Profile for Clay Lohse > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Clay Lohse RSS Feed (Abilene, TX USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Ted Nugent - Legendary Licks (Guitar Legendary Licks)
Ted Nugent - Legendary Licks (Guitar Legendary Licks)
by Toby Wine
Price: $14.65
36 used & new from $10.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, November 15, 2013
I love this book! Great guitar book with many popular songs! I just wish it would have included more songs such as "Hey Baby", "Fred Bear", "Great White Buffalo", and "Snake Skin Cowboys" and such. CD is also helpful resource for learning the songs.

The Best of Guns N' Roses (Guitar Signature Licks)
The Best of Guns N' Roses (Guitar Signature Licks)
by Jeff Perrin
Price: $22.45
70 used & new from $0.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent book, November 15, 2013
This isn't bad. I wish I would have purchased a different guitar tab book though. This book doesn't teach you how to play all of listed songs but only shows you the key pieces of the song. So if you buy this book, don't expect to learn how to play the listed songs from beginning to end because you won't. Not a bad buy, but I would not recommend it over a full tablature book.

Prestige Medical Stethoscope Holder, Black
Prestige Medical Stethoscope Holder, Black
Offered by Valencia Discount Medical
Price: $4.95
12 used & new from $1.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, October 28, 2011
I love this stethoscope holder. I always got tired of carrying my stethoscope around my neck or just leave it lying around at the nursing stations. This holder works perfectly and is very durable.

Flathead Catfish: Day On The River
Flathead Catfish: Day On The River
DVD ~ In-Fisherman Staff
Price: $13.46
9 used & new from $8.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat Infisherman DVD's, October 3, 2011
Infisherman has made some great educational DVD's especially for river catfishing and general fishing knowledge. These guys are very knowledgeable and experienced in what they say and their DVD's seem to always be a safe bet to buy and watch.

Catfish - Santee Cooper Flatheads
Catfish - Santee Cooper Flatheads
DVD ~ Don Sweet

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay DVD, October 3, 2011
This DVD contains decent to fair footage quality of these guys catching several flatheads in the 20-40 pound range but I felt it lacked with teaching us how to fish and locating flatheads. Don't get me wrong, there is some information there but not near what I expected. I would recommend buying an Infisherman DVD if you want to learn more for educational purposes and teaching you more about how to fish and how to locate fish. If you want to watch videos footage of people pulling in catfish, just do it for free on youtube. This DVD does show their rigging, how they hook they bait their hooks, but for location when fishing, they just said something about being in 50 foot of water and being near some boulders. They briefly mentioned about using cut bait vs live bait in different parts of their reservoir system due to the seasonal pattern which was interesting and useful. Honestly, there isn't much take away from this DVD in my opinion. I'm not going to approach my home waters any differently for flatheads after watching this video.

RN - Nurse - Vinyl Car Decal Sticker #1550 | Vinyl Color: White
RN - Nurse - Vinyl Car Decal Sticker #1550 | Vinyl Color: White
Offered by StickARoo
Price: $1.80
6 used & new from $1.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, September 26, 2011
This product is very cool. It seems to stick well to my glass and doesn't show any sign of pealing off yet.

Garmin Inland Lakes Vision South Central microSD/SD Card
Garmin Inland Lakes Vision South Central microSD/SD Card

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, June 3, 2011
I bought this to put on my Garmin Nuvi 1450 and it works very nicely for telling you the contour of the lakes, where the boat ramps and marinas are, common names of points and coves and rivers on the lake, and parks and camp grounds around the lake. I'm pleased with it and it has definitely met my fishing needs and wants. They usually tell you the depth in 5 foot intervals. The only colors they use are black for deeper water and red lines for shallower water with the depth wrote in feet on the lines. I wish they would have fancied it up a bit more and used more colors to make it a little easier to look at but none the less, it is still a fairly good contour map. After reading on the Garmin website, I thought this came with more features such as "fish eye view" and stuff like that, and I haven't discovered that it does that after using it for over a month. So maybe it does have it but I sure haven't seen any signs of those features.

