Profile for Teresa > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Teresa RSS Feed

Zoom for Kinect - Xbox 360
Zoom for Kinect - Xbox 360
Offered by Oliver's Amazing Deals
Price: $5.37
142 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nyko Zoom Full Review...Hope This Helps!, September 15, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
So I read some of the reviews and was a bit sketched out, but decided to pick one up anyway, just to test it out. My living room is pretty cramped, and I barely play the Kinect because I always have to move my furniture around. I punched out the holes on the protective sticker, placed it on my kinect and then put the Zoom on. Easy enough, but when I went into the Kinect Hub to calibrate it, I ran into a few problems. At first, it was not detecting me properly because it could not see the floor. I read through the troubleshooting on Nyko's site and made some adjustments with the lighting and the tilt angle in the Kinect Tuner, which helped somewhat, but then I noticed it was a bit jumpy. It looked like my legs were dancing on their own and the cursor was also a bit jumpy. I had the kinect mounted on top of my TV, and decided to put it below just to see what would happen, and sure enough, it worked a lot better. I started playing the game Joyride, and it worked fine. Went back into the Kinect Tuner before switching to Dance Central and noticed it was a bit jumpy still. Popped in Dance Central, started jerkin' to some Audio Push and it seemed to track just fine. I also tried it out on Kinect Adventures, Kinect Sports, and Gunstringer and had no issues. I was able to play closer and did not have to move my couch.

I guess it might just be in the Kinect Hub where it's a bit weird, because during gameplay, I did not have any problems. Overall, I am pretty satisfied with it. Tis a keeper!