Profile for Ilana > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 165

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ilana "K" RSS Feed (Brooklyn, NY United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site
Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site
by Tom Lichtenheld
Price: $11.10
144 used & new from $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, July 3, 2014
Unbelievably cute story and lovely illustrations.

I love how the text rhymes, and it is still quite thoughtful and sound.

Diono Buggy Buddy Stroller Organizer, Black
Diono Buggy Buddy Stroller Organizer, Black
Offered by JustKidsStore
Price: $10.99
12 used & new from $8.00

3.0 out of 5 stars It is really just okay, July 3, 2014
I was excite to get this product and still am, but it certainly wasn't all that I expected. I did not notice any horrifying smell as other stated- nothing more horrific than typical junk everyone buys from China. Ooops- this one is from China too, so there should be no surprise there IF your buggy ended up smelling.

I find the main part of buggy organizer pretty well made and sturdy- the wire around the top gives it a nice finish. Red thread and sign looks good- almost gives it a reasonably expensive look. My issue with this product and the main reason why it received 3 out of 5 starts, are straps. The threading from those come off- almost as if it needed a stitch around versus just through and through. Also, these straps obviously wont help you if your stroller has a handle that is at an angle. I have Mamas and Papas Armadillo stroller and the handle is at an angle and its not adjustable. That is not buggy design's fault, but even if the handle was perfectly perpendicular to the ground, the straps seem to be too flimsy to give this organizer a somewhat sturdier placement. It just sort of dangles and looks out of place.

Die Kleine Raupe Nimmersatt/ the Very Hungry Caterpillar (German Edition)
Die Kleine Raupe Nimmersatt/ the Very Hungry Caterpillar (German Edition)
by Eric Carle
Price: $17.26
42 used & new from $7.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable book....such a cute story, June 27, 2014
Our baby likes to overeat and then spit up quite a bit.....so when I was going through baby books in German, I stumbled over this cute story. That hungry caterpillar reminds us of our 4 month munchkin spitter. LOL

HALO 100% Cotton Muslin Sleepsack Swaddle, Giraffe Plaid, Small
HALO 100% Cotton Muslin Sleepsack Swaddle, Giraffe Plaid, Small
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny tiny better than Summer Infant Swaddleme Muslin Sack, June 27, 2014
This product is light and breathable. The velcro part is kind of chunky and there is a lot of it, but if baby is not too sensitive to pulling off sound, you should be fine. The velcro reaches pretty far, so there is no shortage for adjustment. I have a 4 month old 15 lbs baby and he fits perfectly in it. We learned how to transition out of swaddle using this product. Rotating which arm comes out each day, then both with swaddle under armpits, and then I cut off the velcro swaddle flap all together. Now I use it as a simple sleep sack.

Once of the reasons why I am happier with this product than with a sleepsack from Summer Swaddleme, is because the zipper pull goes down, so you have to get zipper in from top and pull to the bottom. It is definitely well thought out detail, because it eliminats a possibility of baby sucking or biting on a metal zipper pull.

Summer Infant Swaddleme Muslin Sack, Busy Bees
Summer Infant Swaddleme Muslin Sack, Busy Bees
Price: $19.00
3 used & new from $19.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely sack, June 27, 2014
I love this swaddleme blanket; it is kind of hard to rate this type of simple product. It is nice and thin- perfect for summer! I still put the baby in a short sleeve onesie, because we are running an AC, but it is light enough to be worry free- you won't cook your baby. Muslin is a highly breathable material, so I definitely recommend for those muggy days.

The ONLY reason why I gave this item 4 out of 5 starts, because zipper goes up and that zipper puller is in baby's face/chin/neck. That is just too bad. Why not just have it zip down? Eghhhhh

Mamas & Papas UPF Stroller Sunshield & Insect Net (Universal)
Mamas & Papas UPF Stroller Sunshield & Insect Net (Universal)
Offered by Kidsland
Price: $49.99
7 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Armadillo stroller, June 27, 2014
I find this a very good product. It works quite well. I just keep it on a stroller and do not even take it off. it comes with bands at sides and a snap clip, but i use only snap clip/button on either sides. It sticks very well. I think there is room to play with and it could possibly fit okay the lady that complained in one of the other reviews. It definitely does not slide off Armadillo stroller. If you set it up just like the picture shows, it will work. As far as a mosquito net- I haven't used it yet, but i tried pulling it down to see how it work- perfect! Also, since I am not using the netting, it cannot be taken off, so it is simply tucked in between canopy and UPF liner. I think this is a great product. As low as the visor/shield reaches, is perfect to early evening low sun.

