Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for Jacob Haney > Reviews

Browse

Jacob Haney's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jacob Haney RSS Feed (Sedona, AZ)

Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, Book 2)
Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, Book 2)
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 20, 2015
Excellent read

The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood Book 1)
The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood Book 1)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good 1st effort, March 29, 2013
I found this book to be engaging with an enjoyable prose. I deducted one star because I felt the plot was under developed and rushed in certain areas. It's an enjoyable despite its shortcomings.

The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z)
The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z)
Price: $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time, November 16, 2012
Let me start off by saying that I love postapocalyptic... well everything. I like the genre, I like the feel, I like the symbolism with our modern world, and I like landscapes where the establishment no longer exists. I tend to pad ratings for that genre, and I feel I did so with the 1 stars I gave this. 0 star is probably a more realistic rating of how I feel for it. I really wanted to like this. Sadly, that was not possible.

The initial concept of a journal was interesting, and the description of the fall was passable, but things rapidly deteriorated from there. I felt as the book progressed it became worse and the characters became paper thin. The dialogue was forced, the actions nonsensical, and the plot repetitive.

The writing itself left much to be desired. Perhaps this is a complication of translation, but I don't believe so. When I finish a paragraph about something bad happening I don't need the sentence, "This sucks!" finishing it off. I know it sucks Loureiro, I don't need it spoon fed to me.

I would have to highly discourage someone from reading this book, truly one of the worst attempts in this genre that I have read. Take a look at The Stand by Stephen King, The Passage by Justing Cronin, The Road by Cormac McCarthy, The Old Man and the Wasteland, World War Z, The Walking Dead graphic novel, and my personal favorite WOOL by Hugh Howey. Really, read the WOOL series. Its cheaper and sssoooo much better.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2014 7:32 PM PST

Wool 5 - The Stranded (Silo series)
Wool 5 - The Stranded (Silo series)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Would I give up coffee for this?, February 5, 2012
Yes, and thats coming from a daily coffee drinker. Thank goodness I don't have to choose between the two. The Wool series is the first time I've ever bought a book on kindle and felt that I was ripping off the author. It really is that good, but don't take my word for it. Support someone who really deserves it, maybe Hugh will reward us by releasing a few more of these bad boys. Someday when this is a movie you will be able to tell your friends you read it when it first came out.

Wool 4 - The Unraveling (Silo series)
Wool 4 - The Unraveling (Silo series)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great by any standard, December 27, 2011
A truly incredible fourth installment in the Wool series. Wool 1 was a stand alone story that was both haunting and heartbreaking. I loved the concept and wished it could have continued. Lucky for all of us, it did. The subsequent 3 novellas combine to create an incredible build up to what I'm sure will be a riveting finale. Each story reinvents my perception of what's occurring. The author has more freedom to change tone and perspective when starting a new story that fits into the whole. Characters who originally seemed so absolutely evil become more understood and the reader begins to realize that what has been going on is not so cut and dry. And always, my thoughts drift back to the hillside, with the two boulders resting side by side.

I would recommend any one of these books. These are not simply great stories for 99 cents, they are great stories period. For less than the cost of a coffee, you will be captivated. Keep your eye on this author.