Profile for J. York > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 577

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. York RSS Feed (Cypress, TX United States)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Minor's Sauce, Bourbon Style, 79-Ounce
Minor's Sauce, Bourbon Style, 79-Ounce
Price: $18.72

3.0 out of 5 stars too much molasses flavor, May 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I thought I'd like this bourbon sauce but it tastes more like molasses and not at all like bourbon. I don't hate it, but I was hoping for a different taste. The flavor if this is quite mild so it would be good for those with sensitive pallets. If I could make a change, I'd have them dial down the molasses and dial up the bourbon.

This is a huge very large container of sauce and takes up about the same space as a half-gallon of milk in the refrigerator. The instructions say to refrigerate after opening. You might want to keep the size in mind when purchasing this. I tried the Minor's sesame sauce and I liked it a lot more.

Minor's Sauce, Sesame, 90 oz
Minor's Sauce, Sesame, 90 oz

5.0 out of 5 stars great dipping sauce, nice kick, May 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like Minor's sesame sauce. This is a delicious dip to set out for fried foods. Fried chicken strips in this stuff is really really good. There is a kick that really catches the tongue. I wouldn't say it is spicy, but there are some powerful flavors at work.

This is a huge very large container of sauce and takes up about the same space as a half-gallon of milk in the refrigerator. The instructions say to refrigerate after opening. You might want to keep the size in mind when purchasing this. But if you are looking for a tasty dipping sauce, give this a try.

Sterling Silver and 14k Yellow Gold Triple Heart Created Ruby Pendant Necklace, 18"
Price: $118.67

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, May 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a really pretty heart pendant with a high quality feel. The mixing of gold, sterling silver, and ruby gives this a lot more interest. The necklace is a beautiful sterling silver weave and the clasp is nice looking but sturdy.

The overall packaging presentation is very high quality and makes this an excellent gift. There is a sturdy outer box with matte black finish and a quality inner-box that displays the pendant against a black velvet backing. Before giving this to your loved one, I suggest you open up the outer box and peel off the unsightly "made in china" sticker from the inner box.

My wife's eyes lit up when I gave this to her she immediately put it on and has kept it on since. So far this hasn't reacted with my wife's skin (always a test).

Now Designs Pan Protectors, Set of 3, Pots and Pans Grey Print
Now Designs Pan Protectors, Set of 3, Pots and Pans Grey Print
Price: $11.00
4 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars good protection and noise reduction, May 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are a great way to separate pots and pans in the cupboard. In each package you get one in each of three sizes. The reason I can't give this 5 stars is because the smallest of the three was too small for even my smallest 8" pan. Therefore that one is kind of a waste. Otherwise, this is a very good set and cuts down on the clanking a lot and helps you preserve any delicate finishes.

OxyLED® T-02 DIY Stick-on Anywhere Portable 10-LED Wireless Motion Sensing Closet Cabinet LED Night Light / Stairs Light / Step Light Bar with Magnetic Strip (Battery Operated) - Silver
Offered by Hisgadget Inc
Price: $15.99
3 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, bright light, May 29, 2015
I bought this to light up my safe. I love that it has a low profile and is easy to affix to the top of my safe. The motion sensor works perfectly in turning on the light as soon as I open the safe door. When lit, the light floods evenly over a wide area and makes it very easy to see everything in my safe.

I'd recommend this for use in a safe or for use in a closet that needs a light.

Brinks 673-80001 Home Security Commercial Marine Resettable Combination Lock
Brinks 673-80001 Home Security Commercial Marine Resettable Combination Lock
Price: $19.97

5.0 out of 5 stars sturdy combination lock that won't rust, May 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So far this seems like a sturdy lock. I love that it is weather proof, even in marine conditions. It feels heavy for its size. As best as I can tell, it is constructed to take a beating and not break.

This is a combination lock with a 4-digit dial. It comes pre-set with a combination of 0-0-0-0 but there are simple instructions on how to change the combination to one of your liking. Once you've done that, all you do is dial in your combination and then squeeze the sides of the rubber to disengage the lock. You can change the lock combination any time you desire so if you decide you need a new combination, no problem.

My old padlock rusted away so I'm eager to see how well this one holds up to the elements.

SOFI Brix Bin, 10 X 15.50 X 10.75 Inches (0763201)
SOFI Brix Bin, 10 X 15.50 X 10.75 Inches (0763201)
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars nice looking, well made, May 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nice looking bin that is also well constructed. I keep this next to my desk and use it to store miscellaneous things that I want easy access to but don't want on my desk. The color is neutral and the materials are of a nice fabric quality.

I love that you can break this down flat when you don't need it. The rest of the time, it is quite sturdy for something that can be flattened.

The front handle is mostly useful if you use this in a drawer configuration with the optional Brix cabinet.

There are no finger holes on the side for carrying this around.

Hefty Drawstring Multipurpose Trash Bags, 30 Gallon, 10 Count
Hefty Drawstring Multipurpose Trash Bags, 30 Gallon, 10 Count
Price: $6.29
5 used & new from $3.65

1.0 out of 5 stars stretch and tear very easily, May 18, 2015
REVISED REVIEW
I first thought these were fairly strong. But the second time I used one, as I went to pick up the bag, it stretched and then tore right open! This was just a bag full of damp grass. There wasn't anything that could tear through.

The fact that Hefty touts these as "Extra Strong" is ridiculous. Even if they were just touted as "light duty", I'd probably be unimpressed with how strong they are. You should avoid these bags.

Remington S8700 T|Studio PROtect Flat Iron, 1-inch, Aquatic Green
Remington S8700 T|Studio PROtect Flat Iron, 1-inch, Aquatic Green
Price: $72.86
4 used & new from $67.99

2.0 out of 5 stars doesn't hold my hair flat, May 16, 2015
The S8700 is a decent flat iron but I have a few complaints:

1) when I straighten my hair with this flat iron, it doesn't hold. I have very curly hair in the back and within a few hours, it starts getting wavy. I don't have that problem with my old Babylis.
2) the part near the top of the handle gets uncomfortably hot during use. It isn't like it's going to burn me, but it is still uncomfortable and I don't like that it gets hot
3) it doesn't feel like it has top notch construction. It feels flimsy.
4) most annoyingly, it doesn't remember your heat setting between uses; each time you turn it on, you have to click the up/down button a bunch of times to get the heat level you want

I'd find a different flat iron, especially for this amount of money.

Avery White Internet Shipping Labels, 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Inches, Pack of 500 Labels (95930)
Price: $64.13
3 used & new from $64.13

4.0 out of 5 stars a little too transparent, but otherwise great, May 10, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These large labels are well suited for shipping a package with pre-paid postage and a prominent tracking number. Unlike most Avery labels that are used from within a word processor or graphics editing program (Microsoft Word, Adobe Illustrator), these labels are designed to be used within popular shipping software.

The adhesive is very sticky and, once applied, these labels are almost impossible to remove. Ink dries immediately and doesn't smear even when I splashed water all over it and then rubbed my fingers on it.

The large size makes these ideal for medium to large sized packages. It'll also work well on a typical letter-sized mailer.

My only complaint is that these labels are so thin that you can see through them. When attached to a package, anything underneath the label will show through, possibly obscuring the address information. For this reason, I find I have to double them up in some cases which really cuts down on the value. Also, the Microsoft Word support is fairly useless so if you want to do a quick label, you're out of luck unless you get very creative.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20