BABYBJORN BabySitter Wooden Toy
BABYBJORN BabySitter Wooden Toy
Price: $44.73
11 used & new from $41.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy but some flaws exist, June 10, 2014
My 3.5 month old baby does not have the coordination to use his hands gently, so when this toy is positioned on the chair, he smacks his hands over it. The toy is made out of solid wood with some plastic parts, so i am sure it hurts him. He does not cry or seem to mind, but I would have had a piece of mind if it was made out of a less solid/hard material.

Also, the positioning of the toy feels a bit funny. Even when the chair is its highest position, my baby is still half way leaned away from the toy. It is a bit hard for him to see the toy, even if I have it set pretty high right under the harness strap. He would tilt his head forward, but his head is too heavy for him to do that just yet, and the double chin is in a way too (LOL).

Otherwise, the toy is some entertainment for him while he is chilling in the chair, so overall, it is worth the purchase.

Mother Goose: Joan Walsh Anglund's Pop-Up
Mother Goose: Joan Walsh Anglund's Pop-Up
by Joan Walsh Anglund
Edition: Pop-Up
43 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely baby book, June 10, 2014
My 3.5 month old was fascinated by each page and of course the pop-up. This is a nice book, and the rhyming text is cute too.

Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat and Base, Sedona
Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat and Base, Sedona
Price: $189.99
7 used & new from $170.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps is it a safety feature..., June 2, 2014
but the main reason why I began hating this seat is because my baby is slouched, always overheats in it, an the hood is absolutely retarded. Granted, most newborns and young infants are okay in these car seats when the car moves or a stroller is being constantly pushed, BUT in my experience the minute that stops, now especially when he is 3 month old and more conscious about what he likes and disliked, all hell breaks loose.

I thought perhaps it is a safety feature of some sort to have a baby crunched in the seat, but I cannot necessarily confirm. Regardless, baby's feet and knees are higher than his ears and he looks super awkward in it. The butt pillow had to go once we reached 10-11 lbs, so that made things a bit better. I tried removing head pillow cushioning too, because even to the highest adjusted setting it seems to be squeezing his shoulders and not just head. So once removed, he wasn't comfortable either. In general, our baby is very calm, but here with pillow and without gets him all upset. The makers must have never considered that the car ride can last longer than 2-3 hours and/or with availability of all these adapters and stroller bases, customer may want to use it as an everyday stroller piece. My baby and I suffered enough, so this is going to remain in the car for good and will never be used as a stroller piece again.

Another MAJOR fault of this is the fact that the hood itself does not give much protection from the sun. Keyfit 30, means that this seat would be used for newborns and young infants, thus, sun protection is crucial. This hood/canopy does not reach past 90 degrees. An extra extension visor is useless, because again, it wont add much to a barely 90 degree angled hood. Some may like the fact that it is one of those "follow the sunlight" type of hood, but that feature is faulty. When it is a bit windy and you decide to move the hood to the front or back, baby's head is exposed and therefore may be exposed to through wind and rays that can reach baby's back of the head. Anyway, why not make it just a bit longer so it can reach lower- I believe a friend of mine have Graco car seat and that one has a full blown hood with a plastic see-through window.

Another things that i was not too happy about is the actual arm handle. Sometimes it gets stuck. I would press both orange safety buttons to unlatch it to upright position and sometimes would have to curse because it needs some yanking movements. Frustrating....

If I have to say anything about this carseat that is somewhat positive- it is made well when it comes to material sturdiness and fits well to stroller base as well as the car base.....at least the Chicco one's. Overall, if you have to get one of these, do so, but make sure you do not assume that this will replace a stroller for everyday use. Leave it just for car rides.

Rsvp Bx 50 Bio Bags
Rsvp Bx 50 Bio Bags
Offered by Deerso
Price: $13.00
26 used & new from $11.50

5.0 out of 5 stars NOTHING is wrong with these bags, May 28, 2014
This review is from: Rsvp Bx 50 Bio Bags
Like any bio degradable product, these bags are meant to be in tact only for a specific time frame. If they were sturdy and resilient, they wouldn't have not have been truly bio.

Having said that, be careful ripping them apart. Treat them gently. Do not overfill. I submitted a picture to this product to show how much a bag can hold. What you see on the pic is pulp from vegetable and fruit that yealded two 10 oz cups of juice. I did not weight, but next time I will. (I will make sure to post an update) There were also other scraps, but regardless, it was quite a heavy load. I agree with some other customers, you may want to crumble a piece of paper or bounty if you want some moisture absorbed. That can help contain compost mixture in case a rip happens due to sharper scrap causing puncture.

Again, these bags are not the same as regular plastic bags, nor they should be. Have fair expectations.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17