Profile for J. York > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 620

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. York RSS Feed (Cypress, TX United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Classic Brands Defend-A-Bed Ultimate Extra Plush Double Thick Bamboo-Rayon Fitted Waterproof Mattress Topper, Queen Size
Offered by Classic Mattress
Price: $89.00
2 used & new from $86.00

4.0 out of 5 stars great comfort + mattress protection, April 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This mattress topper gives you a healthy pad of extra cushion while completely protecting your mattress from moisture.

The fit on my very deep pillow top queen mattress was perfect. Even though my mattress is already deep, this cover had more than enough side material to go even quite a bit deeper. I'm think you'll be hard pressed to find a mattress too big for this. I appreciate that they didn't skimp on the top area- it generously covers the entire horizontal surface of the bed, unlike some that are an inch short on each side.

The top pad is fluffy and supportive and makes my mattress even more comfortable but also a bit noisy. When laying my head against the topper, I hear soft crunching sounds wherever I press. The 100% cotton topper that was previously on this mattress didn't make any noise and I found the crunching noise from this one a little distracting when trying to sleep.

Just to check their waterproof claims, I poured 8 ounces of water directly onto the topper. It immediately soaked into the fluffy top coating but not a single drop made it through to the mattress underneath. It is indeed waterproof and will provide great protection for your mattress.

Overall, this is a great topper. If you need a moisture barrier to protect your mattress, I think you'll be very happy with this. I complained about the noise, but it really isn't that loud and I only hear it when I put my head up against the topper. Most people will never hear it.

OCZ Storage Solutions Vertex 460A Series 240GB 2.5-Inch 7mm SATA III Ultra-Slim Solid State Drive with Toshiba A19nm NAND VTX460A-25SAT3-240G
Price: $114.29
15 used & new from $105.00

5.0 out of 5 stars reliable and blazing fast, April 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you have a classic hard drive, the OCZ 460A is an excellent way to dramatically improve the performance of your computer.

I'm using this Windows 7 and it works great. I've used other OCZ products in an older MacBook Pro and saw similarly excellent results.

Being 7mm thin, this drive is small enough to fit into almost any computer that uses 2.5" drives. OCZ includes a carrier that can be used to mount this SSD into a 3.5" drive bay found in devices besides laptops.

If you want to migrate your existing computer hard drive as-is, you can use the included Acronis True Image HD software. I've used it and it works fine. That said, if you have the skill set, I think you'll be happier doing a clean install of your operating system onto the OCZ SSD and then restoring your files from backup. I've done both and prefer the clean install approach as it gives me a chance to "clean house" on my computer.

As for reliability, I'm currently using several SSD drives in my daily life and I've yet to have one fail on me over the last 3 years. The same cannot be said for regular HDs; everything I've seen tells me that SSDs are proving more reliable over the long haul. Also, I have another OCZ SSD (the OCZ Vertex 460) and it's working great a year after I put it into service.

My only reservation would be the size of this drive. At 240GB, it is on the smaller side of what I think is usable for a newly purchased drive.

Home Street Home: Original Songs From Shit Musical
Home Street Home: Original Songs From Shit Musical
Price: $11.99
44 used & new from $6.88

5.0 out of 5 stars a nice change for NOFX, April 22, 2015
If you like NOFX, you'll like this. Think of it as distinctly NOFX in sound, but with a bunch of singers you haven't heard before (and some that you have). I've enjoyed it and I hope they do more of these in the future as it is a nice change.

Carson® 5x MiniBrite LED Lighted Slide-Out Aspheric Magnifier with Protective Sleeve (PO-55)
Price: $9.97
31 used & new from $7.89

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent pocket magnifier, April 22, 2015
This works very well. I like that it slides shut so that the plastic optics are protected when you're not using it. I throw it in a drawer and don't worry. The built-in light is really handy and makes all the difference.

It takes three AAA batteries, which seems excessive for a single LED bulb.

Backstage Passport Soundtrack
Backstage Passport Soundtrack
Price: $12.19
52 used & new from $8.25

5.0 out of 5 stars great NOFX, April 22, 2015
Another great album from NOFX. If you like NOFX, you'll like this a lot. There are some songs you probably already own, but there are some great new songs too.

