Profile for David Arnstein > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 273

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Arnstein RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Pleaser Women's Heat-01 Pump,Red Patent,8 M US
Pleaser Women's Heat-01 Pump,Red Patent,8 M US
Price: $38.70
17 used & new from $37.62

4.0 out of 5 stars A perfect pump, but it won't last (not a pun), May 26, 2015
We really like the look of these shoes. However the beautiful red color has rubbed off in one place, revealing a black substrate. Honestly, they look so nice that we might just buy some more.

2MM White Tungsten Carbide Polished Classic Wedding Ring Size 5.5
2MM White Tungsten Carbide Polished Classic Wedding Ring Size 5.5
Offered by MetalsJewelry
Price: $22.95
2 used & new from $22.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A wise choice, May 26, 2015
You won't mistake this ring for fine jewelry, but for some folks this is ideal. Both my owl and I picked the wrong ring size, even though we measured each other with a tape. We bought two more rings that are the right size for us and suffered no long-term financial damage. As well, we won't stress if we lose these rings.

For what they are, all four of our rings are flawless. If your wife can accept a tungsten carbide wedding set, congratulations. You have chosen well. The rings are a good choice too!

iOttie Easy One Touch 2 Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6 (4.7)/ Plus (5.5)/ 5s/ 5c/, Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge/ S5/S4/ S3/ Note 4/3, Google Nexus 5/4, LG G3-Retail Pack
Price: $24.95
19 used & new from $16.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Spring went loose after two months, May 26, 2015
This is the second Iottie "One Touch" mount that I have used. My first Iottie was great, but after a period of daily use, the mount became unusable. Problem: the mount's grip on my smartphone weakened. The phone would fall out of the mount. As you can imagine, this has the potential to damage both phone and car.

My second Iottie mount is this one. It failed in exactly the same way. I suppose that there is a spring inside the mount that simply gets old and weak. This time, I checked the date of purchase. My mount failed after two months of daily use.

I really don't know what to do next. The Iottie mounts are really useful. In particular, I don't know where I am going to find another mount that is able to grip the textured dashboard in my car. But buying a new mount every two months is a bit rich.

Silk'n Revit Microderm Device
Silk'n Revit Microderm Device
Price: $99.00
4 used & new from $99.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work on shallow wrinkles, May 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This gadget features a donut-shaped abrasive ring and a strong vacuum. Actually, three abrasive rings are provided. Each one is a different size and features a different "roughness." The vacuum is powerful. The abrasion is powered only by your arm: you have to stroke your face with the gadget.

I have some wrinkles around my mouth and I could perceive some improvement after using this tool. It causes redness, but that fades after a few hours. On the other hand, I have a deep wrinkle on my forehead that did not respond to treatment. It got red and it got a bit sore. This condition persisted for days. Oh well, I don't think that wrinkle will go away without dynamite.

The tool grinds off some of your skin and as such, it has a filter to catch the dust that was your skin. I just visited the Silk'n website, where I learn that each filter lasts for approximately 5 sessions. I also learned that thirty replacement filters cost $10. I believe that it is possible to rinse off these little filters, allow them to dry, and then use them again.

Roku 2 Streaming Media Player (4210R) with Faster Processor (2015 model)
Roku 2 Streaming Media Player (4210R) with Faster Processor (2015 model)
Price: $64.99
8 used & new from $64.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Core functions mostly great, peripheral functions have problems., April 20, 2015
I use this device on a 5 GHz network that provides a strong signal. Mostly, I have used Netflix, Youtube, and Amazon. In my testing, video delivery is very good. If you have a fast enough internet connection, you can see some really beautiful video with this device.

The user interface is OK, it took me about an hour to get used to it. The software has been completely stable in my testing. The remote is small, but very easy to use. Using the remote and watching Roku on my TV, I experience good response time and no quirks and bugs, with one exception that I will detail below. In spite of the exception, this is a huge step forward for living room network gear. Thank you Roku!

The Roku does a bit of power management. There is no on/off switch. The device is always ready to serve. There is a power-saving feature though. The device goes to sleep after a period of non-use. The sleep/wake state is indicated by an LED on the front panel, so you know what's going on. The box stays warm when it is in the sleep state, which means that it is still using a fair amount of power.

