Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for R.C Green > Reviews

Browse

R.C Green's Profile

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R.C Green "Jada" RSS Feed (Midwest)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
New Life Spectrum Betta Formula 1mm Semi-Float Pet Food, 50gm
New Life Spectrum Betta Formula 1mm Semi-Float Pet Food, 50gm
Offered by Deal4K
Price: $11.58
5 used & new from $4.88

2.0 out of 5 stars Toys and Games not selling food pictured Pellets are huge in comparison & not suitable for smaller fish, November 22, 2013
If you buy from Toys and Games the formula you will receive is not the one pictured. Apparently there is a regular formula and a high concentration formula. Toys and Games is selling the high concentration formula. This is ok if you have larger bettas who eat fast (because it sinks) and they have bigger mouths. The high concentration has bigger pellets that swell up so you will want to feed less to avoid SBD. Otherwise I suggest making sure you get the regular formula as pictured. The pellets are tiny and accommodating of most bettas and they float you can feed about 6-7 pellets at a time. There is less waste because they eat it all. My bettas don't seem to like this food as well-that is the ones that can actually fit it in their mouths. It was really inconvenient to get the wrong food because some of my bettas are very small and young and can't eat it. Fortunately, I have some other food around to hold me over. I am going to see the company or Amazon will make this write and follow up on this review.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great aquarium light if you have a glass top, May 19, 2013
Aquarium lights can be very expensive. I have many bettas in 5 gallon tanks which cannot be kept in the same tank. I bought one to test it out and even with frosted plexiglass tops the light provides bright light. I have a multiple connector, a USB extension cord (.99) and plug that holds USB ports and plugs into the wall that will power all of my lights. I wil have to unplug the cord at night to turn them off but that isn't a big deal. Hopefully they will last awhile- even on a short term basis that it was cheaper than buying multiple aquarium lights.

BTW-I tried to buy my next quanity of lights from a USA seller and was disappointed. The heads fell of the lights straight out of the package.The trim shown was missing. Both are made in China anyway. So I would just ahead and wait a little longer and buy them from overseas. It's a shame I wanted some of the dollars to go to a USA business and I am really disappointed. This light is better quality.

Super Bright 3W 2 Mode 48 LED Clip Aquarium Lights Flexible Fish Tank Clamp Clip Lamp With Touchable Inductive Switch(Blue&White LEDs)-White 1 Pack

3.0 out of 5 stars Clamp is too small to go over plastic on top of aquarium-Cord is short, March 13, 2013
This is a decent lamp that provide a good amount of light when it's perched above the aquarium as it should be. However, the clamp is too small to go over the plastic part. For now I will just lay it on top (which minimizes the amount of light provided). I guess I will cut the plastic edge so that it will go over it (there is tiny ledge that sticks out). Another reviewer mentions an issue with size of the clamp but I assumed it was too big which I figured I could just put something on one side of the clamp to fill in the gap.

The other minus is that the cord is really short it might be 30 to 36 inches. Either way it's not long enough to reach the floor where my surge suppressor is. You will like the amount of light it provides used as intended if you have a typical aquarium with just a few plants and decorations. However, if you have a heavily planted aquarium it might not be bright enough. The light instructions say that it is suitable for for plant life. The box also shows the light being used a on a aquarium with no plastic just glass which a majority of people don't buy.

PC Computer Cartoon Tiger Style Hand Warmer USB Mouse Pad Brown
PC Computer Cartoon Tiger Style Hand Warmer USB Mouse Pad Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars Not warm enough, overloaded my computer, and quit working, February 19, 2013
It also smells like chemicals. The "warmer" is this little square a little bigger than a playing card with a bunch of wires. There is no hole to put a mouse through. It's just mitt. My computer warned me to uplug it before it caused damage.

Vitamin Dispenser - 6 Sections
Vitamin Dispenser - 6 Sections
Offered by GroupMedShop
Price: $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product! Lid is hard to turn but I figured a way to make it a cinch!, February 19, 2013
I bought this for my cat medications. I have elderly cats with an assortment of problems and pills to take. There's exactly enough compartments for all the pills. I like my pill bottles in sight and I have limited cabinet space. The bottles were always getting knocked over and looked cluttered. As some reviewers have mentioned the lid to this bottle is hard to turn and get off. I used a miniscule amount of organic cocoa butter to barely "wet" my finger and rubbed my fingers together so they just looked shiny. I oiled the lip of the bottle and the interior edge of the lid (these parts won't touch your pills). It's sooo easy to turn now. If you are weak handed or have arthritis you might need help getting the lid open but once you get it oiled it will be easy. I suppose you could use any food oil but it tends to get rancid so I would stick with cocoa butter, lip balm or something like that. I am going to buy another one of these for my vitamins. This bottle is larger than the picture makes it appear which was a plus. Plenty of room.

Rothco Lightweight Balaclava, Sand
Rothco Lightweight Balaclava, Sand
Offered by BIGFLY
Price: $6.44
9 used & new from $3.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Face opening small not ideal if you have glasses, February 17, 2013
Item seems too thin to keep you warm. It's thin polyester material that is silky. So it won't be scratchy. I don't have a very large face but the opening ends up below my nose and is not all acommodating for my glasses. It was inexpensive so not that big a loss.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought to to protect couch/chaise cushions from pets, October 17, 2012

The pad is thick and its the perfect size for an average chaise (I measured first) If your main objective is just to cover your couch cushions that you sit from fur and other accidents this is ideal. There is another pad on Amazon that is 35X80 if you want one for a couch.

