Profile for kbpaulie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kbpaulie RSS Feed

Still LoLo: A Spinning Propeller, a Horrific Accident, and a Family's Journey of Hope
by Marcus Brotherton
85 used & new from $0.03

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, inspirational books I've read, January 19, 2013
I'm not a big reader, but couldn't put this one down. It's such a story of hope and triumph from the parents to Laruen. Well written. Awe inspiring. I appreciated her maturity and vulnerability.

With a Little Faith, Second Edition
With a Little Faith, Second Edition
by Jude Stringfellow
Price: $15.54
69 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, January 15, 2013
I've seen Faith on videos and had high hopes for the book. It didn't really meet my expectations. It started out good so I kept reading. When it seemed to be more of the same I kept reading hoping it would get better, it didn't get there. Seemed to be about how the author kept speaking her mind and getting herself into situations. Not about a dog, as I'd hoped and expected. Nor a "pick me up" sort of book.

Not to be picky, but there were so many grammar errors - to the point of being very distracting - and this from an English teacher.

Wouldn't recommend it to others.

How I Live Now
How I Live Now
by Meg Rosoff
Price: $8.89
183 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Appropriate for Young Adults, September 30, 2012
This review is from: How I Live Now (Paperback)
This was highgly recommended by another adult friend. I wanted to like it. I kept reading it waiting for it to get better. It never did. I feel like I wasted my time - although it's a fairly quick read. Interesting concept of war. However, the plot revolved significantly around underage infatuation and even S*X between underaged cousins. Really? We don't need more of that. And I don't feel like there was a real point to the story. Save your time and also give your kids quality books that fill their mind w/ wholesomeness and not junk.

I, Juan de Pareja
I, Juan de Pareja
by Elizabeth DeTrevino
Price: $7.99
124 used & new from $0.52

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, September 26, 2012
This review is from: I, Juan de Pareja (Paperback)
A good story about a "negro" slave boy that serves a spanish artist. Has Spanish history. Age 9 years old.

100 Hikes in The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Second Edition
100 Hikes in The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Second Edition
by Russ Manning
Price: $14.25
33 used & new from $0.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for our weekend Away, April 16, 2012
We spent a weekend in the Smokies and this book was great. It had the hikes we were looking for and details on what to look for along the way. I'd say the maps aren't great trail maps, but are good for knowing where to park your car. Used this book after ditched another book that had too little info. Would love to see this broken into a list of day hikes and overnight hikes.

Day and Overnight Hikes: Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Day and Overnight Hikes: Great Smoky Mountains National Park
by Johnny Molloy
Price: $9.86
51 used & new from $3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Missing Trails We Wanted, April 16, 2012
Like the elevation maps that are provided in the book. Let's you know what your 6 mile hike really looks like. We were in the Smokies for a weekend and some of the main trails weren't in there (or we didn't find them) - like a trail to Mt. LeConte, for example. Looks like if you were planning an overnight trip it may be useful at it tells you where to hike and where to get water. (But be warned, some of these hikes look long and tough!) We also had along "100 Hikes in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park" by R. Manning and found this book more useful for our needs.

Melissa & Doug Pasture Pals
Melissa & Doug Pasture Pals
Price: $18.80
74 used & new from $12.39

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a Winner, October 13, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pasture Pals (Toy)
We gave this as a gift to 2, 4 & 6 year old sisters. Huge hit! They loved it. Was great b/c there were enough of them there was no fighting. Cute box. Sturdy. I find you can rarely go wrong w/ Melissa and Doug products and they've done it again!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last longer than 3 weeks, October 13, 2011
This is a great idea. You put this on the soap pump, push down and hear a tune. The kids (ages 5 & 8) were great at washing their hands longer and could be seen dancing along. But.... this lasted less than 3 weeks. The manufacturer's response was, "I can't guarantee how long they (the distributor) may have held it before you got it. Batteries that sit in the unit still experience some drain. Sorry you didn't have a better experience." But I'm not willing to spend money to try it again. It's unfortunate, this was going to be everyone's stocking stuffer this year!