Profile for Diana De Avila > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 713

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Diana De Avila "MS Gkygrl" RSS Feed (Sarasota, FL USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Newness Stainless Steel Tabletop Single Bottle Serving C Shape Display Wine Rack Stand, Used in House Living Room, Hotel, Home Kitchen, Bar, Color Silver
Offered by Newness Ongoing
Price: $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Modern, clean line of this single bottle rack, July 24, 2015
This is such a neat piece of "functional art". If you like modern, clean lines ... this is a nice little piece to hold a bottle of wine suspended. It's a very cool concept and makes a nice piece for the dinner table before the wine is opened and poured. Talk about a conversation piece. I had never seen anything like this.

What you see is what you get - minus the wine bottle. Very easy to use and it balances a wine bottle so nicely.

I was provided a free sample for testing purposes and I really like this piece. It's like art that holds a wonderful elixir. 5 stars.

Mini Bluetooth Speaker, Mengo Mini Drum Portable Bluetooth Speaker with Selfie Camera Feature - White - Retail Packaging
Offered by Mengo Products
Price: $13.99
2 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Big sound for it's miniscule size!, July 23, 2015
This little mini Bluetooth speaker is more than just really cute and compact, it actually sounds pretty good (albeit a little bit tinny with the highs). But for what it is, this is a great little speaker that is ultra compact.

It excels for being a tiny little drum speaker but keep realistic expectations in knowing that it cannot possibly rival something larger. But what it does, it does well for the size. Little form factor with a larger than expected sound ... which degrades at lower volumes over full blast.

I'm giving it 4-stars because it will certainly fit a need and the form factor is cool. I was provided a free sample to test to review purposes and it definitely outdoes my expectations. If looking for ultra compact sound, this Mengo Mini Drum speaker can fulfill a need.

Shacke 18 x 12 inch Bar Service Mat (Black with Red Rim)
Shacke 18 x 12 inch Bar Service Mat (Black with Red Rim)
Offered by Shacke
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great heavy duty bar service mat., July 23, 2015
This is a wonderful and heavy duty bar mat (much like the promotional ones provided by liquor suppliers to bars and restaurants). Having been in the family restaurant business, I wanted to compare the quality and this 18x12" mat matched up.

The directions provided with the mat said that there might be an odor upon opening and recommendation to clean and rinse the mat ... but I didn't notice any particular odor at all.

Sharp looking bar mat that is thick and durable and certainly does the trick.

I received a free sample of the Shacke 18 x 12 Service Mat in order to test and provide honest feedback. I like the mat, it does the trick.

BBQ Grill Light Anear Barbecue Grill Light for BBQ Outdoor Handle Mount Touch Sensor Switch Barbecue Lighting Flashlight Torch Bicycle Light Head Light
Offered by ANEAR
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light for my Weber Genesis Gas Grill with Cover, July 7, 2015
I live in Southwest Florida where the humidity is high but I can BBQ all year long without a hitch. I use a Weber Genesis grill that has a thicker handle. I was concerned at first that this light would not fit the circumference of my BBQ handle ... not a problem at all. The adjustable bracket on the light is easily adjusted just right to fit the handle at whatever angle I choose to mount it. The bracket allows for a lot of variability and this is definitely a great thing.

There is a small screwdriver included with the light ... this is simply to open up a screw on the battery compartment (which takes 3 AA batteries). It was a nice add-on in the package.

The light is turned on through touch and shines bright at 100 lumens. Just enough to focus on the job at hand. The switch is sensitive to touch and responds easily. The light has some heat resistance but optimally, the instructions say to keep it dry and a half meter away from the "bbq station" - I think the handle is the perfect place but will need to be assessed if you are using the light with the top closed.

It mounts easily and does a nice job in circumstances that do not have optimal light. It definitely has a lot of flexibility and functionality. I like the light and have it mounted on my Weber. It works great with no complaints.

I received a sample of this product for free in exchange for an honest review.

Selfie Stick - K-ble ® Ultra Compact Extendable Wireless Selfie Stick with built-in Bluetooth Remote Shutter and Adjustable Phone Holder - For iPhone 6 / 6 Plus / 5 / 5s / 5c Compatible with iOS and Android
Offered by Kble
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly compact and easy to use selfie-stick for the iPhone 6 (iOS 8.4), July 6, 2015
I've been asked to review a lot of selfie sticks over the past year. This particular selfie stick truly is ultra compact and is easy use. I am using it with the iPhone 6 with a Lifeproof Fre case and the bracket fits fine with no difficulty. The bluetooth connection was easily recognized by my iPhone and the selfie stick itself is easily carried.

I am attaching a picture of my unit (which I was provided for FREE in exchange for a review) I am not a fan of the pink accents but this can be made up for in portability and ease. The one button operation and ease of bluetooth connectivity make this selfie stick my current favorite.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Parasheet Beach Blanket / Picnic Blanket by Gecko Active - 100% Parachute Nylon. Extra Large, Lightweight, Durable, Quick-drying With Weighted Pockets. Perfect For a SAND-FREE Day at the Beach.
Offered by Gecko Active
Price: $45.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome on the beach: light, easy and breezy., July 6, 2015
What a novel idea this parasheet / beach blanket are! The beautiful sands of Siesta Key in Sarasota, FL made for a great testing ground. Although I had never seen anything like this, I was so anxious to get it and try it out. I was provided a free sample for testing in exchange for my review.

