Profile for David Arnstein > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 306

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Arnstein RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Remington AC2015C T|Studio Silk AC Professional Hair Dryer, Pink
Remington AC2015C T|Studio Silk AC Professional Hair Dryer, Pink
Price: $30.17
4 used & new from $27.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife says: best hair dryer ever, August 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We had a very nice Conair hair dryer, 1875 watts. That's the same as this one. My owl was not happy with the Conair because it was not powerful enough. She considers this Remington to be the best hair dryer she has ever used.

?

The Remington is louder and larger. It has more features: separate controls for air speed and temperature (both high/low). There is also a button to temporarily turn off the heat. Finally, there are two small rubber bumpers, one on each side of the dryer. This will help to protect your counter top.

The wife is always right, so five stars for the Remington.

Suave Gold Professionals Oil Spray, Moroccan, 6.5 Ounce
Suave Gold Professionals Oil Spray, Moroccan, 6.5 Ounce
Offered by TNDiscounts
Price: $11.16
5 used & new from $7.09

4.0 out of 5 stars It could save you some time, July 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My owl has been using a dense, white lotion on her skin for many years. This is a task that repeats at least once a day, every day. We tried this product in the hope that the spray applicator would save time.

It worked. Spraying this directly on the skin and rubbing it in is faster than scooping the white lotion from a jar and spreading it. A disadvantage: you really should not use this spray near your carpets. The sprayer is decent, but mistakes happen.

We found this oil to be pleasant. It makes my owl's skin look and feel nice. We also found the scent to be too strong for us. It is not an unusually strong scent, but it interferes with a cologne that my owl likes very much.

Ultimately, the white lotion won out over this oil. It's a good product, but not good enough to overcome years of familiarity.

Food Should Taste Good Real Good Bar Hazelnut Sea Salt, 15 Count
Food Should Taste Good Real Good Bar Hazelnut Sea Salt, 15 Count
Price: $26.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than similar products, July 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you care about what you put into your body, this food is worthy of your attention. The list of ingredients is much better than other products in its class. There is no sinister "natural flavors" on the list. Here is the complete account:

Hazelnuts, almonds, sugar, Macadamia nuts, Honey, Palm Kernel Oil, Tapioca Syrup, Cocoa Powder, Orange Zest (orange peel, sugar, citric acid), Sunflower Lecithin, Rice Flour, Vanilla Extract, Sea Salt. Most of those ingredients are organic too.

The taste is much better than similar products. The dominant flavors are chocolate and nuts. The orange zest is just strong enough to break through and I find it to be very pleasant. A slightly salty taste lingers for a moment afterwards. And guess what: NO DISGUSTING AFTERTASTE. Like you get with the more artificial convenience foods, which is almost all of them.

The only drawback is that the thing is rather melty. If you leave it in your backpack during a hike it is going to get really soft and sticky.Take it to the gym instead, it will be something to look forward to.

Belkin Air Protect Always-On Sleeve 11" for Chromebooks and Laptops, Designed for School and Classroom
Price: Click here to see our price
19 used & new from $27.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Macbook Air 11" Report, July 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The 11" model is a good fit for an 11" Macbook Air. The hooks and straps that secure the Macbook in place do a good job. There is no interference with keyboard, trackpad, or display. When the sleeve is zipped up, the Macbook does not rattle around inside.

Quality appears to be good: zippers work. Handles are securely attached. The stiff body of the sleeve provides protection, as advertised.

Be aware that there is absolutely no space to store a power cord or a mouse. Zero.

I did encounter a problem. The idea of this sleeve is that you can unzip it, unfold your computer, and go to work. I find that the weight of the sleeve pulls my Macbook open more than I would like. I could solve this problem by detaching the upper half of the sleeve from my Macbook. But that rather defeats the purpose of the sleeve, doesn't it? I have no idea if this will be a problem with other 11" notebooks.

Hoover Commercial C3820 Spotter and Carpet Cleaner with 3 Brush Roll Speeds
Hoover Commercial C3820 Spotter and Carpet Cleaner with 3 Brush Roll Speeds
Price: $199.00
8 used & new from $179.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Not really commercial grade, but still good., July 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't believe that it would be possible to make this cleaner any easier to use. That's really important for me. I have a two-piece rug cleaner that has sat undisturbed for TEN YEARS. Too much trouble to use. By contrast, the Hoover invites use.

Initial assembly was easy. If you follow the instructions, you can extract the machine from its shipping box without lifting it. Rather, you turn the box sideways and slide everything out. Two large pieces needed to be fit together and secured with two bolts and two nuts. If you have a philips screwdriver handy, you can have it done in five minutes.

