Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for J. York > Reviews

Browse

J. York's Profile

Customer Reviews: 670
Top Reviewer Ranking: 908

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. York RSS Feed (Cypress, TX United States)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DII Bone Dry Very Warm, Silky Soft, Morrocan Paw Print Pet Blanket For Couch, Car, Trunk, Cage, Kennel, Or Dog House, 50x60", Blue
Price: $28.99

4.0 out of 5 stars durable and soft, slides around a lot, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very soft doggy blanket that both of my dogs took to immediately. The size is good for covering a dog crate for a medium sized dog. We throw it on the couch to cover a corner that the dogs like to sleep on.

For a larger dog (50 pounds or more), I'd probably buy a couple of these because they aren't very thick and thus can't provide the best protection.

So far this blanket seems durable and has held up well to lots of use. Even though it's thin, the dogs haven't torn it or stressed it by walking on it. It doesn't seem to be showing any wear.

This blanket is silky soft and because of that it slides around a lot on pretty much any surface. We keep this on a leather couch so that our dogs don't damage the leather and whenever they walk around it gets moved out of place. I think that a heavier blanket would be better at staying place. Or a blanket that isn't quite as soft so it will stay put better.

Overall I'm happy with this. It is nice looking and inexpensive. It seems to clean well and seems like it will last a long time. If it was a bit thicker and didn't slide around as much, I'd give it 5 stars.

Cuisinart Oven Mitt with Non-Slip Silicone Grip, Heat Resistant to 500° F, Green, 2-Pack
Price: $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars too small for average male hands, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These gloves are simply too small for my hands and even my wife complains that they are too tight for her average-sized female hands.

Other than being too small, the gloves are nice looking and have thick material to keep you insulated from hot pans or the sides of your oven. The silicone part is only where you grab a hot dish and it is much thinner than the silicone insulation on other gloves that I have. Because there is a decent padding of material underneath, the thin silicone still helps keep your hands from getting too hot when handling a hot dish. The thin silicone may actually be helpful because it gives you quite a bit of flexibility to grip a round object like a pot handle or a flat object like a baking sheet.

I would have given these 4-stars if I could squeeze my hands into them but given these seem to be a one-size-fits-all design, I'd expect my average-sized male hands to fit comfortable.

Ortho B Gon MAX Plus Crabgrass Control RTU Trigger Weed Killer
Ortho B Gon MAX Plus Crabgrass Control RTU Trigger Weed Killer
Price: $11.99
3 used & new from $11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars keyword is apparently "control" (not kill), April 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've sprayed this on crabgrass and it did not kill it. Maybe that is why they call it crabgrass "control". The crabgrass did change color a bit and get some small brown spots, and it did seem to stop growing. But it definitely didn't die. I gave it a second spraying a week later and the jury is still out on whether that will be enough to kill it.

I haven't seen any impact on the surrounding grass but I also was somewhat careful to focus my spray strictly on the crabgrass.,

This packaging format works well, you get the jug of chemical with an easy carry handle and a pistol pump sprayer with a good amount of plastic hose so that you can easily hold the jug in one hand and the pistol sprayer in the other.

Sabatier Olive Wood Basting Brush, 12"
Sabatier Olive Wood Basting Brush, 12"
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars no more bristles in my food, April 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This baster works really well though I wish the handle was about 6" longer so that I could use it on the grill. I prefer this silicone basters to typical bristle-basters because bristles always seem to break off into my food at inopportune times. The silicone bristles are very fine but also seem quite sturdy. I gave them a hard tug and none of them pulled out or broke.

Back to my comment about grilling. This baster is 12" long and works fine if you're over the stove, but if you want to use this on the grill, look elsewhere. The reach is not long enough to avoid heat hitting your hands while basting. I suppose you could use a silicone mitt to hold this and then you could use this for grilling, but otherwise, stick with using this only over the stove top.

Weiman Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, 12 fl oz
Weiman Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, 12 fl oz
Price: $6.60
28 used & new from $3.91

4.0 out of 5 stars gets the job done, April 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used this on my light tan Hartmann briefcase and it's done a pretty good job of removing years of grime and bringing the color almost back to the original tan.

