Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Dan D. > Reviews

Browse

Dan D.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dan D. RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
On the Night You Were Born
On the Night You Were Born
by Nancy Tillman
Edition: Board book
Price: $5.90
455 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Self-centered, obsessed with oneself, universe revolves around me book., November 16, 2015
We got this as a gift for our 1 year olds birthday. I got halfway through reading it to her when I stopped. My husband was shocked I made it that far through it. It seems to want children to believe that the whole world, nope, the whole universe, revolves around them. I'm putting the book in the recycling after I show a few people how amazingly awful and self centered it is. I would give it away, but I don't want an unknowing parent to waste their money on it at Goodwill and then teach their child how the world can't revolve without the child's beating heart and smile. Seriously, why are there so many people who think this book is something amazing? Maybe it shows what a self centered country we have become. I'm sad that there are so many copies of this book in rotation and that there are so many parents, grandparents, friends, and family members that think this book is a good gift. Buy a different book, preferably by a different author. I haven't read any of the other books by this author, but this book is so bad that her name is on my never buy or read again list.
Also, just a side note, the illustrations are seriously creepy. Where is everyone getting, "beautiful illustrations" from?!? Maybe my book got hit with the creepy stick before it left the god forsaken factory.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2016 2:41 PM PST

iPhone 5C Case, ULAK Synthetic PU Leather Protective Flip Folio Wallet Case with Multiple Credit Card Holder Slots and Wrist Strap for Apple iPhone 5C (Waves FOLLOW THE SKY)

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good case for the price, March 23, 2015
Such a good case for the price. I've had this case for two months and it is holding up well except for the edges losing their color from rubbing my pockets. It stays closed until you open it and the chain, which I thought I would hate, has been so nice. I am always looping the chain onto my wrist when my hands are full. The three card slots are nice for credit or debit cards, and I.D.s. None of my cards have slipped out on accident. I love the pattern and I would definitely buy this case again.

June Tailor Mini Mega-Rack ll
June Tailor Mini Mega-Rack ll
Offered by BIGFLY
Price: $19.24
29 used & new from $14.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, March 23, 2015
A little pricey, but it seems to work well!

The Baby Signing Bible: Baby Sign Language Made Easy
The Baby Signing Bible: Baby Sign Language Made Easy
by Laura Berg
Price: $13.13
97 used & new from $1.18

5.0 out of 5 stars I personally love all the information about sign language that is half ..., March 23, 2015
I personally love all the information about sign language that is half the book. The signs are clear and are a good way to start signing with a baby! Simple for parents and babies to learn together. I'm really looking forward to our daughters first "sign"!

Goodnight Mr. Darcy: A BabyLit® Parody Picture Book
Goodnight Mr. Darcy: A BabyLit® Parody Picture Book
by Kate Coombs
Price: $12.82
70 used & new from $4.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, March 23, 2015
Such a cute book!

iPhone 6 Case, GMYLE® [Book Case] iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) case Wallet Book Case Vintage for iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) - Brown Classic [Crazy Horse Pattern] [PU Leather] Book style Wallet Case Cover
Offered by gigacity_amn
Price: $12.98
2 used & new from $8.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Would buy again, but here's why..., March 13, 2015
Pros: under $10, seems to be decent quality, doubles as iPhone stand.

Cons: Funny smell for first few days, will only hold about 3 cards comfortably, part that holds iPhone is fairly thin comparatively

I was fairly excited to receive this case after I ordered it, an iPhone 6 wallet case for $10 that can double as a stand!? It was packaged in nice cardboard looking packaging. I pulled it out of the packaging and immediately smelled a funny smell coming form the case. I think, ok that'll probably go away.

So I put my phone in the case, it slips in very easily but holds in well. I take all 6 of my cards and put them in the wallet part. 2 ID's in the Id holder, 3 debit/credit cards above the ID holder, an my Starbucks card in the cash slot. I know I have a lot of cards. The case holds all of them but is very tight (it has loosened up over the week that I have used it). The part that holds the phone seems to be thinner than other wallet cases that I've owned but we'll see how it holds up.

