Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for The Demon > Reviews

Browse

The Demon's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

The Demon RSS Feed (Right behind you.)

B.C. Rich JR V Lucky 8 8-String Electric Guitar
B.C. Rich JR V Lucky 8 8-String Electric Guitar
Offered by SKY-LINE
Price: $846.57

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad guitar, but there are some notable issues with it ..., April 2, 2016
DO NOT PAY THE $800+ THAT THIS GUITAR IS BEING SOLD FOR!!!

I came across this guitar on Amazon and thought I'd write a quickie review for those interested.

I recently got this guitar as an early birthday present. First and foremost: We purchased this guitar over the phone from the Guitar Center for half the price ($430) that Amazon is asking. The guitar is currently out of stock, but regardless the quality of this model is not worth $800+ dollars.
As a fan of extended range guitars, low tones, and B.C. Rich, I was very excited to come across this model and jumped on the opportunity. It is not a bad guitar, but there are some issues with it that put this outrageous asking price into serious question.

PROS:
-It is very lightweight, it weighs less than my B.C. Rich JRV 7-String flying V.
-The action on it is set low without the strings being loose and floppy.
-The rosewood fretboard itself is very smooth and comfortable
-The mahogany V body is small, very streamlined, and sits very comfortably between my legs when sitting down.
-When standing up, the guitar is balance very well, and again, very lightweight which makes it very comfortable to play when standing and moving around.
-I prefer EMG to the stock Seymour Duncans, but they have a warm, rich tone, and carry the low F# string nicely without breaking up or sounding overly distorted.
-The bridge is fixed, so the strings are run directly through the body. While I prefer a Floyd Rose Tremolo, the way the fixed bridge is set up makes for easy intonation adjustment. However, there is a big downside to this (see CONS).

CONS:
-The neck did not come as advertised. The neck as no fret markers; the guitar is advertised as having an 8 ball marker at the twelfth fret and a clover at the fifth fret. This is not the case; it doesn't bother me that there are no fret markers on the fretboard, but this can be interpreted as false advertising.
-The rosewood fretboard is smooth and comfortable, but the maple neck is anything but smooth. It is very course and rough.
-It is NOT a neck through, The neck is a bolt on, and to be honest the overall quality of the neck is not horrible, but not great either.
-The nut at the top of the neck by the head stock has grooves that are to small to accommodate heavier gauge strings.
-Forget about being able to bend the strings more than a full step at most with the fixed bridge.
And here is the biggest flaw regarding the neck:
In between the actual maple neck and rosewood fret board is the yellow/peach colored section where the fret markers are located. When I brought the guitar home and tinkered with it I didn't initially notice it, but a few days later and while playing is a brighter lit room, I noticed 3 hairline cracks in this middle section of the neck. I took it up to the local Guitar Center (where I ordered the guitar) and the guitar tech on shift said not to worry about it, that these hairline cracks where a result of the wood expanding and contracting. I have been playing for years, I am well aware that necks (being made of wood) will contract and expand, but I have never, never, owned or played a guitar that had these hairline cracks. I called the Guitar Center central 800 number where I ordered the guitar and talked to the sales rep; he stated that unfortunately they were out of stock and could not be replaced and offered me a discount on the price I paid, for the cracks in the neck. They don't seem to be expanding, so for the moment I can still play without issue. However, again it seems to be an issue with this neck in particular, it is overall a flawed, defective neck...

To sum it all up:
If this guitar was a neck through and came with the same type of neck as the B.C. Rich JRV 7 Flying V as well as having a Floyd Rose Tremolo it would be worth the $800+ asking price, but as it is and particularly with the neck, NO WAY...

Buyer Beware....

Funko POP Movie The Exorcist Action Figure
Funko POP Movie The Exorcist Action Figure
Offered by Best Costume & Toy Deals
Price: $11.63
40 used & new from $7.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Great detail, but very top heavy, April 2, 2016
Great detail, but very top heavy. She has to lean up against the wall or she will fall over. Overall, a great addition to our Funco Pop horror collection, but the head being very top heavy is a flaw.