I tested this on the underside of the briefcase and it didn't cause any problems so I proceeded to do more. I simply sprayed this on a microfiber rag and then gently worked it into the leather. After each pass, the rag would come back dark brown and the briefcase would be a little lighter. One thing I noticed is that because the leather gets wet while doing this, it actually looked like it was still fairly dirty until it dried. It was only after 12 hours of drying that I could see a pronounced improvement in the color/cleanliness! So don't despair if your leather still looks dirty right after you clean it; it will probably look as good as new in the morning.

This product has a highly fruity smell but it doesn't stay on the leather after it dries.

I would have given this 5 stars but my leather is still noticeably dirty. It went from very dirty to lightly dirty, but given that some coloration remains, I have a hard time giving a full 5 stars. But I still recommend this product.

Versace Women's 95CCP9D008 SC09 Reve Black Dial Chronograph Black Ceramic Bracelet Watch
Price: $1,871.25
2 used & new from $1,871.25

5.0 out of 5 stars understated beauty, April 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This watch is understated in black, but when it catches your eye, you can tell it is something special. The minimal gold is appreciate but gives just enough ‘bling’.

The size is good and you can tell that it is the latest style because the face is on the large side (39mm).

PACKAGING
-------------------------------
This watch makes a great gift and the packaging is designed to give a great first impression but I have a few thoughts. First of all, the outer box was slightly crunched in on one corner. Right away, that might take away from the first impression. Inside of the outer box is an inner jewelry-style box. The inner box is quite impressive and was in perfect condition. If I had been giving this as a gift, I probably would have discarded the outer box and just wrapped the inner box.

The watch itself is covered in protective plastic which took some time get peeled off. Again, if this is a gift, I strongly recommend you go peel all of this stuff off. There is also a packet of silica gel that was busted open inside of my inner box, spilling little balls of water-absorbing gel everywhere. It didn’t hurt anything, but again, I recommend you make sure all of that stuff is removed before giving this away as a gift.

RESIZING THE BAND
-------------------------------
This watch has a beautiful band but I needed to remove four of the six links in order for it to comfortably fit my wife. I’ve never worked on a watch that was so difficult to remove bands from! Using a special watch-maker’s tool ($10 on amazon), I was able to remove the pins and the extra links, but it was quite the battle.

During this process I learned that the band is extremely durable. Despite being banged around a bunch, including being accidentally hit by a small metal hammer many times, not a single mark remained on the band. I’m confident the beautiful finish on the band will hold up to a lot of abuse.

I like the design of the clasp. It’s gold in color and you pinch the sides of it to depress two small releases that allow the clasp to release. I much prefer this design to the “tension” clasps that snap into place. Tension clasps eventually wear out as the metal bends each time you open/close them. This clasp is very easy to open and yet I think it will last a long time.

OVERALL
-------------------------------
What you can’t see in the pictures or read in the product description is just how beautiful this watch is. The band has a mirror-like black finish. The crystal on the face is beautiful to look at. The knobs on the side of the watch are intricately made and have blue inlayed stones to cap them.

This watch is quite heavy when you hold it in your hand, but my wife says that she never notices the heft as soon as she puts it on.

The timer function works well and lets you time in minutes, seconds and fractions of a second. This can be quite handy when you need a quick timer.

SUMMARY
-------------------------------
This is a great choice if you want a watch that doesn’t draw a lot of attention but still elicits comments upon closer inspection. People aren’t going to notice this as much when you walk down the street, but if you sit down to have lunch with someone, they’re probably going to say “wow, that’s a nice watch”. The quality is excellent and the beautiful finish on the band seems like it will last a long time. Great watch.

Smith Performance Sprayers 190450 Compression Sprayer for Acetone and Water-Based Chemicals, 2 gallon
Price: $108.15

2.0 out of 5 stars leaks continually out of the spray head, no support from the maker, April 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
At first glance, this is a well-made sprayer with a thick plastic body, brass fittings, and a heavy rubber hose to maximize longevity and minimize interactions with strong chemicals. Compared to other sprayers that I’ve used, this one definitely lives up to the “professional” claim in terms of build & construction materials. Unfortunately, the included instructions for assembly are atrocious (they combined the parts for four different models into one confusing diagram). And worse, even after fully assembling, the on/off mechanism isn’t working and it never completely stops spraying. I tried to adjust the on/off mechanism but had no luck, even after consulting the (confusing) manual. I then e-mailed the support e-mail address listed in the manual but I didn’t get a reply.

