Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for J. Farrelly > Reviews

Browse

J. Farrelly's Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Farrelly RSS Feed (Hanover, PA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Digging In The Dirt [Explicit]
Digging In The Dirt [Explicit]
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon, Please Revise Listing…., August 4, 2015
BUT…who is setting up PG's catalog of singles here? I've found two singles labelled as explicit and there is nothing explicit about them at all.

Geeeeesh. Get it together, people.

Foxlight
Foxlight
38 used & new from $4.08

5.0 out of 5 stars When will this beauty..., January 22, 2012
This review is from: Foxlight (Audio CD)
... be made available in the US? It's been a pretty long wait since the UK release to make it over the pond.

The previews and you tuberies have been enticing. C'mon, Amazon.

Spud - Learning To Fly
Spud - Learning To Fly
by John Van de Ruit
29 used & new from $0.74

1.0 out of 5 stars I'd like to rate this book higher, May 23, 2011
This review is from: Spud - Learning To Fly (Paperback)
The 1 Star is for Amazon, not the author.

For some reason, we can't even read the sequel but have to pay over a hundred dollars for a used impport? This title might actually convince me to get a Kindle.

When will Amazon make this book available for us in a reasonable price range?

What is the hold-up?

What Matters?: Economics for a Renewed Commonwealth
What Matters?: Economics for a Renewed Commonwealth
by Wendell Berry
Price: $11.51
90 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Call for a New Society, February 20, 2011
This book should be required reading for all citizens of Planet Earth...and that means YOU.

I would love to know if we could send out copies to every person in Congress and in the White House--time is running out--fast. In many ways it carries a very strong sympathetic echo with JG Bennett's Call for a New Society (which has its roots firmly planted in The Sermon on the Mount).

If you care for the future of the planet, this book is a must.

Spud
Spud
by John Van de Ruit
11 used & new from $2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A sure classic, January 27, 2011
This review is from: Spud (Hardcover)
This is a fantastic book....was able to get it incorporated into the summer reading program where I teach English near Gettysburg, PA. While it is proper to categorize it as brilliant YA fiction, I especially enjoy all of the ways that the author brings in the classics as part of The Guv's attempts to educate the precocious protagonist, John "Spud" Milton alongside the silly pop mainstream allusions. There is some method to his scatterings.

Read and enjoyed the sequel every bit as much but am wondering about the follow-ups since they seem to be sold only in South Africa. And the film with the great John Cleese has never made it here yet.

What gives?

I Am America (And So Can You!)
I Am America (And So Can You!)
by Michael C. Brumm
813 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My Only Regret, October 12, 2007
Yes, a regret. If only we could find a way to shrink this book down to size and fashion it into a lapel pin...I would wear it proudly. Perhaps cufflinks, earrings, or even scrotal jewelry.

Farewell to the World (Deluxe Package)
Farewell to the World (Deluxe Package)
DVD ~ Crowded House
Offered by btrdev
Price: $199.99
12 used & new from $99.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Offer Love...., January 25, 2007
Of all of the musical concert purchases I have ever made at Amazon whether instant or through pre-order, this is without question the one I looked forward to the most once the order had been placed. I could not believe that this concert was made available and never expected to hear them again. When I first read about CH in 1999...yep, I missed them as they flew, I had no idea who they were. I had read an online review here, (thank you, whoever you are) took a chance, and I have never regretted it. Forunately, those of us latecomers were able to see and hear Neil and Tim together and alone over the years.

And now to hear that the band is reforming, albeit without their beloved drummer, well, all I can say is despite all the sh#* that goes down in this world, it is a good time to be alive to hear this band make their magic once more.

Meets and exceeds all expectations of a live concert DVD. Let's make it # 1 and keep it there for awhile and allow Neil's band to receive the credit they richly deserve.

Van Morrison: Live at Montreux 1980/1974
Van Morrison: Live at Montreux 1980/1974
DVD ~ Van Morrison
Price: $13.99
42 used & new from $6.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Van, September 30, 2006
So what if he doesn't do encores? They are rather silly exercises in self-congratulation at times. What matters is that on the nights when Van is on and you happen to be in the audience--we are transported with him. No applause necessary.

Thanks to all who brought this DVD to the light of day. Hoping this version of "Summertime in England" is the same as that released on a vinyl EP called "Cry for Home" many years ago. If not, here's hoping that some day on a rarities package of some kind that version will be included.

Peace and Blessings to Van the Man and all the caravan of musicians who have helped bring some light into this world.

Boulevard De I'Independance
Boulevard De I'Independance
Price: $13.99
32 used & new from $2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me want to dance to the passport office!, July 25, 2006
This is one of the finest albums in an Afro World genre that I have ever heard. The liveness of this recording jumps out of your speakers with an energy similar to that from Orchestra Baobab except Diabate has gone big -- a great big band sound. The spirit reminded me a bit of what Van Morrison was able to achieve with the New Caledonia Band (back in the day.) When I heard the horns I thought of Van's arrangments when Pee Wee Ellis was in the band and was pleasantly surprised to find Mr. Ellis' name among the credits on this album. Of course Diabate's wonderful kora playing sweeps in and out of the songs, but it is clear that the conductor is more interested in seeing that everyone in the band has the chance to shine. Truly superb performances by everyone involved. Wish I could give it 10 stars.

Please bring this wonderful music from Mali to concert halls or dance halls or churches--this is the kind of music that transforms and makes our higher nature emerge into the world.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2014 9:37 PM PDT

Winged Migration (Special Edition)
Winged Migration (Special Edition)
DVD ~ Jacques Perrin
37 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't mind being called Birdman so much now...., October 24, 2005
Yes, that was my brother's nickname for me since I spent so much of my life up in the clouds, but now that I have seen this extraordinary work of art, I know what he will be getting in his Christmas stocking this year. A great movie for all lovers of sublime nature. Though "the shots" may take you by surprise.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3