Remington XF8550 Smartedge Advanced Foil Shaver, Blue
Remington XF8550 Smartedge Advanced Foil Shaver, Blue
Price: $99.99
4 used & new from $94.50

4.0 out of 5 stars lithium-ion battery + wet mode make this the best foil shaver, April 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Being able to use this wet makes this the best foil shaver I've ever used. Past Remingtons that I've used would never glide well over my face and neck but with shaving cream or soap, this one does great.

The lithium-ion battery is a major improvement over the NiCad battery in my old shaver. It holds a charge for a long time and can easily shave me every day of the week without needing charging. I like that it automatically can fast-charge the first part of the battery so that if you're completely depleted, about 5 minutes of charge time gets you enough juice to shave. That way you're not out of luck if you run out of battery.

As with past foil shavers, the shave is visibly clean, but not smooth to the touch. You'll look freshly shaven but if you rub your hands on your face, you can still feel the very short stubble. A razor will give closer shave.

So far I've been using this in the shower and I'm happy with it. It doesn't take much fuss and it's easy to rinse out after each use.

Werther's Original Soft Caramels, 4.51 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Werther's Original Soft Caramels, 4.51 Ounce (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars like the original but much softer, April 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are a great version of the classic Werther's caramel. The taste is almost identical yet they are quite soft and won't send us older folks to the endodontist. Werther's have always been my favorite caramel treats (versus Brachs and Kraft) and these are just as good as the originals.

I'm not sure if it was the delivery in the mail, but most of mine were squashed flat. Something to think about versus buying in the store.

Madd Capp Checkers Dog Lovers Edition
Madd Capp Checkers Dog Lovers Edition
Price: $19.99
13 used & new from $19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars fun game, madd capp adds a nice twist, April 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This game is multi-purpose in that you can play it like the regular checkers that you grew up with or you can play with the new madd capp rules to add a huge element of unpredictability.

The board is large and very sturdy. Because it folds four ways instead of two, it stores compactly but also can be a little less stable when you're playing. Still, it works just fine as long as you're playing on the floor or a table.

The madd capp dice can really alter a game in unexpected ways. For example, one game I played I was well ahead thanks to all of the extra moves that I had gotten. I had four pieces and my opponent only had one left. It was my move but suddenly the madd capp dice made me move his piece three times while I wasn't allowed to move any of mine. Suddenly he had a king and the game evened out a bunch. I still won, but it wasn't automatic like it would have been without the madd capp dice.

I like that you can play it both ways. Some people want the checkers they grew up with, and this works great for that. But if you want some zest, you've got that too. Fun game.

Nikon - 58mm Filter NC
Nikon - 58mm Filter NC
Offered by Adorama Camera
Price: $34.95
7 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for Nikon 50mm, April 2, 2015
This is a perfect fit on my Nikon F1.4G 50mm lens. This gives additional protection so that water and dirt and other contaminants don't make contact with the polished lens surface.

As always, I love that this has outer rings so that I can can also screw my circular polarizer on top of this filter for easy back-and-forth when I go indoors and outdoors.

Resmed Tubing Wrap #33963 for 6' Standard CPAP Supply Line
Resmed Tubing Wrap #33963 for 6' Standard CPAP Supply Line
Offered by Health Store and More
Price: $11.95
2 used & new from $11.95

4.0 out of 5 stars nice but slides around a bit, April 2, 2015
This is a nice tubing cover and keeps the grooves in my ClimateLine tubing from catching on things as I roll around at night. I'm very happy with the zipper-size and the way that the cover folds back over the zipper end so that you don't have any metal or uncomfortable material touching your skin at any time.

The only thing that I wish was different was the type of material. This material is very slippery and doesn't have enough friction to hold my tubing in place on my bed. This leads to extra tension on my mask depending on how I roll around and where my tubing is. With a cotton wrap I used in the past, the extra friction of the cotton material did a better job keeping things from sliding around.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20