Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for Keith E. Meyers > Reviews

Browse

Keith E. Meyers' Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Keith E. Meyers "CrisisDog" RSS Feed (Warren, MI United States)

Audio Technica AT-LP60 Fully Automatic Stereo Turntable System, Silver
Audio Technica AT-LP60 Fully Automatic Stereo Turntable System, Silver
Price: $99.00
134 used & new from $79.91

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Purchase This..., September 3, 2013
I've had this turntable for several months and it is garbage. It constantly skips on about half of my LPs and playback is not the "awesomeness" you'd expect from a turntable, everything sounds muffled. I thought my records might be dirty, so I have taken a lot of care in cleaning them, but they continue to sound terrible and keep skipping. There are no counterbalance adjustments possible on the tonearm, and I tried replacing the stylus, but still constant skipping. I finally found a makeshift solution to the skipping - I placed a 1/4 inch height under the left side of the turntable to raise it, and now it will play back without the skipping. That still doesn't make up for the muddy sound. I'm looking to invest in a better turntable at this point. Please don't buy this...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2014 10:06 AM PDT

Diamond External Xtreme Sound 7.1-Channel USB Audio Device
Diamond External Xtreme Sound 7.1-Channel USB Audio Device

2.0 out of 5 stars Another Mac User..., May 25, 2012
I can't recommend this device as I've had continuous sound drop outs running OS X Lion on my Mac Pro. In iTunes, I can selet a song to play, but then as I scroll up and down through my list of music, and single click on one item (not even a double click to play the file), the sound cuts out. I also had the same issues running XBMC but much worse, it seemed to stall out more often as I scroll through media lists. If I leave the software alone to just play music or video, it's fine. Another thing I noticed is the main volume is only associated to the front left and front right channels, leaving the center and surround channel volume at a constant level. Thus, using the volume keys on my keyboard was pretty much useless. I was hoping to use this for a dual boot with BootCamp, but there's just too many issues. I have a now discontinued Griffin FireWave that has become much more stable with the release of Lion, but that leaves me stuck with no Windows support for BootCamp and only 5.1 surround.

Katamari Forever - Playstation 3
Katamari Forever - Playstation 3
Offered by MOST WANTED
Price: $23.34
150 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be better..., September 26, 2009
My first experience with the world of Katamaris was with the PSP version, "Me and My Katamari". That version was just insane, I chuckled at the craziness in the relationship between the King and his son, the Prince, and the one liner jokes in the King's dialogue. That alone was a great high point in the game. Unfortunately, that has not been the same with the Xbox 360 version of "Beautiful Katamari" nor do I see it in the PS3 version of "Katamari Forever". I realize it's not part of the actual game play, but just that stupid dialogue between game levels was such a shock and awe that I feel the preceding versions are now somehow inferior.

Other than that, focusing on the game play, it hasn't changed much. Roll the sticky Katamari ball around, pick up stuff in the time period provided. One addition is now being able to "hop", which takes advantage of the PS3 sixaxsis motion by "flipping" the controller up, or if you're lazy, you can just touch the R2 button. And the other main added feature is the graphical rendering style of the game which can be changed.

It's nice to have a Katamari game on the PS3 now with full HDTV visuals, but unfortunately I'm just not as impressed with the game as I was with my first experience through "Me and My Katamari". I've played it on and off for the last few days with my girlfriend, and sadly enough I think we've both become somewhat bored with it already.

Halo 2 - PC
Halo 2 - PC
Price: $19.96
63 used & new from $9.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected..., August 25, 2007
This review is from: Halo 2 - PC (Video Game)
From all the negative reviews I've heard, I was hesitant on picking this title up. I never played the original Xbox version as I still have not gotten used to first person shooters using a control pad; I still prefer a mouse and keyboard. It installed without a problem and plays flawlessly. I do have a rather high end system, running a Pentium D 3.0GHz, two ATI x1800 cards in Crossfire mode, and Vista x64. The mouse and keyboard controls work almost the same as the original Halo version for the PC; there are some differences for dual-wielding of weapons as expected. On-screen hints tell you which keyboard keys to hit in order to pick up weapons or perform actions as did the original Halo for PC so it's not a direct console port just showing the handheld controller buttons as I may have feared. However, my two biggest complaints are:

1. The graphics are slightly worse than the original Halo for PC. They look a little more "cartoonish" and the colors are somewhat washed out in places. I'm not sure if it's meant to be this way, or something with my video card drivers is causing this. But overall a step down in realistic quality from the original Halo for PC.

2. Screen resolution selection only has a few fixed modes to choose from. Again, the original Halo for PC allowed me to choose most any video mode my card would support, including several 16:10 widescreen modes. Halo 2 supports just a handful of standard modes, such as 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1280 x 1024, and the only widescreen mode I have access to is a 16:9 resolution of 1280 x 720. On my 19" widescreen monitor which supports a 16:10 resolution of 1440 x 900, this "blows up" the picture to fill the screen, causing some pixelation, and also leaves me with a "letterboxed" view, with black bars above and below the visible playing field.

Overall, it's not a bad effort. I wouldn't recommend it if you have an Xbox console to play the original version, but if all you have access to is a PC, or you still haven't gotten used to handheld controllers like myself and prefer the mouse and keyboard, it's worth taking a look at.

Wipeout 2097 - Mac
Wipeout 2097 - Mac
Offered by Aspen Distributing
Price: $228.66
11 used & new from $2.76

2.0 out of 5 stars I was really wishing for better Mac version..., September 3, 2002
This review is from: Wipeout 2097 - Mac (Video Game)
I'm a huge Wipeout fan ever since it was one of the first true 3D hardware-enabled titled for the PC. Besides the PC, I've played versions for the PS2 and Nintendo 64. Upon seeing this for the Mac, I just about went nuts and ordered a copy. Nothing but disappointment since. I've tried running it on my older PPC Mac (OS 9.1), but it doesn't like my 3DFX card very much, the frame rate studders quite a bit, and the graphics have a washed-out look. Moving over to my more modern G4 Cube and OSX, the frame rate problem goes away, but the graphics are still very washed out with a 'gray' tone to them along with bad visual effects, like the explosions and hovercraft vapour trails. Network playability also only appears to work under OS 9.1, I haven't figured out how to get the option enabled under OSX. This is not the same quality game I remember from my earlier PC and console gaming days, so far just a big letdown.