At this time this sprayer is unusable because there is no way to completely stop the flow of product. The included documentation urges you to not return the sprayer if you’re having problems and to work with the support team, but since the support team doesn’t actually respond to e-mails, it seems like your best bet is to return it if you have any hint of a problem.

If they ever reply to me, I will update this review. For now, I’m wishing I could return it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2016 10:47 AM PDT

Outward Hound Kyjen 32136 Invincibles Tough Seamz Durable Tough Squeaking Dog Toy, Gecko, 4 Squeakers
Price: $16.99
3 used & new from $16.50

5.0 out of 5 stars very tough construction, lots of fun, March 31, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This toy is tough as nails and the perfect size for a large dog (70-100 pounds). Within minutes of setting this on the floor, it was picked up and my dogs were romping around the house hosting a joyous "squeak party". They both took some time running around with it and even had a brief but vigorous tug-o-war. None of this made even a slight mark on the toy.

The construction is double seamed and things like eyeballs are not protruding so they don't create an obvious target for the dogs to use to tear it apart. I've had other Kyjen toys that have lasted for years (and the squeakers still work, and they aren't torn). In general, they are very well built (though I have found one exception, reviewed elsewhere). Generally speaking, I look for these toys by name and have confidence that I'm not wasting money on a destroyed toy.

Outward Hound Kyjen 32126 Squeakimals  Squeaking Plush Dog Toy, Monkey, Large, 8 unique noisemakers
Outward Hound Kyjen 32126 Squeakimals Squeaking Plush Dog Toy, Monkey, Large, 8 unique noisemakers
Price: $17.32
3 used & new from $17.32

1.0 out of 5 stars shredded in minutes by dogs that never shred their toys, March 31, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Unlike other Kyjen products that I've used (and reviewed), this one is very poorly constructed. Even when I took it out of the box I thought that it felt kind of flimsy. Sure enough, within a matter of minutes, my two dogs had shredded the outer "fur" while simply running around the house squeaking the squeaker.

I strongly recommend you avoid this particular Kyjen toy; instead choose among the many other highly rated toys that they produce. As for this one, I have no idea what happened with their quality control, but it is a waste of money.

BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FL 20V Max Lithium Flex Vac with Pet Hair Brush
BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FL 20V Max Lithium Flex Vac with Pet Hair Brush
Price: $95.00
5 used & new from $71.25

5.0 out of 5 stars flexibility to vacuum just about anywhere, March 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Black & Decker flex vac gives you a lot of flexibility that you don’t have with an ordinary lightweight handheld. It works like a normal “dustbuster” for most situations, but you can also unfurl the hose and get a full arms-length reach, allowing you to hold the vac in one hand and use your other hand to maneuver the vacuum head wherever you need it. This gives the flex vac tremendous ability to get into places that a normal handheld can’t touch. For example, using the crevice attachment, this vaccum is the only handheld I’ve tried that can actually clean every nook and cranny of my car. The flexibility of the hose is key to getting into tight places and weird angles.

Battery life is quite good. I timed it at 15 minutes and 45 seconds. The suction never waivers during this time. When you are getting low on battery, the LED on the side of the flex vac starts to blink so you’ll know that you need to finish up and recharge.

The docking station is very convenient to use; when you’re done using the flex vac, simply rest it on the docking station and it will automatically charge. Even if you don’t store it on the dock, the lithium ion battery holds its charge without any background drain (I love this!).

I previously owned the 16volt version of the flex vac. That vacuum was nearly identical but with a weaker battery. I always felt the suction of that vacuum was a little too weak so I was excited to get the 20volt version. The suction of the 20volt flex vac is not quite competitive with other 20volt handhelds that I’ve used, including ones made by Black & Decker and Hoover. But it is still perfectly useful and enough to get the job done. I think that drawing the air through the long hose saps some of the air flow. Again, the suction is perfectly strong, just not as strong as others that I’ve used.

My favorite discovery is my ability to clean the mini blinds with the flex vac. With the brush attachment, this vacuum allows me to thouroughly clean mini blinds without much effort. The amount of dust I can brush off is crazy once you see it circulating in the dirt bin! Being able to hold the vacuum in one hand and brush the blinds in the other hand makes this far less tedious than doing it with any other vacuum.

If you’re looking for a flexible handheld, this is it. 20volts gives you enough power and the hose gives you plenty of flexibility. This is a great handheld vacuum.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20