Profile for Q > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 90

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Q RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
EasyLunchboxes 3-compartment Bento Lunch Box Containers "BRIGHTS" (Set of 4). BPA-Free. Easy-Open Lids (Not Leakproof)
Offered by EasyLunchboxes
Price: $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, they ARE worth it (and now they're even prettier too!), December 17, 2012
First, I'll address what I'm guessing is likely to be the most common question/gripe . . . Yes, they are certainly worth whatever-multiple-of-the-cost of those nationally available disposable ones (whatever name-brand you choose). These are different!

They may be inexpensive enough that your blood pressue won't spike if/when your child loses one at school, but they are most certainly not 'take and toss.' You'll know that the moment you hold one; they're heavier, thicker, sturdier. We have had ours for over 2 years now, and they still look/work basically like brand new (I say 'basically' because 1 finally 'chipped' when a corner of the edge broke off, it still works, but it's not like new anymore). No stains, no etchy shadows, no warping at all (not the bodies, not the lids). I've never hand-washed them, they've been run through the dishwasher every time.

The only downside (that you may not know about to question/gripe) . . . the lids are NOT water-tight (it is mentioned right there, under product features, but in case it gets missed or skipped over). I wasn't thrilled about that to begin with, but it's not such a drawback in my mind anymore. I can use press-n-seal wrap over the whole thing or individual section(s) if I need to, and it also means that the lid isn't so snug that my 6yo can't open it. Also worth noting - the 'middle' size section can hold a whole container of applesauce and still close. AND, there are now the EasyLunchboxes "Mini-Dippers" Small Dip and Sauce Containers, Leak-Resistant, Set of 8 that fit inside too.

SO glad they're available on Amazon now (our first came direct through the company's site!), and looking forward to adding pretty new colors to our rotation too!

Pop-up Lid Salt or Pepper Shaker by Trudeau - 1 Shaker (Color May Vary)
Pop-up Lid Salt or Pepper Shaker by Trudeau - 1 Shaker (Color May Vary)
Offered by Today's Housewares
Price: $6.42
10 used & new from $3.49

2.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to like them . . ., December 30, 2011
I bought these locally at our BB&B, and loved the idea of 'closing' the salt/pepper (I blame too many Dr. Oz horror stories of cross contamination). Alas, they just don't serve their purpose very well!

Sure, they close. Nicely and easily.

However, they don't shake salt/pepper all that well! Because the holes only circle the outside, we end up with as much salt on the table (ALL around our plates) as we do on our food (perhaps more). Forget trying to salt/pepper just a single item on your plate. We were lucky just to hit the plate at all.

I thought there must be some trick to it - tap it sideways, etc. But, after 3 months I gave these up as a lost cause today. My old shakers may not close, and they might not look as sleek, but they WORK!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2013 6:37 PM PST

Wallies 12959 Jenny's Cats and Dogs Wallpaper Cutout
Wallies 12959 Jenny's Cats and Dogs Wallpaper Cutout
Offered by Baby Bungalow
Price: $3.25
3 used & new from $3.25

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 years +, July 4, 2011
SO glad to find these on Amazon!

We've had these up in our current home for over 6 years now - to go with all the matching decor (shower curtain, wastebasket, etc), and they've worked flawlessly. Easy to put up, and we had no problems at all with peeling etc (our kids didn't 'pick' at them, but they have been in a higher humidity area). They peeled off easily when we were ready to put the house on the market, and left no marks at all on the paint.

We'll be getting more to go up in the new bathroom!

Easylunchboxes 3-Compartment Bento Lunch Box Containers "Classic" (Set Of 4). Bpa-Free. Easy-Open Lids (Not Leakproof)
Offered by EasyLunchboxes
Price: $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, they really are worth it, May 12, 2011
First, I'll address what I'm guessing is likely to be the most common question/gripe . . . Yes, they are certainly worth whatever-multiple-of-the-cost of those nationally available ones (whatever name-brand you choose). These are different!

They may be inexpensive enough that your blood pressue won't spike if/when your child loses one at school, but they are most certainly not 'take and toss.' You'll know that the moment you hold one; they're heavier, thicker, sturdier. We have had ours for a few weeks shy of a year now, and they still look/work like brand new. No stains, no etchy shadows, no warping at all (not the bodies, not the lids). I've never hand-washed them, they've been run through the dishwasher every time.

The only downside you may not know about to question/gripe . . . the lids are NOT water-tight (it is mentioned right there, under product features, but in case it gets missed or skipped over). I wasn't thrilled about that to begin with, but it's not such a drawback in my mind anymore. I can use press-n-seal wrap over the whole thing or individual section(s) if I need to, and it also means that the lid isn't so snug that my 4yo can't open it.

SO glad to see them available through Amazon now! With super-fast, free Prime shipping, I think we'll add another set into our rotation for next year (when there will be 2 packing daily lunches!).
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2014 8:27 PM PDT

EMSON DIV. OF E. MISHON PetZoom 8140 Sonic Pet Trainer
EMSON DIV. OF E. MISHON PetZoom 8140 Sonic Pet Trainer
Offered by axahardware
Price: $14.99
10 used & new from $10.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Works wonderfully for my CATS, March 1, 2011
I can't speak to whether this is in any way, shape, or form effective with dogs . . . but it is AMAZING with my kitties!

