Profile for J. Lapello > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Lapello RSS Feed

Ware Jumbo Hang-N-Hammock (Safari prints vary)
Ware Jumbo Hang-N-Hammock (Safari prints vary)
Price: $8.30
13 used & new from $4.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Rats, October 26, 2012
I read the reviews about these not holding up for cats, and I would have my doubts about them for that use because the straps aren't very thick. However, they are great for my pet rats. I usually order the small hammock when I need to replace hammocks, but this size was on sale and actually cheaper than the small ones when I made this purchase, so I decided to try them out. The rats love them! A word of caution - these hammocks are huge in comparison to the normal-sized ones, so you won't be able to fit them in a small cage. I have the double level Critter Nation and hung one on each level. I wouldn't recommend attempting to hang these in a cage much smaller than the Critter Nation. At any rate, my girls love them. These hammocks are so large that when they all decide to sleep together in a "rat pile," the hammocks don't sag several inches and have rats hanging off the edges like the smaller hammocks did.

If I got really nit-picky, I could take off a star for the clips, but for the price, I'm not going to. The clips are hard plastic and it's hard to unclip them when you want to wash a hammock or move it. I have had other hanging hammocks, sleep cubes, etc., in the past that came with metal clips, and those are definitely easier to clip and unclip. Of course, those items were also far more expensive.

All in all, I am very pleased with this purchase for my use of the product. I would be cautious with larger animals, though. The size is good for a cat...just get yourself something with thicker straps to hold the weight and metal clips if you intend to remove it and wash it a lot.

Black Color Stylus Pen Set for Nintendo DS Lite (Lifetime Warranty, 4 pack) - Bulk Packaging
Offered by Gator Crunch
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Made my boys happy., January 31, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My two boys had lost all of their DSI pens except for one lavender one. I got two packs of these for $1.99 a piece, and they were worth every penny. They appear to be the exact same style and quality of the ones sold by Nintendo, which I wasn't expecting for the price. My boys were very happy to see new stylus pens had arrived in the mail, and my oldest quickly swapped out his remaining lavender one for a black one...ha ha!

SE JT69WGK Eyeglass and Watch Repair Tool Kit, 9-Piece
SE JT69WGK Eyeglass and Watch Repair Tool Kit, 9-Piece

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for my needs!, January 31, 2012
If you are looking for a kit with replacement "screw-in" nose pads, this is a great set, as it contains many of them. I wasn't sure if it would come with this type because of the non-descriptive product specification that just said "nose pads," but after carefully examining the product picture, it appeared to have them, so I took a chance for the price.

If you do happen to need "snap-on" nose pads, you are probably better off buying another kit, as this kit only has one pair of snap-ons.

It comes with just about every screw you would ever need for a pair of glasses, and there are a lot of them to boot. It also has three small screwdrivers, a magnifier, a pair of tweezers, and a wooden block that I have not quite figured out yet (I'm guessing it is to hold something in place while you are working on it). I have absolutely no need for the watch repair parts, but I'm not going to complain about them because this kit allowed me to fix my prescription sunglasses and regular glasses in no time at all, and the pieces are comfortable and holding up well so far. It also comes in a nice little plastic case that snaps shut. It's probably not top-of-the-line quality, but I don't mind at all. It was cheap, it allowed me to fix expensive glasses, and I'm pretty sure I have more than enough parts to keep me going until the beautiful day that I can afford Lasik surgery! =)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2013 12:10 PM PDT

Leo Task Black Mesh Office Chair with Height Adjustable Mesh Fabric Seat
Leo Task Black Mesh Office Chair with Height Adjustable Mesh Fabric Seat
Price: $108.75
8 used & new from $108.75

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrible to assemble!, January 31, 2012
Firstly, I will say that after getting this product assembled and the kinks worked out, it looks nice and is comfortable. However, getting it assembled and working was just awful.

I have purchased many, many "RTA" furniture pieces throughout the years, and you do generally expect to have minor issues. But this product takes the cake for being the absolute worst thing to put together ever! The instructions are fine and easy to follow. It's just a simple diagram that shows you where to put the parts and the screws...easy enough.

The problem starts if you get a chair like mine and the six holes mentioned by another reviewer are drilled too far apart! It took two adults about an hour of pushing in on the chair seat while simultaneously pulling the plastic side out to "stretch" it into place so it would somewhat line up. Time will only tell, but I am worried about that plastic cracking in the future because of the amount of tension that has to be on it at this point.

After getting the initial six screws in, it went very smoothly until the very end. Got it put together, sat in it, tried to play with the adjustable height, and discovered that the lever that controls the adjustments was hitting NOTHING! Took it apart, and appeared the hydraulic lift part was too short, and therefore, the switch that is supposed to be moved with the lever was too far down to be touched by the lever. At this point I got really frustrated with the whole thing and my boyfriend took over. He got a little ticked and tapped the hydraulic lift with a hammer, and all of a sudden, it popped up about 8 to 10 inches. It had been STUCK. While I am really, really glad that it was just stuck and not too short, I am still shocked at what a piece of junk this thing is!

This chair is for my son. Just about a month ago, I purchased a new computer chair for myself that was similar in style and cost only about $20 more. I had that one out of the box and completely assembled and functional in about 10 minutes, and I did it without any help. I am very technically inclined, and I want to make it clear here that there were a couple of huge issues with the chair and not my assembly skills. Had it come with the screw holes drilled in the correct spots and without a jammed hydraulic lift, I probably would be on here giving it 4 or 5 stars. It appears that at least a couple people on here assembled theirs without issue, so if you buy it, maybe you'll luck out. However, if you get one like mine, you will be cursing at yourself for buying it...and you will need someone to help you push the seat in while pulling the plastic sides out while trying to align a screw and turn an allen wrench all at the same time(unless you happen to have 4 or 5 arms). But, hey, if your hydraulic lift is jammed, at least that fix is easy enough...just hit it with a hammer to unjam it! Ridiculous.

Fluval E 300-Watt Electronic Heater
Fluval E 300-Watt Electronic Heater
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $55.99
21 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great heater!, November 29, 2011
Like the reveiwer before me, I was also looking for a reliable heater after I learned the Tronic series had been discontinued. I have had horrible luck in the past with just about every type of heater except for the Tronics, so I was skeptical. However, this heater seems to be a solid build. It amazingly raised my 55 gallon tank water from 72 to 80 degrees F in about 5 or 6 hours and has held steady since. The built-in guard is a plus. I don't think my current fish would be able to crack a glass heater, but it is nice having the guard built-in "just in case."

I mounted mine horizontally (but still well above the sand in my tank), which allows me to do my weekly 50% water changes on my overstocked African Mbuna tank without exposing or having to move the heater. This works out well, however, if I take too long refilling, I do get the "LF" (low flow) error. It doesn't seem to want to clear after flow has been restored, so the only way I have been able to clear it is by unplugging the heater and plugging it back in. This is not a complaint, as my tank does definitely have "low flow" when I have it half-emptied, but more a heads up to anyone else who does large weekly water changes.

As for the display and the controls, I cannot complain. The display is easy to read, and it is easy to just glance across the room to check it. If it's green, you know everything is fine. The temperature adjustment is perfect. It is easy enough for a human to adjust the temperature, but it does take a little pressure, which ensures that your fish will not be able to adjust it.

I am very pleased with this heater. In fact, I just ordered another one today after discovering that my old Tronic in my 46 gallon has some condensation inside the glass tube. I would definitely recommend this heater to anyone who asked me.