Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her  Fine Art Deals Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on DOTD
Profile for Bradley Miller > Reviews

Bradley Miller's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bradley Miller "Brad" RSS Feed (Luther College, Decorah, IA)

Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Folder 15
Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Folder 15

5.0 out of 5 stars Made living out of a suitcase a breeze, January 26, 2011
I have just returned from a 3 week tour of Germany, Switzerland, Italy, London, and New York City. One suitcase, with two Eagle Creek Pack-it folder 15's and one 20. The 20 was great for pants, and some nice Kuhl wool sweaters for layering. Dress shirts and crew necks went in one of the 15's and base layers went in another. Total bag weight was just 35 pounds. Socks and underwear went in a pair of Eagle Creek half cubes. It was so nice, everything stayed neat and organized, the shirts and pants did not wrinkle. As we moved about from day to day it was so easy to pack up the suitcase by stacking in the folders. When we arrived at a new place I could just pull the folders out and lay them on the extra bed or a table and it was easy to find everything I needed to get dressed the next day.

This is the first time I've tried using this system, and it is so much better than just dumping everything in your suitcase you can't imagine. If you have a big trip coming up, do yourself a favor and get your suitcase organized with this gear.

Core Java, Volume II--Advanced Features (8th Edition): 2 (Sun Core Series)
Core Java, Volume II--Advanced Features (8th Edition): 2 (Sun Core Series)

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition not a good buy, June 24, 2008
Like many reviewers I find the the Core Java series to be very valuable. However, be forewarned that the kindle edition is not a good representation of the book. The figures are completely useless either because they have not taken the time to convert them properly or because the kindle technology is simply incapable of displaying non-text content properly. I wish I had known this before I paid for the kindle edition of this book.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2009 6:39 PM PST

VMware Fusion - Old Version
VMware Fusion - Old Version
12 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock Solid, Very Compatible, November 25, 2007
After using Parallels for a year on my MacBook Pro, I decided to try VMware about a month ago. I didn't realize how much I was missing.

First, I've always struggled getting the latest Ubuntu releases to work on Parallels. For example I have to manually turn on networking every boot. After installing Ubuntu on VMware it just works.

Second, and even more importantly I run Windows XP primarily for use with my Garmin 60cx gps unit. On vacation in Europe last summer it drove me crazy that Parallels would just die, I had to carefully choose the smallest set of maps to download or the map transfer would seem to work but when I tried to set up a route on the 60cx I would get errors. After installing VMware I used the handy VMware Importer to transfer my windows image. As a test I tried to download the maps for all of North America. It worked flawlessly the first try. Not only that but I can create routes to even the most remote locations without error.

Finally, I really appreciate that the guest operating systems seem more snappy under VMware, while at the same time it is more friendly with my mac applications. I don't feel like my machine is bogged down when I leave a virtual machine running in the background.

I mentioned the VMware importer, which is great, the only problem I had when I imported my windows image was that I had turned on desktop sharing in parallels. When I first booted under vmware I could not get to My Documents and I could not install the VMware tools. A couple of quick edits to the registry fixed that problem and everything works just fine.