Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for MariaSmiles > Reviews

Browse

MariaSmiles' Profile

Customer Reviews: 228
Top Reviewer Ranking: 595

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MariaSmiles RSS Feed
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Everdigi(TM)2Pack 3FT 2in1 Retractable Universal Android&iOS Lightning to USB Charging Cord Tangle-free Charger for iPhone 6s 6sPlus 6 6Plus 5 5s iPad iPod Samsung HTC Nexus Nokia Sony and more (Blue)
Offered by EverDigi
Price: $20.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Cables have a seemingly toxic stench, February 8, 2016
Cool concept but the (toxic?) stench coming off of these cables makes it impossible for me to use them with peace of mind. Touching them is like touching scary hazmat! Even after a month of bathing them in the sun (the term is used loosely these days), which usually helps to quell stenchy items, there's been no reduction in the offending odor.

Game of Thrones - House Tyrell - Men's T-Shirt (X-Large)
Game of Thrones - House Tyrell - Men's T-Shirt (X-Large)
Offered by newbury-comics
Price: $15.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice tee, but STINKS & BLEEDS TEAL!!, January 17, 2016
Warning!! STINKS like a tire store and BLEEDS TEAL like crazy!! Otherwise, a nice tee shirt, fits well, reasonably soft, comes w/"licensed" GOT/HBO tag, screen print is "worn looking" (intentional?).

The smell is so strong, I couldn't even take this out of the bag at first! I had to wash it immediately and it's a good thing I rinsed it first - check the photos!! I wanted to use the water to dye other suff - it's much prettier than the pics show, but it made me itch. Seriously. I had to use a screwdriver to pull the drainplug so i wouldn't touch the water again! After rinsing for two days (photos taken in beginning of rinse), then washing twice, the smell seems to have been removed. I tried it on (briefly) when it first arrived, but I haven't worn it yet - honestly, I'm a bit afraid of the potential itch. But, if you're not (at all) sensitive to smell or itch, you might not have an issue with this tee. Regardless, be sure to wash with caution.

I rely on reviews to help me make informed buying decisions. I hope you found this review helpful :)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Diabetic No Show Socks for Men and Women - Perfect for Winter - Moisture Wicking, Copper Infused Socks That Kills 99.9% Bacteria with Antimicrobial Fabric
Offered by Clicks Depot
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars After a month with these socks, here are my findings, December 4, 2015
Copper socks, huh? Might not be so crazy after all. The copper is pretty interesting and the claims they make (anti-microbial, improves circulation, etc) are attractive. But, are they good SOCKS??

Here's my experience:

- thick feeling bottom, without being bulky
- feels very soft on the inside, to my feet
- durable so far (four weeks of wearing around the house, at least a few hours every day w/o shoes, plus several cold-water washings / low dry tumblings, with no fabric softener other than vinegar) - see photos
- copper threading runs from tops of toes through mid-heel wall (good if the copper is beneficial)
- comfy area of "arch support" mid-foot, that's just the right amount of "squeeze" (and I have a high instep)
- fit my Women's 10-10.5 / 41 EU foot fairly well. They could possibly go up a size or two, as there's some extra sock fabric in the heel when I wear them, but I think that would make them thinner on the bottom. Might be good for men wearing dress shoes.
- the collar isn't too tight (it's a bit snug and prolly too snug for people with swollen ankles, or anyone with a 10.75" or larger ankle), but not as snug as the bulk ankle socks/footies bought at chain stores
- nicely padded area at Achilles tendon
- I'm ok that they say "clicks" on the top, kinda reflects my inner geek
- no electric static shocks yet (but it's not deep winter yet, either)
- I don't ordinarily have "swamp foot" or smelly feet, and my feet haven't had any odor nor toes any fungus when wearing these, so that's good (copper is proven to be anti-microbial, so that's also good) - makes me think I could wear these "barefoot" in a hotel, then again, maybe not (i'm picky about those sorts of things)
- they claim to be anti-inflammatory, which is great for those with inflammation-caused pain, I don't have that so I can't evaluate whether that claim is true, however, my feet never ache in them, so that's a good sign.
- regarding the better circulation, my feet do feel warmer in these, but that could be from the fabric, too. No way for me to really tell, other than I feel no adverse effects when wearing them.

I only wear these without shoes, as my "slippers" around the house. But, I've worn them many times, and sometimes, for hours at a time, without shoes. In other socks, my feet would get a bit cold and a bit uncomfortable after walking in "barefeet" up and down stairs, etc for several hours. These don't seem to have that issue. They are currently my FAVORITE socks to wear around the house, and when I get home, I can't wait to take off my (comfortable) shoes and slip into these, (very comfortable) socks.