The input and output tanks are both removable. You carry them to a sink or bathtub for filling and emptying. I found that I was able to do this without spillage. I did use a rag to wipe the tanks in my bathroom. That helped. There is a measuring cup for detergent, and you won't lose it. It is also the cap to the input tank. Both tanks have lids, which prevents spills during filling and emptying.

The machine is a bit larger than an upright vacuum cleaner. Because it is itself an upright, storage is convenient. The power cord is long enough. You will run out of cleaning solution before you run out of cord.

In use, the machine is rather good. I quickly settled into the rhythm of wet and dry strokes. The machine is somewhat heavy, so the best approach is to push and pull slowly. No sense in tiring yourself out. If you watch your posture, you can clean a lot of rug without hurting your back. It would be nice if Hoover included a steering mechanism. Turning the machine to start a stroke on a new piece of rug is a bit of work.

I went for two tankfuls and got my dining area and living room clean. These are small rooms, you might need a tank and a half for a nice living room. I did not do a clean water rinse because I am lazy. I got a lot of filth out, and the rug does not feel at all sticky from the detergent. Perhaps rinsing is not necessary.

Now I need to talk about durability. I don't have the luxury of waiting six months or a year to write this review, so take this with a grain of salt. This is an all plastic machine. The visible parts are thick plastic, including the crucial input and output tanks. If you are gentle with the machine, you might get a long service life. I am not impressed with the controls. The control for brush speed is especially suspicious. It is cheap, sloppy, and awful. The power switch and the spray trigger are not awful, but they do not inspire confidence. I am concerned.

Overall, I like this machine. It is maximally easy to set up, use, and stow afterwards. It is about as lightweight as it could be. It might not last forever, but the price I saw today is still a good value. I surprised my owl by cleaning some rugs while she was out. She was appreciative, and when I promised to do some more rooms she was pleased. Go for it, and make your bird happy.

American Metalcraft ALMH4 Aluminum Round Alligator Clip Card Holders, 4-1/2-Inch
Price: $4.28
2 used & new from $4.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy to find this, July 24, 2015
This is one of those simple but hard to find items that are so satisfying. The wire is *almost* perfectly straight. The base is *almost* heavy enough. On a good day, I might have given 5 stars.

That base is the best part of the thing. It is smooth and pleasant looking.

Selfie Stick, PanShot LT-C01 Battery-free Cable Control Selfie Stick Self-portrait Monopod with foldable Universal Phone Holder for iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5 5S 5C, Samsung S6 S5, Android and GoPro, Black
Offered by Avantek
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $9.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Serious design flaw, July 24, 2015
Decent construction and design. The way the telescoping tubes twist into locked position is rather clever.

The shutter button is absolutely in the wrong place, which makes it impossible to hold the thing steady while completing a shot. This is a fatal flaw that renders the other virtues of this stick irrelevant.

2015 Newest Version HP Pavilion x360 360° hinge 2-in-1 13.3" TouchScreen Laptop with 5th Gen Intel Core i3-5010U Processor (3MB L3 cache and 2.1GHz Speed) / 4GB Memory / 500GB Hard Drive / Intel HD Graphics 5500 / Bluetooth / HDMI / Silver / Only 3.97lb
7 used & new from $539.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value in a modest computer, July 24, 2015
It is slow but it is adequate for web-browsing, document creation, and watching videos on Youtube. When playing videos through the HDMI output cable, it worked flawlessly.

Battery life is OK. Memory and disk capacity are adequate, unless you are editing videos or something. In that case, you will find this computer to be too slow anyway. Computer is a bit too heavy for my taste.

HP puts a ton of crapware on their computers and it is annoying. I spent far too much of my time removing this stuff. Some of it was quite stubborn, it used various tricks in order to make removal difficult for me.

Touch screen works OK but so what. I cannot find any use for it. The hinge is interesting. You can position the hinge so that the computer is a tablet. USELESS. As a tablet, it is far too thick and heavy. Positioning the computer as a "tent" is OK though. I can place the computer on a kitchen counter and watch a movie while I slave away.

This computer delivers very good value. For this reason, I would have given 5 stars (barely) if HP had lost the crapware.

My Cousin Vinny
My Cousin Vinny
DVD ~ Joe Pesci
Price: $3.99
98 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Grrr, July 24, 2015
This review is from: My Cousin Vinny (DVD)
The lead actor is terribly annoying. The lead actress looks fabulous in every scene. That is worth something I guess.

Trading Places (1983)
Trading Places (1983)
DVD ~ Various
Price: $4.79
57 used & new from $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Meh., July 24, 2015
This review is from: Trading Places (1983) (DVD)
The gags are non-stop, but not all that great. There is a sequence involving a man in a gorilla suit. Terribly amateurish and unrealistic.

The best part of the movie is the redemption of the two lead characters at the end of the movie.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20