Profile for Dean Krause > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 98

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dean Krause RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Fintie Amazon All New Kindle Fire HD 7" Slim Fit Folio Case with Auto Sleep / Wake Feature (will only fit All New Kindle Fire HD 7 2013 Model), Brown
Offered by Fintie
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, is attractive and economically priced, June 25, 2014
This case fits the Kindle Fire HD. There is a bit of interference with the USB plug. Other than that the fit is exquisite. I like the color, and don't care that it isn't real leather. The magnetic flap catch is a great feature. I recently traveled with this, and it was great.

Naked Weapon
Naked Weapon
DVD
Price: $1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Icky story line. Marit Thoresen and Maggie Q redeem a bit, June 25, 2014
Giving a star rating to this movie was difficult. I love Maggie Q, and the opening scenes show a woman even sexier than her, if you can believe it, named Marit Thoresen. Marit sets the bar high at the start of the movie, and that is the best part of the movie.Over after like 5 minutes. Much later, there is a ridiculous and awful rape scene, which I found particularly offensive, and irrational to the emerging storyline. There are some sexy Maggie Q scenes later, and some fighting that goes way beyond believable. I very much enjoyed Marit Thoresen, and am surprised she has not been in any other movies, and would pay to see her in anything (or nothing!) and always like Maggie Q. The plot was a painful one. So I "liked" the actresses, but disliked the movie in general.

The Light Beyond
The Light Beyond
Price: $3.96

5.0 out of 5 stars First heard this from AMBICON, June 25, 2014
This review is from: The Light Beyond (MP3 Music)
Mr. Pearce is funny on stage,although that isn't in the recording, and very talented. This music is ethereal. Some of it is difficult to believe it comes from a guitar. I am impressed that such an enlightened person grew up in the same state as I. This one of his best works, in my opinion. Great listening for creative work, or listening to travel into altered states.

Down To Earth
Down To Earth
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful song, June 25, 2014
This review is from: Down To Earth (MP3 Music)
When my book, "Edwin and the Metamorph" becomes a movie, I want this song to play over the credits at the start. It has an exotic sound and is very well crafted. The arrangement is tight. Jem's voice is wonderfully playful, breathy and sexy. Unlike a lot of music, I can actually understand the lyrics as she sings because they did a good job mixing sound levels. The lyrics are meaningful and philosophical.

Black Shooting Stars TPU Gel Case Cover For Nokia Lumia 520
Black Shooting Stars TPU Gel Case Cover For Nokia Lumia 520

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, inaccurate seller description, June 25, 2014
I really liked the colorful design of this case. The description said TPU Gel...well it isn't gel like, that is for certain.
I assume TPU stands for some kind of polyurethane. The design is printed on, not molded in, and parts of the white plastic show through. The buttons of the phone are difficult to access. You have to press the buttons by flexing the case material, which isn't very flexible. So basically FALSE ADVERTISING in the description, and physically just not a very good design, and maybe a MANUFACTURER'S SECOND. It does fit the phone and will protect it I suppose. I'm going to purchase a different case to replace this one. Waste of money.

Opera
Opera
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars is it the magazine or the browser?, May 29, 2014
This review is from: Opera (App)
I hope I don't get charged for this...very confusing! The page for this has reviews of the Opera BROWSER and what looks like an ad for Opera magazine. Like Opera music, which I loathe. I thought I was getting the Opera Browser for Kindle, after the install, it was shown to me that it is this magazine about Opera. I do not want it.

Pickle Pot Sparex Acid Soldering Jewelry Repair Tools
Pickle Pot Sparex Acid Soldering Jewelry Repair Tools
Offered by FindingKing
Price: $42.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I've had two, they both suck., March 15, 2014
The first I purchased at the grocery for $15. It worked, sort of. It cooked the pickle so hot it would steam away. I purchased another from a jewelry supply that allegedly was thermostatically controlled to not go over 140 degrees, although it looked identical and cost $10 more. It did the same thing. Now after using just over 60 days, it won't heat at all. If you want to use a crockpot for pickle, with all the inconvenience and danger of breathing boiling acid fumes and having to manually turn it on and off to regulate temperature, then get one at a yard sale for $2.

Riddick
Riddick
DVD

3.0 out of 5 stars Why does the dog always get it in these movies?, March 15, 2014
This review is from: Riddick (Amazon Instant Video)
Lots of gore, too much gore. It became old. Story line similar to Pitch Black. Not much new really. I generally like the Riddick series.

Tick Twister
Tick Twister
Offered by ThePaws
Price: $6.99
6 used & new from $2.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, January 6, 2014
This review is from: Tick Twister (Misc.)
Thankfully, I've only had to use this a few times to remove ticks from my dog. It works great, even on relatively tiny ticks. I've also used the Tick Key, while slightly more convenient to carry(dubious) I think it presents the very real risk of leaving the tick's mouthparts in the skin. We are trying to avoid this, yes?
Tick Twister if used properly, allows the tick to back out of the skin. Might be challenging to use on a cat or spirited little dog, as a brief amount of patience is necessary.

Soundfly SD WMA/MP3 Player Car Fm Transmitter for SD Card, USB Stick, Mp3 Players (iPod, Zune)
Offered by Satechi
Price: $29.95
5 used & new from $29.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great way to have portable MP3s between vehicles., January 6, 2014
Great way to have portable MP3s between vehicles. I have an older Honda with no aux input, and I also don't especially like iPods. I was looking for a way to have MP3s in the car without buying a new car unit. My portable MP3 players are not Apple, so the number of adapters and widgets to make them work in the car are limited. On examination of the idea, I also thought that messing around with a tiny screened player hooked via wire to an FM transmitter while driving was dangerous and stupid. Soundfly integrates a player, power plug, and transmitter in one. The filing system is less than perfect, but I eventually got it to play my music in an acceptable fashion. If you dig around on the internet a bit, you'll find some good instructions on how to use it. Those instructions weren't written by the Satechi folks, whose own instruction pamphlet suggest only a rudimentary understanding of English.
At first I thought the included remote was superfluous, but it is actually quite useful for keeping one's eyes on the road.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10