If you're wondering why I nicked a star, there were a few small concerns:
- I think they should offer these in a smaller size and a larger size (instead of the one size available when I ordered). Fortunately, I have quite large feet for a woman, so it worked out, but (unless I pull them up) they are not snug on my feet and that might be troublesome had I chosen to wear these in shoes.
- In addition, since they are currently marketing these as "diabetic socks" (they were marketed as "running socks" when I bought mine), I think the ankle collar opening should be wider, or with a somewhat thicker band, as I believe one of the issues that diabetics have is swelling / edema.
- also, the fabric has "pilled" a bit. It's really minor and doesn't affect much, but makes the sock look a little messy, especially when the tops find some white lint to get groovy with. See photos. The threading seems to be all intact.

My photos are of the socks after several wearings and washings (as well as two of them packaged).

I'm hoping the copper claims are true and, although I was originally offered these at a discount for the purposes of review, I look forward to buying more Clicks socks in the future, especially if they offer a smaller size. I've bought several other sock brands in the recent past and it's not easy to find the combination of quality and comfort that I've found in these (especially with a lifetime warranty!)

I rely on reviews to help me make informed buying decisions. I hope this review was helpful to you in some way :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2015 12:46 AM PST

100% Mulberry Silk Travel Pillowcase 12x16 in Undye White
100% Mulberry Silk Travel Pillowcase 12x16 in Undye White
Offered by FeelingPampered
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars WARNING - if you don't already know about silk..., November 10, 2015
...this might make you turn your nose up at all your other non-silk bedding. I had heard that sleeping on silk was good for your skin and hair, so I bought this little pillowcase for the little pillow I sleep on (and travel with). I'm pretty picky about my pillowcases/sheets, and went from stretchy jersey to organic cotton and was skeptically hopeful that this silk pillowcase would be any better. Well, it's been a few months, and I can confidently say that it is. I'm back to buy a second (and one for him, shhh... its a surprise), so I don't have to be so regimented about planning my laundry days. I've washed it several times and only once did my hubby accidentally put it in the dryer. It's usually air dried. If I do the wash in the early afternoon, it's dry by night (we don't have outdoor dry space, so I hang it under a ceiling fan). It's held up quite well, and still feels thick and soft (maybe even a little softer than when it first arrived). Oh, and my hair and skin seems softer, too. This, of course, isn't a scientific finding. Regardless, even if it has no effect on my skin and hair, it feels so buttery soft when I'm in bed that it's worth it for that, alone. I give thanks for the little silkworms (& factory workers) that put BS&T into the making of these cases.

So, what I thought was a one-time $15 purchase, has turned into a second case for me, a gifted one for hubby, a full-size case gifted to mom, and now, I'm looking to buy a replace my cotton travel sheet with a silk one, and soon, saving up to buy a set of silk sheets for at home. Just what I need, something else to make it hard to get out of bed in the morning :)

I rely on reviews to help me make informed buying decisions. I hope this review was helpful, as well :)

Sleeping Bag Shapes
Sleeping Bag Shapes
Offered by Short-form Videos

3.0 out of 5 stars A very basic intro to only 3 of many more options, September 28, 2015
This review is from: Sleeping Bag Shapes
Pretty good. I'd imagine some details were left out, as I felt the desire for a bit more info. Maybe add a note about looking for: women-specific or scoop-top or kids/junior/larger-sized bags, too. Not extensive details, just that they exist, for viewers who may not know that yet. They can then seek the details on that which may apply to them.

Also, the "mating slide" went by a bit too quickly for the amount of text/info given.

Another catchy tune, tho!

Thanks for posting these, Amazon! Overall, they're quite helpful!

Sleeping Bags: Down vs. Synthetic Fill
Sleeping Bags: Down vs. Synthetic Fill

5.0 out of 5 stars it's in the bag!, September 28, 2015
Well done! Just the right amount of info, nice summary at the end, good graphics, catchy music (seriously, where can I get that track???)

How to Deflate Your Backpacking Sleeping Pad
How to Deflate Your Backpacking Sleeping Pad

5.0 out of 5 stars worth a minute of your time, September 28, 2015
Helpful! And, I thought I knew quite a bit about the subject, already!

Decoding Sleeping Bag Warmth Ratings
Decoding Sleeping Bag Warmth Ratings

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprise, surprise - and more surprise!, September 28, 2015
I just learned more in 45 seconds than in 4 hours spent researching sleeping bags! I won't spoil the surprise, but the whole dual-scale with extremes and, woah, the assumptions!?! Definitely helped me make my decision on which bag to buy! Thanks, Amazon!

How to Choose a Sleeping Bag
How to Choose a Sleeping Bag

2.0 out of 5 stars Good start, but too basic, September 28, 2015
This review is from: How to Choose a Sleeping Bag
Good start, but could have a few more details, such as the basic range of differences in: fabric, zipper types, compressibility, "combineability"... And, yes, sleeper body types, as well - taller, shorter, wider, thinner, maler, femaler... Just watched the "women's sleeping bag" short and that was very interesting. This video should at least mention there's an option.

Women's-Specific Sleeping Bag Features
Women's-Specific Sleeping Bag Features

5.0 out of 5 stars informative short video!, September 28, 2015
Amen! Finally, science (& bag designers) are catching up with what we women have known for ages! Great short!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20