Profile for Pookie Jones > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pookie Jones RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Acer Aspire ATC-605-UR2A Desktop (Black)
Acer Aspire ATC-605-UR2A Desktop (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Daddy, I wanna Go Fast !, November 27, 2014
Hmmm... I will keep this really simple. I have Adobe Photoshop CS5 extended version installed on an HP computer that I purchased back in 2009. It takes photoshop about 15 seconds to load its core files and open itself for use on my 2009 HP. I transferred photoshop to this Acer computer. Photoshop loads its core files and opens itself for use on this acer in about 3 to 5 seconds; I click the photoshop app icon, blink my eyes once or twice, the application is open & ready. PERIOD. (FYI photoshop is a HUGE app and its very demanding).

Philips 298X4QJAB 29-Inch Screen, IPS-LCD / LED Monitor, 21:9
Philips 298X4QJAB 29-Inch Screen, IPS-LCD / LED Monitor, 21:9
Price: $389.99
36 used & new from $389.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Try HDMI..., November 27, 2014
I purchased an Acer Computer that did not include a Monitor... I ordered this monitor as the monitor for the new Acer computer. The Acer came with a VGA connection port and does NOT have a DVI port... But this Monitor is DVI (and HDMI) and does NOT have a VGA port... It seemed as if the 2 items would not connect as the acer has no DVI connection port & the Philips has no VGA port... so for 10 minutes I sat at my new desk, with my new Acer, with my new Philips monitor upset & believing that I had purchased incompatiable items... I was wrong... I was stuck in my OLD SCHOOL way of thinking that monitors could only be connected to computers via VGA ports... My acer has an HDMI port & This Philips monitor has an HDMI port... This monitor ships with DVI cable and HDMI cable... so I sat there until I freed my mind... I connected the HDMI ports on the computer & monitor via the included HDMI cable. IT WORKED. Make sure that your computer has a port for DVI or HDMI (VGA not an option) !!!!

Z-Line Claremont Desk
Z-Line Claremont Desk
Offered by OJ Commerce
Price: Click here to see our price
8 used & new from $142.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, November 17, 2014
Almost perfect... Why not a 5 out of 5 perfect rating?
Because:
1.) Two sets of Screws were mislabeled, instruction manual and screw packaging did not match up... I had to use common sense combined with instruction manual illustration to figure out the sets of mislabeled screws... Example of mislabel: Manual said "Screw set B" but on screw set packaging it was "screw set C"... not a big deal since the only difference in screw sets was the length.

2.) Stripped socket on the glass top... The glass top is connected to desk frame via 6 screws / sockets... 1 of the 6 sockets was stripped meaning the screw never tightens completely... My glass desk top is secured with only 5 screws not 6 as designed... even though my desk top is not fully secured by 6 screws as designed the 5 screws make the desk top secure enough... no wobble or issues with 5 out of 6 screws. Desk looks like I paid alot more than I actually paid for it. I am still pleased despite stripped screw / socket.

Desk comes with all the tools you need to assemble desk... no need for your own tools... spare screws included.

Akai Professional MAX25 25-Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller with CV and touch faders
Offered by Van De Lay Industries
Price: $269.84
11 used & new from $269.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Expected, October 12, 2014
Candy Apple Red; Pictures online does not do it justice, looks toyish in photos but in real life it looks as if it just had a paint job with a clearcoat.

This MIDI keyboard depends on your computer, meaning that without your computer it will not make a sound. It comes with Ableton 8 lite and can be upgraded to Ableton 9 lite via ableton's website. Ableton is great once you learn it but the Lite version will only let you record 8 tracks... you will need to upgrade to Ableton Standard or Suite for more than 8 tracks and a deeper sound bank. Ableton Lite comes with a very limited sound bank but thats OK because this keyboard also comes with Ignite software & it has a great sound bank that can be recorded then exported out and loaded up into ableton lite. Ableton lite is great but its only a teaser to make you upgrade to the Ableton standard or suite; Honestly I will be upgrading as I believe ableton is worth the cost based on the Ableton lite version that came free with keyboard. I own FL Studio 9(fruity loops) released before the keyboard was even being sold but the new keyboard works flawlessy with the older FL Studio software. I just prefer the free Ableton Lite software included with keyboard over the Full version of FL Studio. From what I can tell Ableton "Lite" is very similar to Ableton "Intro" that is being sold (Lite comes free with this keyboard). With ableton Lite you get Drum Rack (great for the MPC style pads on this keyboard), Grand piano, Synth, 808s, Ambient Sounds, Guitars, etc. With this keyboard and ableton lite you can definitely put together an 8 track song using just this keyboard and ableton lite (Ignite's sound bank makes up for lite's limited sound bank).