Sometimes the Roku becomes unresponsive when I am watching a movie. I push buttons on the remote, and the LED on the box blinks its acknowledgement. But nothing happens. This problem might be correlated with high bitrate movies. I get this problem while watching the Netflix series _Marco Polo_. I get this problem 100% of the time when I launch the Go-Pro channel, which displays high quality video immediately on launch.

This problem is annoying. It is unacceptable in a living room device. On a peecee, maybe. But not in the living room.

I find issues with the web browser interface, the IOS (iPhone) app, and the Android app. These items are potentially very useful. Entering text with a remote is very unpleasant, and sometimes it has to be done. Think: passwords, searching, and so forth. Wouldn't it be sweet to use a peecee or iPhone for typing?

The web browser interface starts off great. This is the easiest way to enter PINs and add channels to Roku's home screen. But guess what. After I effortlessly performed these steps, there was no result on the Roku! The web browser interface is fake.

The IOS app has potential, but it loses contact with Roku, constantly. The Android app has the same problem. These are both simply unusable.

Finally, I am not happy about providing a credit card number to Roku. I believe that it is a security risk. And it is mandatory.

Merci European Chocolates, 7 Ounce
Merci European Chocolates, 7 Ounce
Offered by TÖTÄL RECÄLL, Shipped freshly from Germany
Price: $7.67
3 used & new from $7.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Creamy, April 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My sample was obviously packed hastily. I hope that Amazon does a more careful job when it delivers yours. Reason: the product packaging is pretty enough to make a nice gift.

At room temperature, these chocolates are exceptionally creamy. The 7 ounce box includes several different flavors; I liked most of them very much. The marzipan flavor was the only one that was "meh." Very strong and pleasant flavors otherwise. I would have liked a bit less sugar in the mix, but I suspect that I am a minority vote in that election. The gift angle again: the inner wrapping, in printed clear plastic, is elegant.

These chocolates are not as great as the best Belgian masterpieces, but they are very nice. I could eat them every day, that's for sure. A complaint: the list of ingredients includes "natural flavors." Translation: one or more substances that the US government allows us to call "natural," but would make you ill if you knew exactly what they are." On a more practical note, I observe that prepared foods with "natural flavors" taste worse than similar foods that include neither "natural flavors" nor artificial flavors.

iOttie Easy Flex 3 Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6 (4.7) /5s/5c/4s, Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge/ S4/S3 - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $18.18
8 used & new from $13.21

4.0 out of 5 stars One complaint, April 14, 2015
The suction pad is amazing. The appearance is very slick, and it folds to a compact size. The push button clamp is wonderfully convenient. Problem: the clamping arms. After a few months of service, the spring that powers those arms became weak. My phone would slide down and out while I drive on a bumpy road.

I have relegated this mount for use during travel, because it packs well. I bought a larger iOttie mount for every day use.

Update: the larger iOttie mount failed in exactly the same way, after two months of daily use. I am sad.

Men's Gray Suede Genuine Leather Belt 38mm 1-1/2" Wide (36)
Men's Gray Suede Genuine Leather Belt 38mm 1-1/2" Wide (36)
Offered by Belts*
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars OK I guess, April 14, 2015
It looks cheap. But a gray belt is hard to find.

Aylio Coccyx Orthopedic Comfort Foam Seat Cushion (Gray)
Aylio Coccyx Orthopedic Comfort Foam Seat Cushion (Gray)
Offered by Aylio Wellness
Price: $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, April 14, 2015
Foam core is OK. The fabric cover is loose and moves a lot during use. Sometimes the zipper appears on top, later it rotates to the bottom of the thing. But that cover is removable for washing, which is great.

Scrub HQ 4826C Women's Cotton Mock Wrap Print Scrub Top Owl Be There X-Small
Scrub HQ 4826C Women's Cotton Mock Wrap Print Scrub Top Owl Be There X-Small
Offered by Rugged Outfitters
Price: $15.95
8 used & new from $15.94

3.0 out of 5 stars I like the owls, but..., April 14, 2015
I really like the graphic design of this shirt. The fit is shapeless, not flattering. I suppose that this is good for professionals. The fabric gives off a "cheap and stiff" vibe.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20