Profile for Laura K. Wright > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Laura K. Wright RSS Feed

HIC Brands that Cook Stainless Steel Milk Frother, 14-Ounce Size
HIC Brands that Cook Stainless Steel Milk Frother, 14-Ounce Size
Price: $18.86
20 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, March 25, 2014
Here's the trick. Pump cold milk, even a small amount (1/3 cup), until frothy. THEN microwave for 60-90 seconds. Voila!

How to Perfect the Art of Saying 'No'
How to Perfect the Art of Saying 'No'
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, quick, helpful read!, January 8, 2014
Who doesn't need this book with its helpful, real life applications?! We all need to perfect the art of saying No at the right time, in the right place.

Maileg Princess and the Pea Gift Set
Maileg Princess and the Pea Gift Set
Offered by Maison Drake
Price: $108.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall wonderful, September 17, 2013
I've wanted this set for a long time and finally decided to pay the rather steep price. The doll, bed, and bedding met my expectations--super cute and something to keep forever--but the little book is really underwhelming. Maileg is a great company, and given the cost, that part is a disappointing.

Radical Diet
Radical Diet
by Dr Mauro Di Pasquale
Price: $28.36
11 used & new from $14.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective, July 2, 2013
This review is from: Radical Diet (Paperback)
I only want to lose 10-12 pounds, and in the first three weeks, I've lost 8. So I like it for being quick and not too hard because I'm kept full with protein. Hopefully I'll hit my goal in 2 more weeks. One note, if you buy this from Amazon and not from metabolicdiet.com and then you want to access everything on that website, you'll need to contact someone there to give you that access.

The Golden Principles: Life and Leadership Lessons from a Rescued Dog
The Golden Principles: Life and Leadership Lessons from a Rescued Dog
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Principles for Life, October 29, 2012
This book is not only heartwarming, it's also a guidebook to make me a better person. Thank you, Dr. Neillie!

Flies on the Butter
Flies on the Butter
by Denise Hildreth Jones
Price: $13.49
172 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this story, February 20, 2007
This review is from: Flies on the Butter (Paperback)
What a privilege to witness the moments when God brings a person to such brokenness that she finally submits to His gentle care. This book gave me hope for those in my life struggling to find faith in Jesus and/or to surrender to Him--that the prayers of others DO have an impact on the strugglers' journeys and that God loves them enough to persist in His pursuit. (Even when I can't see the glory part coming!)

At first I, like another reviewer here, worried that I wasn't going to like Rose all that much, but how she grew on me and how I ultimately identified with her and cheered her on! Don't the best characters do that? Maybe we are initially repelled because we see the less-than-positive aspects of ourselves in them, and perhaps we are inclined to judge them too.

I learned some things in this book, and I was encouraged (and entertained). Thank you, Denise!

Manhattan in Photographs
Manhattan in Photographs
by Marcia Reiss
44 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, December 6, 2006
The quality of photographs in this book is below average, which was a sad surprise. I definitely do not recommend this book.

How We Love: A Revolutionary Approach to Deeper Connections in Marriage
How We Love: A Revolutionary Approach to Deeper Connections in Marriage
by Milan Yerkovich
58 used & new from $3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Heal and Enhance Your Marriage, October 27, 2006
This book offers simple yet profound insights for improving the way you relate, and thus the way you and your spouse relate. The principles will help transform suffering relationships, and they will offer icing on the cake for thriving relationships. Milan and Kay offer you ways to change that are completely doable, and bring great results. The principles also apply to your other relationships. I love this book!