Everything about the Gecko Active Parasheet make it a great item for a beach outing. It's super light, it's extremely compact and it creates a nice barrier between you and the sand. Because of it's thinness, I would definitely be careful where it is used in order to avoid punctures or tears.

The corners on the parasheet can be weighted down with sand. There are also loops that make this great to prop up as a shelter. Overall a great item with a lot of utility. Love it!

Wheelchair Bag By Vive - Essential Wheelchair Accessory Compatible with Rolling Walkers & Transport Chairs - Hands Free Storage for Disability Equipment - Vive Guarantee
Offered by HEALTH SOURCE
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to a manual chair to carry a jacket, sweatshirt and bottle of water - smaller, lighter items, July 5, 2015
This is a light and durable bag that is useful for manual wheelchairs or other mobility devices. The fit is relatively useful and worked for my Quickie lite chair.

The bag is light and packable. The nylon material is sturdy enough but you don't want to overload it with something like books or technology items ... it does better holding a jacket or sweatshirt, a bottle of water and lighter everyday items. Don't expect it to be a book bag or backpack. It's not made for that.

Light and sturdy. It works.

Ohuhu® 4 Channel 2.4GHz 6-Axis RC Explorers Quad Copter / Gyro RC Quadcopter with Camera, Remote Control Drone Equipped with Headless System, 360 Degree Eversion - White
Offered by Ohuhu Direct
Price: $64.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Build quality like a cheap toy, but difficult to master, July 4, 2015
I received the quad copter in exchange for an honest review and have to share my experiences here.

I have to say that this quad copter does fly, and it flies smoothly but the materials used for it are so poorly made that I cannot possibly recommend it. Firstly, when immediately taking it out of it's packaging, it began to peel white paint. This is a white plastic and I am unsure why the manufacturer used paint over it. This made it feel very cheap and the paint began to peel and flake everywhere. Definitely disconcerting.

The remote works but there are a lot of controls on it that make it more complex than it needs to be. Simplicity is key. This remote is not simple. The directions mention right off that this is not a toy but a piece of precise electronic equipment. I will agree that it flies precisely but it's extremely light weight makes it very difficult to control even if there is the lightest breeze present. When it flies, it is fun and flies well. But the pieces on it are very flimsy and I experienced quite a few issues with breaking parts even when the quad copter did not land that hard. One of the lights on the bottom popped off somewhere in flight and one of the blade protector pegs broke (so I had to replace one of them) ... not to mention the trail of peeling paint.

The quad copter was a disappointment and although it flies well if you can control it, the remote is overly complicated (it does not need to be) and the parts are cheap. This needs to be a more durable item to recommend it past two stars ... and I did not even get to the camera which I did not even try to use. My recommendation, save your money for something of better quality. It looks and is priced like a remote control toy but will not hold up for an occasional hard landing. The peeling paint in and of itself is worrisome - is there lead in the paint?? Because of this, I disposed of the quad copter.

Play the Part: Master Body Signals to Connect and Communicate for Business Success
by Gina Barnett
Price: $13.20
49 used & new from $9.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical book that is a great resource for understanding body language in business transactions and in life., July 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our body language conveys so much as we interact in business and in life. Executive Communication Consultant Gina Barnett takes very practical skills - the ones that actors use - and packages them up in a way that makes them applicable for those in business situations. Whether you are in sales, doing a presentation, on the phone, running a meeting ... there is practical advice and exercises aplenty to bring acute awareness to all of the things that the body is saying. Most of these signals and signs are unconscious...Gina helps to make these body signals more conscious and raises awareness.

This is a great, practical book with the focus of raising body language awareness. While it is geared for those in business, it can benefit anyone since living life is often filled with various transactions. Love the practicality of this book. A great resource.

EiioX Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser Ultrasonic Humidifier Cool Mist Air Purifier Aroma Atomizer Wellness Ionizer with 7 Color Changing LED Lights and 4 Time Settings, Whisper-quiet & Waterless Auto Shut-off - Portable for Home, Yoga, Office, SPA, Bedroom,Babyroom - Great for Room Size of 100*200 SqFt , Pure White
Offered by VeeCome
Price: $87.00
3 used & new from $43.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Groovy Oil Diffisurer, love the changing lights and shape!, June 27, 2015
This is the first essential oil diffuser I have ever owned. I wanted the chance to send the lovely waft of Lavender through my villa and this diffuser was a wonderful offering given to me by the seller in exchange for my honest review. I'll be testing another smaller diffuser as well in the near future ... but for this review, I wanted to focus on the ease of use and form factor.

Since this is the absolute first essential oil diffuser I've ever used, I wanted directions that would make perfect sense to the newbie. The enclosed directions were very clear and concise and dealt with some good troubleshooting situations. It's nice to know that the unit will not work without water and that it has an automatic shut off. The aesthetic of the diffuser is not bad on it's own but it really shines best with the lights switching around. It adds a nice ambiance and subtle scent. The Lavender was really nice. Next up: Frankincense.

Tie EiioX Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser is the "Lava Lamps" of oil diffusers and the changing light and various light modes are a neat addition. You can run the unit with or without lights. I really love this thing.

Again, I received this diffuser free in exchange for my review and I am really enjoying it.
Comment Comment | Permalink