Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD
Profile for JKS > Reviews

Browse

JKS's Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JKS RSS Feed (Oklahoma, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Cree BB13-03527OMC-12DE12-1C600 TW Series 40W Equivalent Candelabra Decorative Dimmable LED Light Bulb (3-Pack), Soft White
Offered by Fine Finishes Antiques
Price: $15.85
19 used & new from $11.50

3.0 out of 5 stars My experience with the Philips-branded dimmable candelabra bulbs is much better, with much more light output below the bulb ..., January 11, 2016
I've tested several brands of "40W-equivalent" candelabra LED bulbs purchased from another retailed (an orange HarDware store). The light distribution from these Cree bulbs was quite suboptimal for my application (chandelier above dining room table). There is a relative minimum in light output from the top of the bulb, which didn't bother me much, since the top of the bulb is pointed towards the ceiling. Unfortunately, the large base and vertical nature of the "diffuser" means that there is also a very strong minimum in light output below the bulb. Since the chandelier is mounted over the table, the net result was actually very limited light making it to the table -- most of the light was project horizontally, outward from the level/height of the chandelier (which is ~5-6 feet above the floor and ~3 feet above the table). This effect was unwanted, and I ended up moving the bulbs to a ceiling fan/light fixture, which has the light bulbs pointing more downward instead of upward. The minimum in light output at the top of the bulbs in this case isn't a big problem.

My experience with the Philips-branded dimmable candelabra bulbs is much better, with much more light output below the bulb (say 10-30 degrees off from directly below the bulb). Although our dining room table isn't lit quite as well with the Philips bulbs as it was with incandescents, the Philips bulbs are markedly better for this application than are these Cree bulbs.

Solid Gear TFX12V 350-Watts Power Supply SDGR-TFX350
Solid Gear TFX12V 350-Watts Power Supply SDGR-TFX350
Offered by PB Group
Price: $49.99
14 used & new from $31.21

1.0 out of 5 stars Had two, each lasted <6 months., May 24, 2015
I've ordered two in less than a year, and each has lasted me less than 6 months. In the past week, the fan on the power supply stopped working. As such, the unit/housing gets extremely hot, and my motherboard shuts off the computer owing to voltage spikes. Utter garbage. The case has good ventilation, and my previous PSU (a different brand that came with the case) lasted about 3 years before one of the 12 v rails began to fail.

Nesco FD-80A Square-Shaped Dehydrator Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging
Nesco FD-80A Square-Shaped Dehydrator Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging
Price: $66.12
7 used & new from $56.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but cleanup is kind of a pain, May 17, 2014
I like to make jerky and dehydrated fruits, and this machine is good for that. The max temp of 160 F is supposedly "safe" for jerky making since it ends up cooking the meat in the process of dehydrating it, reducing the risk of food-born illness. Clean-up, however, is a bit of a chore. This is probably typical of all dehydrators, but the "webbing" used on each try is sometimes very difficult to clean thoroughly, especially if you have something like jerky strips that drip some of the marinade and juices. The trays are a little too big to lay flat in my kitchen sink, which otherwise would have made soaking them much easier.

Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Protein, Naturally Flavored French Vanilla, 4 Pound
Price: $50.39
4 used & new from $50.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Different flavor than the (non "natural") vanilla, May 17, 2014
I had just finished up the "non-natural" vanilla casein powder when I opted to try this "natural" french vanilla flavor. I liked the regular vanilla (which comes in a jug with a blue label), but this natural french vanilla tastes like caramel/carmel. If you are okay with a caramel flavor, it'll probably be fine for you. I'm a little more "on the fence", though. As expected given the brand (ON), the nutrition profile is good.

Powerbar Protein Plus 20g, Vanilla, 2.12-Ounce Bars (Pack of 15)
Powerbar Protein Plus 20g, Vanilla, 2.12-Ounce Bars (Pack of 15)
Price: $19.55
17 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Taste good and have a decent nutrition profile, May 17, 2014
Many so-called "protein bars" are more like candy bars with a little protein thrown in. The PowerBar Protein Plus bars have a legit 20 g of protein in a bar that has approximately 200 calories. That's not too shabby. The flavor and texture are acceptable, which makes this my go-to protein bar.

Do Bears Buzz?: A Book About Animal Sounds (Animals All Around)
Do Bears Buzz?: A Book About Animal Sounds (Animals All Around)
by Michael Dahl
Edition: Library Binding
13 used & new from $3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, scary illustrations, May 17, 2014
My son loves "interactive" books, those that let him lift flaps, etc.. This book is good for that, and it seems to be sturdy and tough (as in the flaps won't rip off easily). That said, the illustrations are, if not "scary", at least very strange. This isn't a book that needs "life-like" drawings, but the animals look quite strange, as if they were drawn by an 10-yr old learning how to use water colors.

Torani Sugar-Free Syrup, Classic Caramel, 25.4-Ounce Bottle
Torani Sugar-Free Syrup, Classic Caramel, 25.4-Ounce Bottle
Offered by MyCoffeeShopSupplier
Price: $9.09
3 used & new from $9.09

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, fake tasting, July 25, 2013
I could not drink more than a single cup of coffee with this flavoring -- it was absolutely wretched. I really like some of the other Torani flavors, but classic caramel tasted extraordinarily "fake" and "chemically". It's difficult to explain, except to say that it didn't taste one single iota like caramel to me. I've only contacted product manufacturers a couple of times in my life to complain about a product, and this is one that I probably should have contacted. I seriously thought something had tainted the production or caused it to go rancid. Judging for the slew of poor reviews here, however, I guess this was actually the intended flavor.

Skip Hop Duo Deluxe Diaper Bag ,Deluxe Black
Skip Hop Duo Deluxe Diaper Bag ,Deluxe Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Size is okay, quality is not, May 10, 2013
I have had this bag for 10 months, only really using it for the last 2 months. It has almost completely fallen apart already. I can fit most everything in it that I want but stuff falls out because there is a bunch of tears in the seams. Pretty dissapointing!

Green Mountain Coffee, Dark Magic (Extra Bold), K-Cup Portion Pack for Keurig Brewers 24-Count
Offered by JavaFly
Price: $16.99
39 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great ice coffee!, March 2, 2013
I haven't yet gotten used to the "pure" coffee yet -- I'm still a fan of iced coffee with some creamer and maybe a flavor shot (e.g., Torani vanilla) -- and I typically haven't been a fan of dark coffee roasts since I find them too be too bitter and acidic-tasting. However, this is now one of my favorite K-cups for iced coffee. When I make iced coffee, this one is strong enough to shine gently through the creamer and flavor shot, yet it's not too bitter and doesn't have a nasty "burnt" flavor. So, if you're looking for something to try with iced coffee, I suggest giving Dark Magic a try!

Nature's Path Organic Instant Hot Oatmeal Pouch Flax Plus, 8-Count Boxes (Pack of 6)
Offered by Nutricity
Price: $36.76
13 used & new from $25.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Four ingredients and a delicious taste, February 13, 2013
Nature's Own Organic Flax Plus oatmeal has four ingredients -- rolled oats, evaporated cane sugar, flax seeds, and sea salt. That's it. No "natural and artificial flavors". No food coloring. Nothing except those four ingredients. Even better, it tastes great. Each packet contains ~20% of the daily recommended fiber (for a 2000 calorie diet, as is always the case for nutrition labels), and, again, it tastes better than Quaker instant oatmeal. Granted, it's more expensive than the "popular" brands, but it's worth it, in my opinion.

Page: 1 | 2