Using the case has been a pretty good experience. The only 2 things I would mention here, first that you should be careful how you hold your phone when talking on it, as with any wallet case. Second make sure you get some type of screen protector if you like your screen not being scratched. I've been using wallet cases for about 4 years now, your cards will scratch your screen.

Overall my experience with this wallet case is a positive one so far. If you can get past few insignificant cons then I believe this case will last you 6 -12 months depending on how hard you are on it, maybe longer. Oh and after a week of using it, the smell has gone away. If you want decent product and decent quality go with this case. If you value quality and durability I would go with one of the higher end cases. That being said, I would buy this case again. But again this is my opinion and experience, so decide for yourself. Hope this is helpful to your purchasing decision. :)

UPDATE: I bought this case on March 3 and here is the condition on April 27(see pics). There is significant wear after only 2 months of use. That said, it only cost 10 dollars and still serves its purpose well.

I would still buy it, but be aware that the outside does wear quickly.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Source Naturals Huperzine A, 200mcg, 120 Tablets
Source Naturals Huperzine A, 200mcg, 120 Tablets
Offered by Good Health Store
Price: $16.99
27 used & new from $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Short-term memory improvement, check. Vivid dreams, check., November 4, 2014
Initial dosage: 200mg after waking up then 200mg right before bed. This dosage resulted in eye twitching and random neck muscle spasms. Lowered dosage: 200mg before bed. This resulted in no eye twitching, spasms whatsoever and no other side effects.

After taking this for about 5 months I would say that I believe that it is possible to build up a tolerance to this just like with most other supplements. I cycled this 3 days on, 4 days off as suggested by many forums. When I first started taking this supplement (I stacked it with fish oil,) I started having some of the most vivid dreams I've ever had. I continued to have very vivid dreams for about the first 3 months of taking it. After the 3 months they started to be less and less vivid.

As far as memory goes I would say that I believe that it has helped my short term memory. During the day I seem to remember small little "to do" tasks more readily compared to when not taking it. This part did not seem to decline like the dreams did.

Overall I would say that this brought the desired results and seems to do the same for good amount of people. Every person is different when it comes to nootropics. The best thing to do is to test and see what works and when something does, stick with it.

Jorestech 400mm 16" Impulse sealer with 5mm seal Bag closer heat seal bag 110V 850 W Die cast construction
Offered by Technopack Packaging
Price: $71.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Dependable impulse sealer performs well., November 4, 2014
Has performed pretty good so far. This is my first time owning an impulse sealer. I gave 4 stars because it does seem that there is somewhat of a "break-in" period. After using about 5 or 6 times it seemed to start sealing a lot better. One of the only drawbacks I would say this product has is that now after using it for about 5 months it starts to kind of burn the sealing surface in on spot. I guess this is expected with most impulse sealers though, they include an extra sealing surface and sealing element. Other than that it performs well, I also like the time adjustment.

Shea Butter -100% Pure RAW Unrefined African Shea Butter - FREE E-Book! - 16 Oz. Ivory - From Ghana
Offered by Media Productions
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal on a great product., November 4, 2014
This shea butter is a pretty good product. You can tell that this is the real deal because it has that distinct smell that real shea butter always has. Great deal for a great product.

NEW Uline H-596 Packing Tape Dispenser Gun 3-Inch Side Load
NEW Uline H-596 Packing Tape Dispenser Gun 3-Inch Side Load
Price: $16.65
18 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality tape dispenser, pretty good price., November 4, 2014
For years I've had a cheap 2 in. tape dispenser that I bought at a big box store. It always had a problem not being able to cut the tape when you wanted it to. That is not the case with this tape dispenser. It cuts exactly when and where you want it to, maybe sometimes a little too easy. It usually isn't a problem though. The tightness adjustment is pretty precise according to what your needs are. I also really like that the "tape threader flap" is large and stays down, making installing a new roll of tape a breeze. Overall this tape dispenser is of good quality and does what it's intended to do well.

Page: 1 | 2