I saw this in a local big-box retailer (you know, the one with red concentric circles for their logo) and figured it had to be too good to be true. I checked the Amazon.com reviews on the spot from my phone. Initially I thought my suspicions were confirmed, but nearly all the poor reviews had to do with dogs (especially dogs outdoors, etc). The few that mentioned cats were positive (thanks!), so I decided I'd give it a try . . . and I'm SO glad I did!

We have two 11 month-old kitties (sisters). One has a terrible habit of jumping up onto things she shouldn't (kitchen table/counters) and the other has a penchant for tearing up our couches. Sure enough, within 5 minutes of being home the jumper was at it. A sharp "NO" and a 'blast' with the sonic pet trainer - and she scrambled down as fast as she could, all the while with an utterly bewildered look/attitude! She's tried it several more times this afternoon, and each time I've caught her I've repeated the routine - it is *definitely* diminishing the behavior. Hopefully it won't be long until it's extinguished completely.

Haven't had the opportunity yet to try it with the scratcher, but I'm optimistic based on our results so far. I'll update as we use it futher.

Oh, worth noting: it requires 1 9-volt battery, which was not included.

KitchenArt 10002 Adjust-A-Rack, Stores 24 Items, White
KitchenArt 10002 Adjust-A-Rack, Stores 24 Items, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly functional, February 26, 2011
These work perfectly for my small kitchen. Keeps spices near the stove, but not too close to the heat (which can affect taste and longevity).

They attach with double sided sticky tape, which has thus far (almost a year now) held up beautifully. They can be broken apart easily, and are very easily configured to your space (mine are 4 wide, as shown in the 2nd picture, as that's what fits best for my cabinet doors); you could easily mount more or fewer depending on your available width. My cabinets also fit 2 'high' in the space of a single shelf (allowing for spice jar space, which obviously varies. The depth is also adjustable for each individual space, and adjusts from 2-3" (basically spice jar to spray can). The front of each also allows for labeling, if you're particular about placement or if your jars don't allow for easy identification.

These may not be as stylish as some of the chrome racks I've seen, but since they are *inside* my cabinets I'm not terribly concerned. They also don't require screws into cabinet doors to mount, nor do they allow jars to rattle around like those 'pretty' fixed-rack ones do. Easy to install and perfectly customizable - just what I needed!

KrustBuster Sandwich Maker Deluxe Set includes Stamps and KupBuster
KrustBuster Sandwich Maker Deluxe Set includes Stamps and KupBuster
2 used & new from $44.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, Qucik, and it WORKS!, October 19, 2010
I'm really not sure how this could be any easier to use. You literally just set the sandwich centered on the bottom half and fold. It doesn't take much pressure, and the excess bread crust literally just falls off. Sometimes when I open it after removing the crust, it will sort of 'stick' in the top, but it takes nearly no pressure at all and it falls right out with the edges perfectly sealed!

I've tried everything up to this point that I could find.
- Cookie cutters make cute shapes, but they're often too small and leave oozy edges
- Specially made sandwich cutters (in the shape of hearts, dolphins, dinosaurs, etc), again they're cute and they solve the size problem, but still ooze
- A gadget from a specialty kitchen-wares company that sells through homeshows, right idea but it never quite worked, round shape wasted too much and it never really sealed well

Enter the Krustbuster!
It's so simple to use that my children can do it. Lightweight enough for them to handle, yet still feels sturdy and has held up like new to our month or so of use thus far (including dishwashing everytime). Right size and shape for 'typical' sandwich breads, minimal waste. It also works better with softer breads than I would've thought (some of our previous cutter attempts with other products simply split soft bread, not the case with the Krustbuster). But, the best part is: it works as advertised and SEALS the edges!

The 'stampers' even mean that we can prepare crustless, sealed, sandwiches en-masse ahead of time and freeze them - without any question as to which 'variety' (grape, strawberry, cheese, etc) is inside!

It gets most of it's use from peanutbutter and honey, but we'll try egg sandwiches for breakfast (maybe even toasted), hotdogs, maybe even stuffed french toast!

Krustbuster Sandwich Kit
Krustbuster Sandwich Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, Quick, and it WORKS!, October 19, 2010
This review is from: Krustbuster Sandwich Kit

I've tried everything up to this point that I could find.

Enter the Krustbuster!

Zak Reusable Polycarbonate Stripe Straws - Set of 12
Zak Reusable Polycarbonate Stripe Straws - Set of 12

2.0 out of 5 stars Decide for yourself - but these DO contain BPA, October 19, 2010
These straws are ALMOST perfect. I loved them from a functional standpoint - they held up well, washed up beautifully (w/o falling through the holes in my dishwasher's utensil basket), and ended the money (and trash) out with disposable straws.

However . . . they DO contain BPA. I contacted Zak, the manufacturer, and they confirmed it.

Yes, we used them with cold drinks, but we washed them in a very hot dishwasher. It's just not worth any potential for risk with my children's health (for me). I'll consider stainless steel, but I'm not sure they'll like the feel/cold of those.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2012 9:45 AM PST

Zak Reusable Polycarbonate Dot Straws - Set of 12
Zak Reusable Polycarbonate Dot Straws - Set of 12

Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2012 12:08 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9