Profile for Joshua M. Hoffman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joshua M. Hoffman RSS Feed (New York, NY USA)

IO Crest Mini USB Powered Desktop Cooling Fan SY-ACC65055
IO Crest Mini USB Powered Desktop Cooling Fan SY-ACC65055
Price: $9.99
6 used & new from $9.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Great personal USB desk fan, June 25, 2013
I have tried a few USB desk fans and I like this one the best. It is light, silent, and you can adjust the angle. It also has an on/off switch, which I prefer. It is probably not the best choice for a travel fan, but if you work in a stuffy office, this fan is perfect.

40W New GEP AC Adapter/Charger For ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-A, 1005HA-B, 1005HA-E, 1005HA-P, 1005HA-V(Compatible P/N: 90-XB020APW00050Q, 90-XB02OAPW00100Q, 04G26B001010)
Offered by Sunny_Tech
Price: $12.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Works, but barely, December 29, 2010
I bought this for my EeePC 1005HA. The specs are correct and it works fine to power the netbook. The only problem is that the connector that plugs into the computer is not quite right. It is too long will not plug in securely. The faintest jostle will cause it to lose connection.

MOTOROLA SPN5358A Travel Charger
MOTOROLA SPN5358A Travel Charger
Offered by Everything Authentic
Price: $4.99
13 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Moto Droid, September 17, 2010
This charger has the same power specs as the charger that ships with the Motorola Droid. Unlike the Droid's included charger, this bad boy has a nice long cable.

I have tried several travel chargers with my Droid. Almost all have had the same two problems: The touch screen acts wonky while charging and it takes a few hours to bring the phone to a full charge.

This charger is very fast and the Droid works perfectly while it is charging.

If you have a Droid and want a nice fast charger with a long cable, this is the one.

Supermicro CSE-M35T-1B Mobile Rack (Black)
Supermicro CSE-M35T-1B Mobile Rack (Black)
Offered by NTC Tech Inc
Price: $98.99
20 used & new from $98.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, March 12, 2010
I purchased the CST-M35T-1B to add more drives to my home server. Despite the beige image shown at the time of my purchase, the unit that arrived is indeed black (as ordered).

The installation was straightforward and the quality is great. All features work as expected. Unlike with similar products I researched, this one has activity lights for each drive that do not require any dedicated cabling.

The built in fan is audible, so if you are looking for silent operation this might not be for you. That being said it is not loud, just not silent. Personally, I do not mind the little bit of white noise from the fan.

All in all, I am very satisfied with this product and intend to purchase more when I build a new storage server.

Looking Glass
Looking Glass
by James R. Strickland
29 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for hardcore cyberpunk fans, December 11, 2008
This review is from: Looking Glass (Paperback)
This book is ok, but it is not great. While the story did hold my interest through to the end, the author's prose lacks the kind of poetic imagery found in books like Hardwired or most anything by William Gibson.

A lot of this book has the feel of Gibson fan fiction and I was not at all surprised to find that it began life via nanowrimo. Also, the author uses a lot of technical terms, but often misses the subtlety of their proper use. This will only stand out to hardcore system or network admins, but I found it annoying. It also probably speaks to why the author left the tech field to try his hand at writing.

From the positive reviews here that aren't by the books publisher or friends of the author, I think this book found its way into the hands of some easily impressed people.

While the book is certainly readable, it is not 5 star work.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2014 10:24 PM PST

Hard Hat Mack - Commodore 64
Hard Hat Mack - Commodore 64

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite games!, February 4, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I love this game. I would buy it right now if they had it in stock, but sadly they do not.
Comment Comment | Permalink

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent non-greasy lotion, January 5, 2008
I have used this product for years. I especially like that it does not leave my hands feeling greasy. The active ingredient dimethicone is safe, effective, and found in most skin moisturizers.

USB Bluetooth Dongle Adapter 100m Pc Mobile Phone PDA
USB Bluetooth Dongle Adapter 100m Pc Mobile Phone PDA

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, works with linux, September 8, 2007
I got one of these to add bluetooth to an older laptop. Running RHEL4, RHEL5, and Fedora 6, it was simply plug and play. It also works just as well on my mac.

The range isn't the greatest but the price can't be beat.

Tokina AF 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 AT-X 107 DX Lens - Canon Mount
Tokina AF 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 AT-X 107 DX Lens - Canon Mount
Offered by Gabrian's
Price: $529.00
60 used & new from $388.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A Mixed Bag, August 26, 2007
Pros:
- This lens is very well built. It feels solid.
- For the price, it goes to F3.5, which is as good or better than similarly priced lenses.
- I wanted a dramatic fisheye effect and this lens certainly delivers.

Cons:
- When used with a camera like the EOS 20D, it does not support flashes like the 550EX. The flash simply becomes disabled.

Overall:
If you usually buy L series lenses, you will find the limitations of this lens as a disappointment. However, if you usually stick to the more budget priced lenses, then you will likely enjoy this lens. It is a fine fisheye for the price.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2013 10:35 AM PST