This is a bit cheaper and definitely better quality than other pet couch covers I have seen that are not waterproof. With it being tucked in along the rear cushion of the chaise it has stayed put. The cats don't dig or try to move around the pad. I do feel it would be fine for a smaller dog or low weight dog that does not dig up bedding.

We have not had had the pad tested so far by an accident but I feel pretty comfortable that this will do the job. I was hoping the blue side would be the side you could face up since my couch is blue but that is the waterproof side. I will probably dye the cotton part blue to better match the couch or make a duvet cover for it. I suppose you could do the same if the white bothers you.

Reusable / Washable waterproof bed pad 35 x 80
Reusable / Washable waterproof bed pad 35 x 80
Offered by BH MedWear
Price: $25.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought to to protect couch from pets, October 17, 2012
(We bought this to protect our new couch from our elderly cats potential accidents and to prevent fur from sticking to the fabric of the couch.)

The pad is thick and its the perfect size for an average couch (I measured first) If your main objective is just to cover your couch cushions that you sit from fur and other accidents this is ideal. This is a bit cheaper and definitely better quality than other pet couch covers I have seen that are not waterproof.

With it being tucked in along the rear and along the sides of the cushion along the arms it took two weeks for us humans to dislodge the pad to where I have to straighten it. The cats don't dig or try to move around the pad. I do feel it would be fine for a smaller dog or low weight dog that does not dig up bedding.

We have not had had the pad tested so far but I feel pretty comfortable that this will do the job especially since I have another twin quilt folded on top it. I was hoping the blue side would be the side you could face up since my couch is blue but that is the waterproof side. I was not planning to use both the quilt and the waterproof pad. I may dye the cotton part blue to better match the couch. I have used similar products like this before for elderly cats I've had that had in the past and found them to be useful (on the bed) but they were too small for this purpose.

Latin & Caribbean Grocery Stores Demystified: A food lover's guide to the best ingredients in the traditional foods of Mexico, Peru, Chile, Argentina, ... Rico, & Jamaica (Take It with You Guides)
by Linda Bladholm
52 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Thorough and easy to read, October 14, 2012
A very nice guide to have with you that is divided up in an easy to read sensible way. It covers not just the food but some of the differences in foods of the cuisine of different countries.

Regalo Easy Step Extra Tall Walk Thru Gate, White
Regalo Easy Step Extra Tall Walk Thru Gate, White
Price: $34.73
37 used & new from $28.48

1.0 out of 5 stars Not effective for cats-potentially dangerous for them Gate can be Jumped/slid thru and also fall with pet tangled up in it!, October 9, 2012
****ADDED NOTE: There is one star review that states a toddler fell along with this gate so this is not just an issue that might affect small pets!

I opted to test this while I was around to observe my cats to be sure it would keep them separated. They don't all get along and this was to be a way get them more used to each other.

My first testers name is Milo. Milo is a very large at least 12 lbs (tall and long with just slight extra girth) He is clever cat. He was dumped outside to fend for himself for a long time in an area around fields and a shopping center. He is one the of the rare survivors most cats starve to death when dumped like this. He was certainly a housecat previously and has returned to that life with us.

However, as a result of having to survive on his own he is a strategist. If he cannot get what he wants he sits and stares at the subject of his interest (usually food) and plots and tries multiple ways until he succeeds. He is a thinker. Milo stared at the gate for about 6 minutes and jumped clamped his front paws on the top of the gate, pulled the rest of his body up and cleared it. This is even with the gate positioned at the top of stair well he was sitting on a step below the gate.

We made an adjustment. Again he tried to clear it and I was really worried he was going hurt himself (he had a little trouble clambering up) and the gate would collapse and go flying with the cat down the steps. Even so I was still considering keeping it and putting a clamp on pet gate I have above it to keep him from jumping over it.

We had not yet put up the cups they enclose on to the wall. I wanted to be able to move the gate to different doorways. This is not a good idea leave off for humans or pets and this is why:

I put another cat (Onree) behind the gate tonight. She has medium head and her shoulders are narrower than her rear end. We sometimes refer to her the sausage cat as she is a bit sausage shaped. She is a little overweight for her stature. She is about 10 lbs. I really didn't think with her weight she could get through. However, she tried to force herself through she made it most of the way (I was in the room but my back was turned at the time) The gate collapsed on her she was twisted in it and terrified. Fortunately, she did not go down the steps. I ran to free her. I was sure she was going to break her back or something. She managed to slide the rest of the way through and run away. She seems ok but the gate is going back.

Bottom line is I think most cats with the desire to will eventually find a way through this gate. Hopefully no harm will come to them in the process. I don't suggest buying this gate for small animals. It's possible for them to jump it or slide through.

If you do buy it be sure to install the wall cups to help hold it in place to help make it safer and prevent collapse. I am pretty sure any dog, cat or small human without the wall cups could possibly cause this gate to collapse and fall with just a little force or weight. So if you have a heavy toddler that falls forward on to this gate I am pretty sure the gate would fall with the baby if it's at the top of some steps if my little cat was able to make it collapse.

I'd keep looking if I were you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4