Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Lempdoodle > Reviews

Browse

Lempdoodle's Profile

Customer Reviews: 47

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lempdoodle RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Wit and Wisdom of Ozzy Osbourne
The Wit and Wisdom of Ozzy Osbourne
by Dave Thompson
Price: $12.99
49 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty "bleeping" funny, October 28, 2010
I got this book for my brother, who has always been an Ozzy fan. Before I gave it to him, I read it myself, which may not have been the most courteous thing to do, but so be it. This is a really enjoyable and breezy read. It has 13 chapters (how appropriate) on such topics as his childhood, his past struggles with drugs, and of course Black Sabbath, and I liked that each chapter has an introduction to put everything into perspective. The little icons (a skull, bat (naturally), devil horns and various crosses) between each quote are also a neat touch. Best of all, when I finally gave it to him, my brother loved it.

Reviva Labs Facial Spray, Rosewater, For Normal to Dry Skin, 8-Ounces (Pack of 3)
Offered by OxKom
Price: $23.00
8 used & new from $19.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this stuff, October 28, 2010
This rose water feels really nice on your face and has a light and pleasant scent to boot. I always use it before I put on moisturizer. In the summer I put it in the fridge and on hot days, I can't stop squirting myself in the face; yes, I know that sounds goofy, but it feels so refreshing.

Totally Tubular '80s Toys
Totally Tubular '80s Toys
by Mark Bellomo
21 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back fond memories, October 12, 2010
This book is hugely nostalgic and brings back a lot of great memories of the toys my friends and I used to play with, like Strawberry Shortcake, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, pretending to hunt ghosts with our proton packs from "Ghostbusters," and, of course, spending too many hours and quarters at the arcade playing Pac-Man. As another reviewer noted, the book is organized chronologically, highlighting the toys that came out that year, and the entertainment sections at the end of each year that show the top 10 movies, TV shows and records are a nice touch. There are a lot of great color photos of the toys and games children of the '80s loved and the book is just a whole bunch of fun.

Modern Family: Season 1
Modern Family: Season 1
DVD ~ Ed O'Neill
Price: $10.49
97 used & new from $0.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and hilarious, October 12, 2010
This review is from: Modern Family: Season 1 (DVD)
There is nothing not to love about this show: the writing is stellar and the cast is wonderful. I adore all of the characters, but Manny especially has a special place in my heart, and each episode is a gem, with "Travels with Scout" being my favorite. This is hilarious and heartwarming TV at its finest.

Pontypool
Pontypool
DVD ~ Stephen McHattie
Offered by kylakins
Price: $10.49
23 used & new from $6.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Quiet "zombie" action, September 25, 2010
This review is from: Pontypool (DVD)
As others have noted, this isn't a typical zombie movie. One critic described it as "28 Days Later rewritten by Noam Chomsky," which is pretty accurate. While I do love me some zombie carnage, not seeing any in this movie and instead just hearing about what's going on through eye-witness accounts was actually more unsettling to me. The way the virus starts and spreads is unusual, too. This is more of a slow-burn psychological thriller and I enjoyed it.

Less Than Perfect: Season 1
Less Than Perfect: Season 1
DVD ~ Sara Rue
Offered by Expedited Warehouse
Price: $12.72
10 used & new from $9.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and charming, with a bite, September 22, 2010
This review is from: Less Than Perfect: Season 1 (DVD)
This show is as fun as I remember, with many laugh-out-loud moments, and Sara Rue is a comedic gem and a doll as lead character Claude Casey. Sure, there are some character and plot clichés, but the cast meshes together so hilariously well that I find them easy to overlook. I'm giving this DVD package only 4 stars, though, because there are no extras of any kind, which is a bummer. The order of the episodes on the discs is also a bit out of whack from the original air dates. I honestly didn't even notice this, though, until the final disc; when you get to this one, just make sure the last episode you watch is the season finale, "The Umbrella."
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2011 10:06 PM PDT

Goldmine Standard Catalog of American Records 1948-1991
Goldmine Standard Catalog of American Records 1948-1991
by Martin Popoff
25 used & new from $6.97

5.0 out of 5 stars For the record, this is a great book, September 8, 2010
Cheesy review title aside, the first thing I do when I go to thrift stores is look through the record albums. I collect them just for the fun of it and so I have mostly kitchy music and goofy album covers that have particularly caught my attention. Flipping through this monster-sized book, though, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that, while not in near mint condition, my copy of Dean Martin's Hey Brother Pour the Wine is at least more than the 50 cents I paid for it. At a hefty 1,300+ pages, collectors get lots of valuable information and prices.

Dames, Dolls and Delinquents: A Collector's Guide to Sexy Pulp Fiction Paperbacks
by Gary Lovisi
69 used & new from $6.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Alluring pulp-tarts, September 8, 2010
This is fetching eye candy and a blast to look through. The artwork on the covers of these pulp books by such greats as Robert Maguire and Reginald Heade is fantastic and sometimes cheesy, yet always gorgeous; innocent, yet lurid. The book titles and blurbs are also a total hoot. Author Gary Lovisi has included a variety of terrific covers of sexy and dangerous dames and dolls. I'm really looking forward to his next book coming this fall: Bad Girls Need Love Too.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, September 8, 2010
While this shampoo hasn't quite given me superstar volume, I do notice a difference when I use it. Some people complain about the lack of sudsy action, which sometimes happens with sulfate-free shampoo, but I think it lathers up just fine and is definitely one of the better sulfate-free products I've used.

Comic Book Price Guide
Comic Book Price Guide
by Brent Frankenhoff
Price: $16.68
80 used & new from $0.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, September 8, 2010
This review is from: Comic Book Price Guide (Paperback)
I've recently started toying with idea to start collecting comics, but with so many out there, it's pretty overwhelming to know where to start. This book, however, has been a huge help. It's packed with vital information and thousands of comics covers for easy identification. I also trust the folks at Comics Buyer's Guide to have reliable pricing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5