Books with Buzz Courage To Act by Ben S. Bernanke Learn more Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Learn more
Profile for D. Dell > Reviews

D. Dell's Profile

Customer Reviews: 164

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Dell "Dell" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Cuisinart HM-90S Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Handheld Mixer with Storage Case, White
Price: $77.65
49 used & new from $69.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well and storage is a plus., October 26, 2014
I had a very old hand mixer that splattered everything I mixed all over the counter. So, I decided on this Cuisinart mainly because of the storage compartment. The attachments and cord fit nicely in the clear bin.

As for performance of the mixer, it works great and without splatter. When first turned on, it briefly starts out slow then a brief burst of a higher speed, then back to the speed I select. This all happens in about 2 seconds.

I also like the digital controls and the several speed settings.

Let's face the fact that this is a hand mixer and preforms as you would expect a hand mixer to work. And it just happens to work very well.

Bellroy Men's Leather Note Sleeve Wallet Blue Steel
Bellroy Men's Leather Note Sleeve Wallet Blue Steel
Offered by Bellroy
Price: $89.95
3 used & new from $89.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Far too small, September 3, 2014
I've had many brands of wallets over the years. This one is a little more money than what I usually spend. However, I don't mind spending three times more if the quality and features are there.

This choice seems to be made well with enough storage for everything I keep in a wallet. However, the failing comes with size. It's so small that my bills must be stacked exactly together or they simply won't fit. So, I have to fold all my bills and place them sideways in two rows.

If this is an example of their products, I won't be ordering any of their other wallets.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2014 7:45 PM PST

Polar Cones Premium Snow Cone & Shaved Ice Syrup, Flavor Variety Pack, Ten 1 Pint Bottles,  160 oz. (Nt. Wt.)
Polar Cones Premium Snow Cone & Shaved Ice Syrup, Flavor Variety Pack, Ten 1 Pint Bottles, 160 oz. (Nt. Wt.)
Price: $36.92
2 used & new from $36.92

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, September 3, 2014
I'm in the process of trying different brands of snow cone syrups to find the one I like best. Well, this Polar brand is by far the worst one I've ever tried. And compared to the snow cone stands, they wouldn't have the nerve to serve this junk.

First of all, half the bottles were not sealed.
Second, most of the flavors tasted close to each other.
Third, it left a nasty after-taste.

I will never buy this brand again.

UltraSlick Transfer Boards(Size=24 inch)
UltraSlick Transfer Boards(Size=24 inch)
Offered by The Wright Stuff, Inc.
Price: $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Much easier than regular boards, August 26, 2014
My Mother had her leg removed a few months ago. She used a regular wood transfer board while in physical therapy at the nursing home. She was having difficulty transferring so I bought her this ultra board. She found it to be much slicker than the other board and made her transferring much easier and faster.

The whole ordeal has been a learning experience such as finding different techniques to accomplish certain tasks. For example finding out different types of materials on pants will slide easier than others.

Anyway, she really likes this board.

Amazon Register
Amazon Register
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Canceled after a few months, August 17, 2014
This review is from: Amazon Register (App)
I read all the reviews on Amazon and the iPad app store. I was really surprised how many negative reviews this service received. Here is my experiences:

First of all, I have been a Square user from when they first started out. Yes, I had problems with their app and emailed them on issues that should be corrected. Over time, some things have improved and some have not. I wanted to try Amazon Local Register to see how it compared to Square. It's obvious that Amazon has some problems that need to be worked out, just as Square did.

First the setup process. I found it to be simple, but there was a problem and a slight delay. I called Amazon and they got me up and running within just a few hours. The problem was some sort of computer glitch that caused my account to be suspended. It happens sometimes. I have a personal Amazon account, but I created another account for the register service because I wanted to keep the two accounts separate.

The app setup. I have the app on my iPad. This app is similar to Square, so I found it fairly easy to create the categories just the way I wanted them. No problems here. Although, I did suggest to Amazon that they have a Tax Exempt button.

As for the negative reviews, if people would simply read all the information on this service, most of their questions would be answered. If you can't find what you're looking for, then just call or email customer service. They are very helpful and friendly.

Will I switch from Square to Amazon? I'll have to use the service for a while before I decide which one I like best. From my first impressions, I think they both have good and bad points. And they both do basically the same thing. The slight advantage Amazon has is the lower processing fee for a year, then a slightly lower rate after that. I have a feeling it will come down to just personal preference, reliable performance, and ease of use. I'll post an update after some time of use.

Amazon sent me emails saying my account/service had been canceled or suspended. There were no explanations. Each time I called Amazon and they didn't know why this was happening either. Each time they corrected the problem. BUT, after the 4th time that I tried to run a credit card and found it wasn't working AGAIN, I had enough and canceled my account then switched back to Square. I couldn't take a chance on this happening when I had customers lined up and then find that Amazon decided not to work. My customers would walk out the door. No thank you Amazon.

It's too bad because I think this service had a lot going for it. But not now until they get their bugs fixed.

Santos De Cartier By Cartier For Men Concentrate Edt Spray 3.3 Oz
Santos De Cartier By Cartier For Men Concentrate Edt Spray 3.3 Oz
Price: $42.65
25 used & new from $40.87

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best scents on the market, June 26, 2014
My nose caught the scent of a great smelling cologne from a gentleman passing by. I asked him what the name was of the cologne he had on and was told Santos. He told me that he's had many compliments from men and women over the years from this cologne.

