Profile for R. A. Slaughter > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. A. Slaughter RSS Feed

whe

My Baby (Tamagotchi)
My Baby (Tamagotchi)
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the young ones, no matter their age!, December 9, 2013
This review is from: My Baby (Tamagotchi) (App)
This app allows you to raise the baby. You must feed, wash, and play with it. My toddler is fascinated by it laughing when she tickles it. I 'have' to actually take care of it (just like her), so she can play. Neat little app!

Talking Baby Twins (Free)
Talking Baby Twins (Free)
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worthe the bandwidth, December 9, 2013
This review is from: Talking Baby Twins (Free) (App)
Quit working! Re-downloaded and same thing! Don't waste your time! My toddler loved it's premise, so when it quit working (on ALL of my android devices) she let me know in no uncertain terms how she felt about the whole thing!

Anker® Uspeed USB 3.0 PCI-E Express Card with 4 USB 3.0 Ports and 5V 4-Pin Power Connector for Desktops [VL805 Chipset]
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars USB 3 Upgrade, February 13, 2013
I was amazed at the simplicity of installing and using this product. It really was that simple. I loaded the card into my 'older' Gateway that I have loaded Windows 8 onto, rebooted and away we go. Cannot not get much easier than that. I have two USB 3 external drives attached to it, and love the response I get from the read/writes to these drives now. I would readily recommend this product to anyone wanting to enter this era of high speed USB 3 products!

ViewSonic VSD220 22-Inch (21.5-Inch Vis) Full HD 1080p LED Touchscreen Smart Display and Android 4.0 ICS All-in-One
4 used & new from $271.57

3.0 out of 5 stars System has some software compatibility issues..., January 5, 2013
The unit replaces one of our Window based PC's, taking up about a third of the space. And to this end, I am we'll satisfied. The unit performs adequately for email, web surfing, playing music etc.

The reason I cannot give it higher marks is the software incompatibilities. I own several apps for my ASUS tablet that in turn I tried to load to the 220. I would get an error from Google's store, but could then obtain the app from Amazon. The inverse is also true. Between the two, I have managed to load most of the apps I wanted, but, it is frustrating having to go between the two to accomplish it. The store that Viewsonic offers has issues's as well. The one that comes to mind is the MyMusic app that is offered with the pre-loaded apps. It sends me to the viewsonic store, but then I get an error trying to obtain it. The store tells me I have already purchased the app and will not allow another download and that the app is in my applications. It is not.

Pre-load apps are really just trials, and cannot be deleted? OfficePro 6 is an app that I have already purchased, so I wish to delete the trial. The option to uninstall is not available. So now I have two icons with the same name. I tried a factory reset, but the trials come back.

Fix the store, allow uninstallation of the pre-loads, and figure out why one store says the app is incompatible while the other allows installation, and my rating would change to at least a 4.

Bottom line, hardware good, software needs work.

Commander: Conquest of the Americas - Colonial Navy (Expansion) [Download]
Commander: Conquest of the Americas - Colonial Navy (Expansion) [Download]
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really?, December 26, 2012
Since the other reviews are negative, I thought I might counter them. I have had this game for a couple of years and have never had a problem with either the installation of the original product nor the expansion. The only real downside to the game is the amount of micro management that comes with having a large fleet and land. Still, I spent several hours playing the game and would suggest it to anyone who likes RTS.