Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Ari Lewski > Reviews

Browse

Ari Lewski's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ari Lewski RSS Feed (Australia)

The Price of Everything: Solving the Mystery of Why We Pay What We Do
The Price of Everything: Solving the Mystery of Why We Pay What We Do
by Eduardo Porter
116 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars The lid of my highlighter never came off during this read, April 9, 2011
Not going to waste my time explaining why this is a below average read, and I suggest you don't waste yours by reading it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2011 9:44 PM PDT

Raising Eyebrows: A Failed Entrepreneur Finally Gets it Right
Raising Eyebrows: A Failed Entrepreneur Finally Gets it Right
by Dal LaMagna
34 used & new from $5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and inspirational story, April 9, 2011
Fantastic book! Well written, fast-paced and overall a great story of how a persistent "compulsive capitalist" finally made it after a series of failures.

Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions
Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions
by Guy Kawasaki
Price: $21.44
250 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Great marketing and PR for this book but disappointing content, April 9, 2011
A VERY disappointing read to say the least! The content was unoriginal, uninspiring and the book seemed like a compilation of other peoples ideas rather than the authors own. In summary, my expectations for this book weren't even close to being met! I recommend reading YES! by Robert Cialdini over this one - you'll find Kawasaki makes reference to it in most of his chapters anyway...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2012 3:41 AM PDT

No One Would Listen: A True Financial Thriller
No One Would Listen: A True Financial Thriller
by Harry Markopolos
Price: $22.33
210 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars No one would listen... but everybody should read!, September 23, 2010
Truly amazed at how Harry has turned this story into a page-turner that I couldn't put down. A fascinating story on many accounts.

The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine
The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine
by Michael Lewis
Price: $17.33
313 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Flaweless!, September 23, 2010
Any author that can turn a financial story into a page-turner has some serious talent! This book by Michael Lewis is both entertaining and educational at the same time. A great insight into the lives of some of the more unique characters involved in trading CDO's and CDS prior to the GFC. Can't wait for Michael's next book!

Outliers: The Story of Success
Outliers: The Story of Success
by Malcolm Gladwell
Price: $19.74
805 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Caught me by surprise, January 7, 2010
I must say I was surprisingly blown away by Gladwell's book. In my opinion, Outliers is probably one of the most insightful and enjoyable reads out there! I guarantee that if you read this book there will be something significant you can take away from it.

Rule #1: The Simple Strategy for Successful Investing in Only 15 Minutes a Week!
by Phil Town
Price: $22.19
274 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Gaining confidence as an investor, November 11, 2006
As a young adult trying to get a good grasp on the investment world I have made a point of reading as many good investment books as possible in order to gradually acquire as much knowledge as I can in order to have the confidence in my own ability to invest my hard earned funds into the stock market.

I have learnt a lot from many of the previous books I have read, but Phil Town's Rule #1 is the first that has actually given me enough confidence to now go out and invest on my own accord. Phil has a sound investment strategy which he has articulated to his readers in a very understandable way.

What I also love about this book, compared to most others, is the way Phil teaches you how to analyse companies and their relevant financial figures, including how to use these financials to make sound valuations.

A lot of investment books talk about buying company's that are undervalued.... this is the first I have read which shows you how to actually do it.