I will say there are no instructions that tell you how to use and activate this on your GPS. I had to sit on the phone with Garmin for about 45 minutes to learn how to use it, so I will save you the time and trouble and tell you how. In order to use it on the Garmin Nuvi 1450, you must go to "tools", "settings", "map", "info" and then check "US Inland Lakes" and uncheck the base map. You have to do this every time you want to use it on the water and then undo it to use it on the road. The principle is to let the GPS focus on the water maps and not the road maps and vice versa for what you are using it for.

Overall, good product and glad to have a car GPS that is also handy on the water!

Garmin TOPO! South Central U.S. Map DVD (Windows or Mac)
Garmin TOPO! South Central U.S. Map DVD (Windows or Mac)
Price: $97.49
7 used & new from $96.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful sd card, May 25, 2011
My sd card just arrived and I put it in my Nuvi 1450 and nothing happened and no instructions came with it to tell me how to activate the card and properly use it. So since the Garmin people had their heads up their butts when they forgot to put any instructions with this product, I will share with yall what I found out after being on the phone with Garmin for 45 minutes.

I have a Nuvi 1450 and this is how I have to activate it and unactivate everytime I desire to take this on the water with me. Go to "tools", then "settings", then "map", then "info" (on the very bottom of the skin next to the back arrow). Once you have pushed "info" uncheck the base map and just check your "US Inland Lakes" (or whatever lake sd you buy). The idea is to just let your GPS focus on the Lakes SD card and not the base map or other road maps on the GPS system. Garmin recommended also going under "Map View" and changing it to "Track Up".

I have looked for but have not found how to activate all the cool features such as "mariner's eye" or "fish eye". It does put a symbol to indicate where all the boat ramps are located and nearby marinas, and mile marker from dam.

I have not used this product yet but did get to see the contour map of some of my local lakes. I must say I'm a little dissappointed with the quality of the contour lines. It does show you the contour but it looks like a kid drew the bulky lines and depth number if your not zoomed close. I wish Garmin would have taken a little more pride and time in this product and made the contour details more accurate and specific and not so sloppy looking (you will under stand once you see it). Overall I'm still glad to have it because I do a lot of bowfishing and juglining at night time and this should help me know where I am on the water in the middle of the night and where some catfish holes and shallow flats should be.

Overall, I'm super happy with my GPS and I believe it will be great on the water as well as roads. I tried the LOWERENCE Safari and an Etrex and must say, that I'm so much happier now having a nice GPS in my truck that I can use on the road very very easily and accurately and on the water when needed! Great product and great setup and after using the two previously mentioned geocaching gps systems, a car GPS that can also navigate on water in one GPS system is by far the best way to go!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use, May 25, 2011
This is amazing and very very simple to use! I couldn't be happier with the features. I also bought a South Central Lakes sd card for it to help me navigate on the local lakes at night time when I go fishing. Though I'm a little disappointed with the contour details on the water that the sd card offers, I still think it will do a great job of helping me find my way back to the boat ramp. Overall this GPS is a very good product for land or water (once you buy a lakes sd card)!

Kaplan NCLEX-RN: Medications You Need to Know for the Exam
Kaplan NCLEX-RN: Medications You Need to Know for the Exam
by Kaplan
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
167 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, May 25, 2011
I think they did a good job and listed plenty of drugs, but I still get overwhelmed with the mass amount of info in this book.

I honestly feel I have gotten more attainable knowledge from doing research on Mayoclinic.com and out of my Pharm book. All I have done is search by class of drugs such as "SSRI" or "BETA BLOCKERS" and learn the drug word endings and important info regarding the class of drug rather then remembering 280 drugs that this book contains. Mayo does a great job of telling you common side affects, rare but dangerous side effects, and other important info related to that class of drugs and it is presented in a very comprehensive and attainable manner.

NCLEX tests us as new nurses, not expert pharmasists so my plan is learning the basics of pharm. If I know that betablocker drugs typically end with "olol" endings, common side effects, and contrainidications (such as don't give betablockers to asthmatics and diabetics because it can cause bronchioconstriction and hide S/S of hypoglycemia), then I should be able to answer the vast majority of betablockers drugs questions I may or may not see on NCLEX. I would recommend doing that rather then staring at this book for hours and hours.

I also bet our time would also be more benefically spent learning and reviewing core content such as with the Hurst review and Saunder's books.

Page: 1 | 2