fun - Love the Purple Audrey Pillow Cover, March 25, 2015
This pillow cover is whimsical and fun. I think you are either going to love it or hate it. Keep in mind, it is the cover only and not the pillow. I had an extra pillow that is not the perfect fit but gives an idea of the item until I can purchase a slightly larger pillow.

The cover is a heavy canvas / linen type material with a zipper. The design in bright and fun (although the gray kitty seems more muted in purple to me).

I've sold 2 of these pillows for this company just by showing the sample picture and everyone LOVES them. Purple Audrey. How clever and how fun!

Great quality case, reasonable price point.

I received a sample in exchange for an unbiased review. This actually adds a little fun to our mid-century modern design.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Aduro U-SNAP SF45 Universal Wireless Bluetooth Selfie Remote / Camera Shutter for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, LG, HTC, Android with Tripod (Blue)
Offered by Entronik
Price: $25.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice remote that pairs easily .... but a very flimsy plastic Tripod that tips over and doesn't grip., March 24, 2015
I received this set as a sample in exchange for an unbiased review.

Conceptually this is really a neat idea. A small bluetooth controlled remote to operate the shutter on my iPhone 6. The Aduro U-SNAP paired easily with the iPhone 6 and was easily recognizable by the iOS. The remote control comes with a coin battery installed but also comes with a spare coin battery and a small phillips head screwdriver for battery changeout on the remote. This was very thoughtful. I like the remote and it works. Where the set fails is with the cheap tripod.

The tripod (the one in my set at least) does not look like the one in the picture. Mine has very lightweight legs with no rubber grippers at the bottom. The plastic feet do not make for a steady hold of the tripod - on uneven surfaces the phone could tip or fall. Also, although the legs on the tripod extend, they do not create enough of a spread to adequately support my heavy iPhone 6. Because there is no weight or gripping ability at the bottom of the tripod, my iPhone 6 (in the Lifeprood Fre case) was tipping over. The plastic feet also mean that the tripod does not get a good grip on different surfaces. I can't trust my expensive phone to such a poorly made tripod. You should evaluate that for your own situation too.

Pros:
The remote is small and pairs easily with iOS
Extra battery for the remote along with a small screwdriver to make replacements easy.
Wrist Strap for the remote keeps it handy.
The tripod has extendable legs!
The standard phone bracket which fits on any tripod

Cons:
The tripod - plastic & aluminum.
Very lightweight which makes it difficult to support the weight of a phone in it's case (or alone)
Not enough good spread on the angle of the legs - amplifying instability.

If you are buying this for the remote along, kudos, the remote works well. If you are purchasing it counting on the tripod, evaluate for yourself and make the decision. I found the tripod not sturdy or steady enough to justify using it.
Comment Comment | Permalink