Profile for C. Traigis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Traigis RSS Feed

SeaQuest DSV: Season 2
SeaQuest DSV: Season 2
DVD ~ Roy Scheider
Offered by Super Fast DVDs
Price: $10.71
23 used & new from $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great TV show, horrible packaging and content., January 6, 2008
This review is from: SeaQuest DSV: Season 2 (DVD)
Seaquest is a great show, and I'm not debating that. Other reviewers have pointed out the good points of the show and I heartily agree with them. My three star rating has less to do with the show and more to do with the actual production of the DVD. First of all, it took FOREVER to be released. That fact, while annoying, was not a factor in the lower star rating. Some good things take a while.

My complaint is that there are absolutely no extras in this set. The first season definitely had deleted scenes and it might have had some other stuff as well, but I don't remember exactly. I enjoyed those deleted scenes in the first season and was looking forward to seeing them in the second season, but there are none. This set has only the episodes and nothing else. Every movie or TV show that I have bought in the past has had at least SOMETHING extra on it. The price of this set needs something more than just the episodes.

My second complaint is the cheap packaging. The set I bought (not from Amazon) had prongs broken off in all the cases. In one case, all the prongs were broken off on both sides so the DVDs weren't held in place. I plan to take it back and exchange it, but I'm not optimistic about getting one with all of them in place. The ones that are still on are very small and just look like they want to pop off. One positive thing about the packaging is that each case opens up with one DVD on the left and one DVD on the right. Some sets of other shows/movies which I have purchased try to save space and put two DVDs on each side, on top of each other. This is irritating because you have to remove the 2nd disk to get to the first one. This set is not like this, thankfully.

My final complaint is this: Advertising on the packaging is one thing, but they put the [...] on the title menu of the DVD! That is totally unnecessary and ruins the menu, in my opinion.

So, great TV show, horrible packaging and content. For a set that took two years to be released and costs this much, I would have expected more.