Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for Erilar > Reviews

Browse

Erilar's Profile

Customer Reviews: 39

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Erilar RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
British Mystery Multipack Volume 3 - The Mysterious Affair At Styles, The Secret Agent, The Man Who Would Be King, A Christmas Tragedy and The Dead Secret (Illustrated + Essays and Audio)

3.0 out of 5 stars Multiple mysteries are a Good Thing!, July 23, 2016
I enjoy old mysteries, back well before the invention of things like cellphones and much modern forensic science, when mysteries were solved by following clues and using brains, so I like collections such as these. I find some much better than others, but the collection offers a variety.

The Island of Sheep
The Island of Sheep

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Hannay 8-), July 23, 2016
I enjoyed this, as I have other books by John Buchan. But brcause I have visited both the Orkneys and the Faroes, I particularly enjoyed the islands where the final "act" of the drama played out as the Faroes in disguise 8-)

The Man Who Knew
The Man Who Knew

2.0 out of 5 stars An author to avoid in future, May 23, 2016
This review is from: The Man Who Knew (Kindle Edition)
I thought this was a fairly interesting book as I read it, but it ended suddenly and with next to no real justification to the reader for that ending. I do not intend ever to read another book by this author.

The J.S. Fletcher Mystery Collection: 13 Classic Novels
The J.S. Fletcher Mystery Collection: 13 Classic Novels

4.0 out of 5 stars Authentic "historical mysteries", April 30, 2016
I've been a Fletcher fan for some time and was happy to find this collection that's mostly some I haven't found elsewhere. I like historical mysteries, but know too much about my favorite periods to put up with bad research or modern characters. Reading books WRITTEN at the time they "happen" obviouely avoids these problems. Another reason I like them is bqecause solving crimes back then demanded brains, not forensics labsq.

Alexandrian Saga (Books 1-3)
Alexandrian Saga (Books 1-3)
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Heroic Heron, January 13, 2016
I love this series more with each book I read in it. Heron and her friends just keep getting more capable and fascinating. And the inventions develop believably as well, all while the culture remains plausible. It's great historical fantasy 8-)

Fires of Alexandria (Alexandrian Saga Book 1)
Fires of Alexandria (Alexandrian Saga Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Heron's inventions, December 31, 2015
I enjoyed this book so much that I went hunting at Amazon to find more 8-). Heron, the workshop stalwarts, the mysterious educated barbarian, and the assorted villains are all interesting characters, and the action never stumbles.

The Orange-Yellow Diamond
The Orange-Yellow Diamond

4.0 out of 5 stars Murder and more, December 26, 2015
Another fascinating Fletcher mystery with an interesting and diverse set of characters and a really convoluted plot. Great fun 8-)

Ravensdene Court
Ravensdene Court

5.0 out of 5 stars Books and murder, December 25, 2015
This review is from: Ravensdene Court (Kindle Edition)
I've enjoyed Fletcher's books before, so I was not surprised to find myself soon engrossed by this one. I rather like old mysteries--written well in the past when they were contemporary, as compared to set in the past by modern writers. They give a real feel for the time they are set in, which is part of why I do enjoy them. This one doesn't start off at a headlong pace, but speeds up. There are also a variety of interesting characters besides the book expert who more or less accidentally becomes a detective.

Winter's Bite: A Clean Historical Mystery (The Isabella Rockwell Chronicles Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Meeting Isabella, December 25, 2015
I don't mind a book being unlikely if it pulls me into and along with the story, which this one did. In fact, I liked it and the "sneak preview" of the second book in the seeies that I had to go looking for it.

Fever Quest: A Clean Historical Mystery (The Isabella Rockwell Chronicles Book 2)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Traveling with Isabella, December 25, 2015
I read the first Isabella Rockwall book and enjoyed it enough to go looking for this one, which I read twice as fast, because it was even harder to put down. It's a great adventure 8-)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4