The only thing he didn't tell me was that there were two different flavors. One was concentrate and the other was regular. So, I bought both. I found that the concentrate lasted longer. They were similar in their scent, yet slightly different. If I want a lighter scent then I use the regular. For a more defined and longer lasting flavor I use the concentrate.

I love both.

Trapper LTD Mouse/insect Glue Boards - Case (72 Boards)
Trapper LTD Mouse/insect Glue Boards - Case (72 Boards)
Offered by Pest Control Pros
Price: $34.95
3 used & new from $32.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps cut down on pests, June 26, 2014
I've used these boards for years. It will trap and hold all kids of critters. In the house I fold into a triangle and tape the ends/edges together. Then I place them on each side of all my doors and place them at random around the house by the baseboards. I also leave them flat and attach them to each other in a line that I place in front of the garage door. This prevents critters from getting into the garage from the wide door. However, they can sometimes still get in from other places so I place a few more traps close to the walls.

I live next to a creek and it's impossible to stop every insect from getting into the house. However, these boards do catch probably 95 percent of the critters. If I didn't use these boards I would quickly be infested with unwelcome guests.

I highly recommend these traps.

Margaritaville DM0500 Bahamas 36-Ounce Frozen-Concoction Maker
Margaritaville DM0500 Bahamas 36-Ounce Frozen-Concoction Maker
Offered by M&N online (no sale tax)
Price: $177.12
38 used & new from $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes all kinds of drinks and more, June 24, 2014
In short, this machine makes great mixed drinks, fruit smoothies, snow cones, slushy, and more. Except for snow cones, in order to get the blender to mix the shaved ice with the liquid, you must have the correct ratio between the two. Too much ice and the blender won't blend. Too much liquid and the drink will be watery. As a starting point I use 13 ounces of liquid to 2 cups of ice. (I use a 2 cup measuring cup and fill it to the brim with ice.)

For smoothies I use 13 oz of milk, 2 tbls sugar and one of more of the following: approximately 3/4 cup fresh banana, strawberry, canned peaches or pineapple. Then 2 cups of ice. Of course, you can just use one of the liquid flavorings for snow cones instead or in addition to. The combinations are endless.

In-other-words, you can simply experiment and come up with your own signature drinks. Obviously, you can also add which ever liquor goes best with your ingredients or personal taste.

My best advice is to just have fun with it.

EZ Lite Cruiser Personal Mobility Aid
EZ Lite Cruiser Personal Mobility Aid
Offered by EZ Lite Cruiser
Price: $2,999.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily Transportable is important for Dr. appointment, trips, shopping, etc., June 20, 2014
I needed a wheelchair for my mother, but not just a standard chair. I needed a lightweight power wheelchair that I could easily get into the trunk of my car. That requirement was obvious… Taking her to a doctor appointment of go shopping. After researching for hours I discovered most of these chairs are 300 pounds and did not fold or break apart for transport. Only a few did come apart, but the total weight was still over 250 pounds (scooters were a little lighter). I finally found the EZ Lite Cruiser and from the specs and reviews, I felt it fit the bill.
I tried out the chair first to see how it worked. Here are some things you should know.
1. Be aware that you may not receive your order as soon as you might think. My package got stuck in China’s customs. The seller had no control over this delay. But, from the time I order to the time I received it was over a month.
2. When you first get it, make sure you watch the video on how to unfold and fold the chair. It takes a little practice to get the hang of it. After you do it a few times, it’s really easy.
3. Pushing the joystick forward tends to jerk the chair slightly. Plus, you need to place 2 or 3 fingers in front of the joystick for stability when you want to start out moving slowly forward. My mother got the hang of driving the chair in a matter of only 10 minutes.
4. There is a problem on the slowest speed when you push the joystick sideways to pivot the chair in place. The wheels and chair jerks and makes a ratcheting sound and does not move, especially on carpet. The instructions warn you of this problem and suggest you increase your speed.
5. The arm rest’s both lift up and out of the way for easy transfer to and from bed or toilet.
6. The small size (at about 22 – 23 inches wide) makes it ideal for tight spaces in an apartment.
7. The seat cushion is comfortable enough for short periods. Although, I suggest you use an additional or replacement cushion for more comfort.
8. The battery seems to last as advertise although I haven’t kept close track of it. Although, my Mother has used it several times in the last few days and it still has a full charge.
9. At slightly less than 50 pounds this chair may still be a little heavy for some people. Try unplugging the battery and loading it separately into your car trunk. You will lighten the load by about 10 pounds on the chair itself.
Overall this portable power wheelchair is perfect for anyone that needs all the features this chair offers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2015 11:52 AM PST

Rockport Men's Wispen Mocc Toe Slip On,Dark Tan,11 M US
Rockport Men's Wispen Mocc Toe Slip On,Dark Tan,11 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, June 17, 2014
I have a few pair of shoes that cost an average weeks paycheck. These stylish looking shoes caught my eye, so I thought I would give them a try.

To my suprise they were just as great looking in person and they were also very comfortable. I liked them so well that I bought another pair of a different style, but the same brand.

The bottom line is, these shoes compair well with high-end shoes without the high cost.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17