Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for bookworm2bookworm > Reviews

Browse

bookworm2bookworm's Profile

Customer Reviews: 551

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

bookworm2bookworm "Mel" RSS Feed (Chi Town, IL USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
A Lady in the Smoke: A Victorian Mystery
A Lady in the Smoke: A Victorian Mystery
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars just ok, May 19, 2016
I'm not sure why I had a hard time with this story. It was written well, yet I had a hell of a time connecting with the main protagonists.

I also had a hard time following the plot, which wasn't bad in itself, it just took forever to develop.

If you like your historical romances with a lot of history in it, this one is just the thing then, but for me, it was just okay.

Melanie for b2b

A Faerie Tale: The Beloved (Volume 2)
A Faerie Tale: The Beloved (Volume 2)
by Genevra Thorne

4.0 out of 5 stars Talk about “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”!, May 18, 2016
This is the second tale in Ms. Thorne’s fantasy series. In the first book we met this heroes father, Gabriel who was enchanted by a Daoine Sidhe faerie, who bore him a son. To meet this little boy, you must read book one, and I promise you, reading it, you’ll get to understand Ash much better.

Ashton is only a part Daoine Sidhe, a faerie whose beauty will forever have you belong to him. With a blessing like this, or a curse in our hero’s opinion, he is lonely and his part that is human, is yearning for true love but cynical of ever having it.

The heroine, Eden, is a very complex character and she will melt your heart. The scars she carries are hidden, and she slowly heals as her love for Ash is exposed.

Talk about “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”!

I highly recommend this fast paced, heartwarming and truly touching tale.

Melanie for b2b

A Faerie Tale: The Enchanted (A Faerie Tale Series) (Volume 1)
A Faerie Tale: The Enchanted (A Faerie Tale Series) (Volume 1)
by Genevra Thorne

4.0 out of 5 stars this story has opened my horizons and introduced me to the world of magic, May 18, 2016
When you are a fan of an author for a long time, and when that author decides to write a book in another genre and under another pseudonym, you naturally hope to God that you’ll love the book.

I truly released a sigh of relief when I was done with the book. No joke!

Genevra Thorne aka Paula Quinn had impressed me so much with her imagination and creation of this enchanting faerie world. I loved everything in that beautiful and magic filled world.

This story is a sort of a mix of historical, paranormal and faerie tale. The heroine was a girl haunted by a dream of a man who is pleading to be saved by her. In hopes to understand the dream and its meaning, poor thing confides in a chaplain thus sealing her fate by being forced into a loveless marriage to a half fairy, a man that is enchanted with another woman.

Our hero was someone your heart went as soon as you meet him. Feeling of hopelessness surrounds this man who is so unhappy to be an heir, to be caught in the enchantment of a woman, to belong to the realm of fairies. And now to be married to someone that doesn’t understand and is afraid of him.

Both characters were well drawn out and very believable as they are fighting the attraction to each other.

I am not a fan of this genre, but reading this story has opened my horizons and introduced me to the world of magic and I hope you’ll give it a go.

Melanie for b2b

Kill or Be Kilt (Highland Spies Series)
Kill or Be Kilt (Highland Spies Series)
Price: $7.99
53 used & new from $2.62

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked the setting of the story and the plot was intriguing, May 18, 2016
I believe this is the last story in Victoria Roberts’ Highland Spies series and I liked it almost as much as the first book in the series.

Elizabeth and Ian were fun to be around and watch as they finally got around to be themselves and not who they wanted to be perceived to be.

I liked the setting of the story and the plot was intriguing, but what I liked the most is the dialogue between everyone in this story, especially Ian and Elizabeth.

If you're a fan of medieval romance and would like some men in kilts with a mighty brogue, this series is for you.

Melanie for b2b

Kilts and Daggers: A thrilling, amusing Scottish highlander historical romance (Highland Spies Series)
Price: $7.99
45 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked the intrigue and the action., May 18, 2016
This is the second book in Highland Spies series, and I wish it was as good as the first. For me, it was just okay, and for that I blame the characterization of our hero and heroine. Both were a bit off and because of it, the romance felt rushed and forced.

I liked the intrigue and the action within the romance because it was the only thing that kept me reading this story to the end.

In the end, if you’ve read the first book, then you’ll probably want to read this story as well.

Melanie for b2b

My Highland Spy: A passionate, humorous Scottish highlander historical romance (Highland Spies Series)
Price: $6.99
48 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Victoria Roberts had me at a “Highlander”!, May 18, 2016
Victoria Roberts had me at a “Highlander”!

I found this story to be very easy to read and I think that was because the plot was interesting and intriguing, but I also credit the characterization of the hero and the heroine for the story being such a pleasure to read. Their banter alone is worth a read!

Putting together two strong characters can sometimes backfire, but not in this case. I loved the reversal of roles, of sorts. This time around we had the heroine in a role of a spy and she was so good! I don’t think our hero, as Alpha as he was, had a chance!

If you love medieval Scotland and men in kilts, if you love spy stories that are chock full of intrigue, with some betrayal and sensual romance in it, this one is not to be missed.

Melanie for b2b

Romancing the Earl (League of Rogues Book 2)
Romancing the Earl (League of Rogues Book 2)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars mystery and adventure, May 6, 2016
This is the second story in the series and even though it can be read as a stand alone, I would urge you to read the first book in this series. The reason for it is because there are some backstory plot points that would help you understand this story much better.

That said, I thought this tale to be filled with intrigue and adventure. And yes, romance too.

Both Elijah and Cate, are trying hard to not fall in love, but cupid has other plans for the two. As they begrudgingly start to work together to solve the mystery, as well as the death of his brother, they slowly start falling in love.

If you love your romance to feature plots of mystery and adventure, this one will definitely fit that bill.

Melanie for b2b

Complimentary copy provided by the publisher

Lady of Desire (League of Rogues)
Lady of Desire (League of Rogues)
by Darcy Burke
Price: $10.99
12 used & new from $8.38

4.0 out of 5 stars If you love mystery tales, this book is for you., May 6, 2016
If you love mystery tales, this book is for you.

I thought the intrigue and suspense mixed with a lot of humor, made this romance so much fun to read.

Ryhs and Margery’s romance was sweet and charming. I loved watching their love blossom. Their road to happily ever after was funny, passionate and entertaining.

I hope you give this romantic adventure a try.

A Bride's Journey, A Prequel, The Bride Train
A Bride's Journey, A Prequel, The Bride Train

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome intro into the series!, May 4, 2016
This was such an intriguing and informative little intro into this series, especially the character introduction of our brides and their backgrounds. Totally peaked my interest in the series!

I also found the whole concept of the railroad providing brides for their men, fascinating and if you’re into western romance, you’ll love this new series.

Valentine's Rose: Book 1, The Bride Train
Valentine's Rose: Book 1, The Bride Train
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It was such a joy watching them fall for each other and fighting the attraction that sizzled on the page., May 4, 2016
This is such a sweet and tender story! I adored the heroine and her strength as much as our hero did. And speaking of a hero, Val was one of those heroes that you get attached from the get-go.

Their happily ever after is unconventional, but boy, it is memorable and charming from the first time Val lays his eyes on Rose. It was such a joy watching them fall for each other and fighting the attraction that sizzled on the page.

This was a very easy read and it moved fast. I highly recommend it to all romance readers.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20