Keyboard can be powered by usb from computer or the power adapter. Power adapter was hidden in foam packaging. I used the keyboard for a week before I realized it had a power adapter in a white box that appears to be part of white foam packaging. Akai assumes that you have a general knowledge of midi controllers judging by the short & to the point owner's manual... but thats ok because it forces you to play around with the keyboard to learn it. I spend hours playing with it... still learning it. I like it. 8 mpc style Pads are NICE. This thing is better than I expected... This keyboard sold me on ableton... Took me a few hours to figure out how to load samples onto the keyboard pads... HINT: to load samples onto keyboard pads = power up keyboard, open ableton then drag & drop the "drum rack" to 1 of the 8 available slots for tracks, then drag & drop samples onto ableton's virtual pads (which will be controlled by keyboard pads)... tap the keyboard pad to hear sample.
Well thats all folks, I am going to go play with my keyboard. Peace.

Old Spice Red Zone Collection Swagger Scent Men's Deodorant Twin Pack 6 Oz
Old Spice Red Zone Collection Swagger Scent Men's Deodorant Twin Pack 6 Oz
Offered by Uplifting Deals
Price: $6.15
13 used & new from $3.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Had me Funky after a few hours, June 14, 2014
Swagger? Cant have swagger if you smell like a chimpanzee. This deoderant fails after 2 hours... I took a shower, dried off and put on this deoderant and went to bed... I woke up smelling like a monkey. IT FAILED IN MY SLEEP.

Swaggerless.... wish I could rate it 0 stars.

CTM® Unisex Leather Cards Keys and Coin Holder
CTM® Unisex Leather Cards Keys and Coin Holder
Offered by BeltOutlet
Price: $18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 years later..., June 14, 2014
I am a male... I ordered this about 2 years ago seems like and I actually have another in my wish list that I had forgotten. Upon seeing the 2nd keyholder in my wish list I decided to write this review on the one I already own. I will admit that this is pretty big for a man to carry; not quite a man purse but almost. With that said, I work in a mechanic shop around all men and we do not hesitate to bully each other... NO MAN HAS EVER SAID ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT MY KEYCHAIN WALLET, therefore it is man approved.

I keep cash and coins in one compartment... and in the other compartment I keep credit cards and driver license.
It is big enough to hold 5 of my credit cards, driver license, cash and coins AND STILL FIT INTO POCKETS of my jeans.

Built in security feature: SIZE... because it is a little on the LARGE size it is hard to lose... I have never lost my keys since having this.

It is GENUINE LEATHER and that means it has become better and softer with age... no rips,no tears, no signs of stress after almost 2 years of daily use.

I drive with this thing hanging from the ignition in my steering column...

Only problem is sometimes I forget to zip it closed after removing money or credit cards from it... but thats my fault not the keyholder's. 5/5 stars

ACDelco 14D154C Advantage Ceramic Front Disc Brake Pad Set with Wear Sensor
ACDelco 14D154C Advantage Ceramic Front Disc Brake Pad Set with Wear Sensor
Offered by RockBottomAuto
Price: $22.84
7 used & new from $22.84

5.0 out of 5 stars 1996 GMC Jimmy, April 24, 2014
Amazon Fit guide told me they would fit my 1996 GMC Jimmy; they did fit. My Jimmy Brakes were making a noise that I would describe as the voice of the devil himself. I replaced my brake pads with these and problem was solved. I watched a youtube how to video and I installed the pads myself ...so far so good.

XMark  Multi Press Squat Rack with Olympic Plate Weight Storage XM-7619
XMark Multi Press Squat Rack with Olympic Plate Weight Storage XM-7619
Offered by Bayou Fitness
Price: $406.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi Rack, March 19, 2014
Used it for the first time then wrote this review. Like a few other reviewers, I purposely installed the gun rack / saw tooth backwards (inside rather than outside) to make racking the weight a little easier. My first workout was flat bench, decline bench, and incline bench, and squats... the rack does what its supposed to do. I assembled it in about 1 hour. comes with touch up paint for nicks and scratches... when I picked up the rack from ups the box it was in looked like some rabid dogs had been chewing on it but since it was so well packaged there were NO scratches or flaws despite the appearance of the outer box. The box is heavy and long. You will need an SUV to get it home if it is not delivered to your door step. My rack was held at UPS customer center and the man at the desk knew my package as soon as I gave my address... UPS MAN: "I hope you're not here with a car... I'll have to help you load this".

Olympic Dumbbell Handle  w/ Chrome Training Collars
Olympic Dumbbell Handle w/ Chrome Training Collars
Offered by Etailz
Price: $24.99
4 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost 2ft LONG, March 6, 2014
I think these are 10-15lbs each... so if you add 2 10lb plates to one of these its like 20+10... like a 30lb dumbbell. 20 inches long. No complaints.

CAP Barbell Olympic 2-Inch Spring Clip Collars, Pair
CAP Barbell Olympic 2-Inch Spring Clip Collars, Pair
Price: $13.00
20 used & new from $11.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy, March 6, 2014
The first thing I noticed about the clamps is the weight... they are thicker and heavier than the clamps that came with my curl bar... they are thicker and heavier than clamps at my former gym which decided to ban/close its doors to anyone who refuses to sign up for personal training sessions... the clamps are a nice addition to my home gym that I am putting together ...5 stars

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4