Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 115

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Adkins, TX USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Twin Size SafeRest Premium Hypoallergenic Waterproof Mattress Protector - Vinyl Free
Offered by Everyday Pure
Price: $34.95
13 used & new from $20.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, February 9, 2015
Arrived promptly and work as advertised. I use mine to protect furniture from pet stains and they work perfectly.

Olympus TG-3 Waterproof 16 MP Digital Camera (Red)
Olympus TG-3 Waterproof 16 MP Digital Camera (Red)
Offered by WholeSaleAV
Price: $458.89
6 used & new from $275.00

3.0 out of 5 stars User friendly, handsome design., February 2, 2015
I love the red color and I love that this camera is easy to use. There are a variety of scene options, there is a built in flash, and it's ergonomic to use. Having said all that, the pictures are good but not as good as some other cameras. You pay for the waterproofing with a slightly less sharp lens. Still, this is my go to camera for days when the weather is lousy or I'm going to the beach and don't want to worry about sand and grit and salty air. It has a 4x zoom, which is small for a modern camera but again, it's a tradeoff for the weather proofing. And it has a charging system unique to this camera which is hugely irritating. Lose it and you gotta buy another one. Grrrr. Still, I like my little red friend and enjoy taking pictures with it.

Normande Lighting JM1-884 71-Inch 100-Watt Incandescent Torchiere Floor Lamp with 40-Watt Side Reading Lamp
Offered by Uber Bazaar
Price: $94.99
3 used & new from $78.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good lighting, good lamp, November 1, 2014
I bought this for my small home reading room. It's handsome and was not difficult to put together. It takes up very little space, which is perfect because my reading room is extremely small. I would recommend it and would it buy it again.

Domke J-HERAL-VK Herald Canvas (Khaki/Black)
Domke J-HERAL-VK Herald Canvas (Khaki/Black)
Price: $191.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality bag but very expensive, October 18, 2014
I purchased this bag on a whim. Domke's heyday was in the 70's and back then, cameras were designed differently. Domke bags are only now beginning to reflect the differences between mechanical cameras of the 70's and today's digital cameras. The Next Generation line of Domke bags is supposed to answer the needs of modern cameras, specifically, the need for greater protection, the need for more pockets for cords, media cards, and other accouterments and the fact that newer DSLR's are larger and use larger lenses than their film ancestors. Anyway, on to the my review:

First off, the color in the picture is nothing like the color of the bag. The picture suggests the bag is the color of sailing cloth, but it is more a pale cafe au lait. Light khaki would also describe it pretty accurately. It is nowhere near as pale as the product picture suggests.

The description gives dimensions but actually seeing the bag made me realize that it is quite narrow, more like a messenger bag than the traditional boxy Domke bags of previous designs. I had to push my Canon 7D with 16-300mm lens attached into the bag, and it was a firm fit. The bag comes with one divider , so I just kept it in place which divides the main portion of the bag into two parts. One part for the camera and lens. The second part I used for a tabletop tripod and a media card wallet. There are several expandable pockets, so I used those for wallet, cell phone, flash unit, cords, batteries, misc stuff. The inside of the main compartment is ringed with a protective sleeve which stiffens the bag and provides protection against bumps and knocks. I have faith that it'll do the job, it appears sturdy and well designed.

The bag comes with Rugged Wear protective wax, which is ridiculous. I have heard the Domke wax is gummy and unpleasant, I'd rather spray the bag with Scotchguard. However, I do think the bag will stand up to weather without either the wax or spray, unless you are really stuck in a nasty downpour. I don't remember if Domke includes a rain jacket or not, In any case, I never use those.

The grab handle on top is really useful, enabling the rushed photographer to grab his bag and just go on to the next assigment. I like grab handles and am glad Domke added one. There is also a expandable shoulder strap and a second, smaller strap, I'm not sure what it's for.

The bag is ergonomic, the streamlined design makes it easy to use in crowds or just to carry. The downside is being so narrow, big professional DSLR cameras can be a tight fit, unless you are clever about packing your bag.

You could tote a smaller mirrorless camera outfit in this bag, in which case there is plenty of room for your gear. But since the bag is targeted at journalists, I'm going to assume journalists prefer DSLRs. (yeah, I know..I know...)

My biggest complaint is Domke's outrageous price. Seriously, this thing cost me almost 300 bucks and that's alot of money for one bag. The next generation line isn't selling well and I'm not surprised, Well made bags but you can get other bags just as good that are plenty cheaper. I mentioned I bought it on a whim, I decided to give myself a nice treat and so I bought this. I am keeping it and will probably enjoy it's quality and good design. But the price and deceptive color have made me decide it only rates 3 stars.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2015 5:43 PM PDT

Battery Operated Candles By Festival Delights® - 6 Unscented Small Flameless Candles, Dia. 1.5"x1.75" Height, 70+ Hours of Lighting, 6 Extra Batteries Included, LED Candles, Flameless Candle Set, Votive Candles, Centerpieces, Wedding Decor
Offered by Festival Delights
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $11.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute little holiday candles, September 28, 2014
I bought these to put in a ceramic Halloween pumpkin. They work nicely and use commonly found batteries and as a plus, extra batteries are included. I got them on time and they were well packed and arrived intact.

Great Food Fast (Best of the Best Presents) Bob Warden's Ultimate Pressure Cooker Recipes
by Christian Stella
Price: $18.01
30 used & new from $13.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first book for those new to pressure cooking, September 21, 2014
Excellent beginners guide to pressure cooking. Easy to read, simple directions and the food is really good!

The Music of the Spheres
The Music of the Spheres
Price: $10.19
36 used & new from $4.89

1.0 out of 5 stars MS usually makes such amazing music, this one is an exception, September 21, 2014
Weird tunes that are spooky and irritating, rather than intriguing. MS usually makes such amazing music, this one is an exception. Skip it.

The Fujifilm X-E2: Beyond the Manual
The Fujifilm X-E2: Beyond the Manual
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars good but a bit lacking of some stuff, September 1, 2014
Clear explanations of certain menu functions. Thank God for this because the manuals explanation is a bit muddled. However, there is a lot of emphasis
On shooting RAW but this camera is well respected for really good JPG images. Also an EXACT explanation of how to shoot shutter and aperture priority would be great.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2014 2:54 PM PST

Sentinel FM120P 12-Sheet High Security Micro-Cut Paper/CD/Credit Card Shredder with Pullout Basket, Black
Price: $179.99
10 used & new from $135.11

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh., August 30, 2014
It's okay but not as good as my Amazon Basics paper shredder. Seriously. I've never found a standby setting which means I have to turn it on and off every time I want to shred something. Several items have gotten stuck and I've had to pull it apart and clean it up again. I would not buy this again.

How We Die, Reflections on Life's Final Chapter by Sherwin B. Nuland | Summay & Study Guide

1.0 out of 5 stars Skip it, it's worthless., August 30, 2014
I thought this was an entire book, not a summary. Extremely disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12