Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 149

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (United States of America)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15
Lost in Translation
Lost in Translation
by Nicole Mones
Price: $10.27
205 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, August 17, 2001
This review is from: Lost in Translation (Paperback)
This book is a cannot put down, compelling read. It is one of the best books I've read in so many ways. The characters are fantastic, and so real. The historical aspects are presented in such a fascinating way --sculpted into the story so well. It is also a lesson in an entirely different culture. I hope Nicole Mones writes many more books -- though the research and attention to detail that went into this one must have taken years. There were so many plots and subplots in this book -- it is one I can invision myself picking up again at some point.

Plain Truth: A Novel
Plain Truth: A Novel
by Jodi Picoult
Price: $15.00
201 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, August 17, 2001
This review is from: Plain Truth: A Novel (Paperback)
Jodi Picoult is one of the best writers out there. She writes with so much conviction, compassion and talent. This book was amazing. I was sad to see it end. The characters are so compelling, and the insight into the Amish community is fascinating. The ending was so unpredictable, and the emotional levels and different stories happening simultaneously to different characters made this book a gripping read. Picoult cannot write fast enough!

Icy Sparks (Oprah's Book Club)
Icy Sparks (Oprah's Book Club)
by Gwyn Hyman Rubio
Price: $12.44
868 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Book, August 17, 2001
What a triumph of the human spirit. Icy is such a great character, and her development shows the talent of this writer. She is a child with turrets during a time when little is known about this disease and it is considered a disability. Despite her differences and the adversity she must face, she manages to make a difference in those lives who allow her to come in. She is such a sweet, smart girl, and has so much to give to readers, and to those characters lives she touches. This is a book that will make you smile, and be thankful for what you have.

Memoirs of a Geisha: A Novel
Memoirs of a Geisha: A Novel
by Arthur Golden
Price: $9.28
1415 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Books of the Decade, August 17, 2001
This book was beautifully written. From the very beginning you just fall in love with the main character. This inside look at the life of Geisha is heart wrenching. These poor women were brought through so many emotional and difficult experiences, and yet Sayuri manages to get through all of it and remain a whole person. Characters are weaved throughout the book -- such as the Chairman, and you find yourself wondering what the motives are behind each of them, what they are made of. As Sayuri grows from a child, to an intelligent and clever woman you cannot help but to be drawn to her, and to her life experiences. Although Japanese culture has changed since this book was written to a larger degree, it is fascinating to learn about what it once was. An amazing book that everyone should read. I cannot wait to see the movie.

Harvesting the Heart: A Novel
Harvesting the Heart: A Novel
by Jodi Picoult
52 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, August 17, 2001
This book was possibly Picoult's best. It was one that left you wondering what if? The ending left many unanswered questions, and I wanted to turn pages that weren't there. This book is the story of finding oneself. It is a story of love and heartbreak. It is a story that you will not soon forget.

Bridget Jones: the Edge of Reason
Bridget Jones: the Edge of Reason
by Helen Fielding
Price: $12.20
487 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, August 17, 2001
This book is one of the funniest, silliest books I've ever read. Far better than its counterpart, event hough both are great, I laughed out loud by myself on a rainy day as I read this book from cover to cover. I was turned off to the original book until seeing the movie. After that I rushed out, bought this, and had a great time reading it. Bridget Jones is a character everyone should be able to relate to, appreciate and laugh with.

Fortune's Rocks: A Novel
Fortune's Rocks: A Novel
by Anita Shreve
Price: $11.04
399 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, August 17, 2001
This book is incredible. I could not put it down, and could not stop thinking about it for days after I finished it. I wished I had a whole pile of books that would be similar and as fulfilling. This story is about true love, passion, and it opens up questions of morality, trust and honesty. Anita Shreve portrays this time period so well, and builds the characters amazingly. She creates compelling people who you truly get to know and will be sad to see go. I highly recommend this book.

Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, A Young Man and Life's Greatest Lesson
Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, A Young Man and Life's Greatest Lesson
by Mitch Albom
Price: $19.10
1773 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book For Everyone, August 17, 2001
This book should be required reading for life. Morrie has lessons to teach that everyone needs to hear. He is such a wonderful, loveable man, and the world is lucky to have all that which is shared in this book as a reference on living. I buy this book as a gift again and again, and refer to it often. It is truly beautiful.

Girl with a Pearl Earring: A Novel
Girl with a Pearl Earring: A Novel
by Tracy Chevalier
Price: $9.52
1122 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, August 17, 2001
This is a good, light book that teaches a good deal about the time period in which it takes place. My only complaint is that I did not grow to feel compassion towards any of the characters. They all seem shallow. However, I found myself turning the pages of this book, compelled to read it to the end. When I put it down I was left satisfied, even if it was not as deep as I'd have liked.

House of Sand and Fog (Oprah's Book Club)  (Vintage Contemporaries)
House of Sand and Fog (Oprah's Book Club) (Vintage Contemporaries)
by Andre Dubus III
938 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Page Turner, August 17, 2001
As I read this book, I was amazed by the depth of characters. I found myself disliking almost everyone in the book, and feeling sorry for the main character. At times I got so annoyed with everyone for their inability to communicate that I wanted to put the book down for good but I couldn't. This book was a tragedy of the human condition -- it was a lesson in cultural differences, and in the pressures people place on themselves. It depicted the worst in people, and yet it was a good book. It is not light reading, but it is a good read.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15