Profile for Crabbypantz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Crabbypantz RSS Feed (Portland, ME)

Bosch [HD]
Bosch [HD]
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 28, 2015
This review is from: Bosch [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
Great show!

Escali Deluxe Chrome Razor and Brush Stand
Escali Deluxe Chrome Razor and Brush Stand
Offered by Perella's
Price: $29.95
2 used & new from $16.94

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great, and pretty too!, May 2, 2014
It's a very nice little piece of hardware that helps keep my shaving gear organized. Well built and looks good. 'Twas a smart purchase!

Walking Dead Season 3
Walking Dead Season 3
DVD
Price: $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh to be a zombie in springtime..., March 2, 2013
Love this show. It's much more about the human struggle than the zombie apocalypse, and that's what makes it so interesting.

Carhartt Men's CMS4100 4 Romeo Work Boot,Dark Brown Oil Tanned,10.5 M US
Carhartt Men's CMS4100 4 Romeo Work Boot,Dark Brown Oil Tanned,10.5 M US
Price: $99.99
14 used & new from $99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like them but..., November 21, 2012
These are great boots! Comfortable and convenient pull ons. My one gripe is that the pull loop in the back on the left boot broke in the first week I owned these. It's still attached at one end so is still semi-functional.

Standard Baking Co. Pastries
Standard Baking Co. Pastries
by Tara Smith
Price: $23.88
53 used & new from $15.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cookbook from a Great Bakery!, November 4, 2012
Standard Baking Co. in Portland Maine is one of a few premier bakeries on the New England coast. They are known for their wonderful bread and for the wide variety of high-end pastries they offer. As a resident of Portland, I can vouch for the quality and goodness of their products. I eat their bread daily, but my favorite items come from the pastry end of the business. The cork, caramel apple tartlette, the taralli, and fennel pepper crackers (among others!) are all included here. I can't wait to try my hand at some of these recipes!

The book itself is quite beautiful. There are many artfully done color photographs scattered throughout the text, and the binding and cover look and feel well done and sturdy. The recipes are clearly written in a step by step manner, and I feel they'd be easy to grasp for both the occasional and weekly baker (I'm somewhere in between). The recipes are grouped by type (ie., cookies, cakes, savory snacks, etc) and included are a number of "mother" recipes that can be used for recipes both within and without the cookbook. Also of interest are the philosophical statements by the authors in the foreword, as well as the commentary interspersed throughout the cookbook. It seems clear that the authors are passionate about their work, and that they want to share that passion with the rest of us!

So far, I've only attempted the molasses cookies, and they turned out great. As I mentioned, I'm looking forward to delving deeper over the winter months. I'm thinking this book will be off the shelf more than on for some time to come!

New Moon
New Moon
Price: $10.99
49 used & new from $3.41

5.0 out of 5 stars More Quiet Lovliness, June 11, 2007
This review is from: New Moon (Audio CD)
Not much to say aside from - Wonderful! I thought we had heard the last from Elliott with the excellent "Basement on the Hill." Happily, he left us a little more. If this is to be the end, then it is a worthy one.