Profile for M. Ennis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 39

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Ennis "yaicha" RSS Feed (saugerties, ny)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Detachable Safe Collar
Detachable Safe Collar
Offered by Gatzies
Price: $13.98
5 used & new from $6.13

5.0 out of 5 stars best i have found yet, October 25, 2014
This review is from: Detachable Safe Collar (Misc.)
Have been using these 2 months now every night. The problem with other lights I have tried is that they either quickly detach as my dog runs in the woods or they dangle low and thus do not provide good visibility for where she is at. These lights velcro on easily to any size collar and stay put. I put them on the back and sides of the collar so she can be seen from any angle. In addition, the light is bright. You can adjust it to blinking or just steady on. The batteries are replaceable- but I haven't needed to do that yet. and as I said before ... they stay on and don't come off. One reviewer had trouble with the on/off thing, but its easy as you just push the unit once for blinking fast, twice for slow blink, and three times for steady on. The fourth push turns them off. You dont need to take them off the collar to turn them off. I really like these lights and will get some for friends' dogs for christmas.

Vagabond VIZBIG Edition, Vol. 11
Vagabond VIZBIG Edition, Vol. 11
by Takehiko Inoue
Price: $16.37
40 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as always, October 23, 2014
Takehiko Inoue is just a fantastic writer. He really delves into the mind of what it means to live by the sword, and he does not forget ethics of the heart. He explores the good and the bad of such intense devotion and there is never a dull moment. This particular issue was beyond excellent, but if you've read all the volumes up to 11, you already know how excellent this manga is.

Tretorn Skerry Rain Boot
Tretorn Skerry Rain Boot
Price: $31.99 - $79.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Loved them for 6 months. Then they began to leak., October 23, 2014
This review is from: Tretorn Skerry Rain Boot (Shoes)
I got these for $30. I saw they were now being outsourced to China, so figured the quality would not be as good as they used to be, but still wanted them as I prefer a flat boot with no heel. And, sadly I was more correct than I wanted to be. :( For $30 I expect to get a couple of years out of them since I only wear them on very rainy days from the barn to the house or the house to the car. That's it. and yet, the other day my feel got soaked. Upon close inspection it seems the plastic/rubber has cracked tiny cracks all over! Not even in places where the boot bends but even up at the top. I have tried repairing the cracks with shoe goo, but its not working. They are a nice looking boot. and they feel good even with barefeet. But, nonetheless, they are China crap and dont last even a year with light use. I am very disappointed.

Lenovo A2107 7-Inch Tablet
Lenovo A2107 7-Inch Tablet
Offered by LR Industries Inc
Price: $149.99
22 used & new from $58.90

2.0 out of 5 stars nice tablet but it wont last, August 2, 2014
I liked the feel and weight of this lenovo. But, as other reviewers have pointed out, it has so much bloatware on it, you cant put what you want on it. The bloatware cannot be removed. So I was able to put 3 games on the lenovo. That was it. The charger that came with the tablet had an end on it that was just a little too big- so if you didnt hold the end just right, it would stop charging. Also, just one month over the one year warranty it started giving me a "battery overheating" warning and then it would almost instantaneously shut down, causing me to lose whatever I was doing at the time. I took it back to best buy, but no luck there and no luck with the company. Its only warrantied for one year, and that is all you will get for your money. Also, if you do a search, you will see that the "battery overheating" issue is very common with this tablet.

Ideal Pet Products 7.25-by-13-Inch Medium Ruff-Weather Pet Door with Telescoping Frame
Price: $77.48
17 used & new from $72.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Year 3 and it still works great!, June 14, 2014
I needed a dog door that would let my cats and the dog out, and not let the below zero winter weather in. This door fit the bill. It was totally worth the extra money. Why do I love this dog door? 1) the flaps are soft, which protects kitties from getting injured should they do a sudden back up when half way through the door. 2) As promised by the manufacturer, the flaps have not yellowed. They are still clear. This not only looks nicer, but also decreases the cats and dog shoving their head thru to look outside- (holding the flaps open and letting in the cold). They can just look thru it without having to open the flaps. 3) Even when the wind is howling, I do not have a problem with rain or wind getting in. The two flaps work awesome and hold well. 4) I expected full well by now to have to replace the flaps. But I dont! They are in fabulous condition. 5)It has a solid door cover that I can slide on when I dont want the cats and dog getting out. I have never had a better dog door ever. This one rocks.

Meaningful Coincidence: Remarkable True Stories of Synchronicity and the Search for Answers
by Jan Cederquist
55 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Didnt like it, June 14, 2014
I love reading books about "coincidences" and synchronicity. A friend had read this book and thought I would like it. So, I bought it. Ugh. Waste of money. This is just a book written by some rich guy blabbing about his life. I especially liked the chapter where him and his wife go to IKEA and buy $4,000 worth of crap for their summer house only to discover that IKEA doesnt take their type of credit card! To make matters worse, a person who they are certain is wanting to rob and murder them is standing right behind them in the check out line!! Spoiler alert: He's a migrant worker (yeah those guys do look frightening to rich people) and he helps them out. Ooooo amazing synchronicity?

Shop-Vac 2012500 2.0-Peak Horsepower Hang On Wet/Dry Vacuum, 1.5-Gallon
Shop-Vac 2012500 2.0-Peak Horsepower Hang On Wet/Dry Vacuum, 1.5-Gallon
Offered by Collectable Racing Books
Price: $59.99
3 used & new from $27.00

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 yrs old and still awesome, March 10, 2014
I bought this three years ago because I moved into a one room cabin and needed a vacuum for the cabin and a shop vac for the shop- figured this could function as both. And it does! Yeah, its loud, but not like a full sized shop vac. Plus its very powerful for its size and sucks up everything in sight. Its easy to carry and works like a charm every time. I have the cat and dog tracking in sand and dirt and the cat sheds alot. No problem for this baby. And its equally excellent at sucking up bits of cement, wood shavings and what have you. I use it at least once a week, often more than that, but by keeping the filters clean she's every bit as powerful after three years as she was new. Love this lil shop vac!!

The Man Who Quit Money
The Man Who Quit Money
by Mark Sundeen
Price: $10.68
198 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Daniel Suelo walks the walk, December 3, 2013
This review is from: The Man Who Quit Money (Paperback)
I found this book to be both a good read and quite thought provoking. It inspired me to reconsider my own life choices and my own values. To me, Daniel Suelo is like a modern day St Francis. Agree with him or not, he at least is 100% faithful to his heart.

The Sound of Insects
The Sound of Insects
DVD ~ Peter Mettler
Price: $18.94
7 used & new from $13.42

5.0 out of 5 stars A unique experience of the death process., December 3, 2013
This review is from: The Sound of Insects (DVD)
"The Sound of Insects" is an experiential film. It is very visceral... just the reading of an unidentified man's daily entries into his journal as he chronicles his slow suicide. And it is a slow death, slower than suicider thought it would be. From everything I've read this is the actual diary entries the man wrote. Anyway, I found it fascinating.

Parade's End Season 1
Parade's End Season 1
DVD
Price: $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., October 27, 2013
The review by K. Harris really says it all. I cannot give a better review. But I will say I loved this version of Parade's End. It gripped my heart with the emotional play between characters. Brilliant plot, awesome acting. Loved it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4