Profile for Cynthia E. Downes > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 398

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cynthia E. Downes "Cindy Downes" RSS Feed (Broken Arrow, OK, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tacwise Z3-140 Heavy Duty Hand Tacker/Staple Gun for 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 1/2 and 9/16 Inches Long Staples, Silver/Orange (TAC0806)
Price: $19.95
2 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the product AND the service!, May 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had some trouble with the first one I received; however, one email to the company and they immediately shipped me out a replacement that I received in two days. Awesome service!

The gun works as described. Load staples and shoot. I tried it on hardwood and cardboard; both worked without a hitch. The handle locks down for easier storage. For safety, I prefer to unload the gun when not in use; however, it is supposed to be safe with the lock on. Highly recommended.

Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver Africa Amethyst Owl Pendant Necklace, 18"
Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver Africa Amethyst Owl Pendant Necklace, 18"

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun conversation piece, April 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This necklace is a fun conversation piece - several people stopped me to comment on my amethyst owl. The chain is extremely fine; consequently easy to break. However, it is a delicate necklace and looks nice on the fine chain. No diamonds on this one; just the amethyst.

Spectrum Algebra
Spectrum Algebra
by Spectrum
Price: $8.97
36 used & new from $6.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for reviewing basic algebra, April 29, 2015
This review is from: Spectrum Algebra (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As an Algebra tutor, I like to continue to review my own skills as well as those of my students. This product covers most every skill in a basic Algebra class: adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing Integers; distribution property; solving equation; factoring; powers and exponents; fractions; negative exponents; scientific notation; rational and irrational numbers; proportion, percent, and interest; functions and graphing equations; solving inequalities; slope, rate of change; constructing and analyzing function graphs.

It works like this: Take a pretest. Then work through similar problems to refresh your skills in the areas you are weak. Take a post test. For less than $10, this is a gem!

Don't expect this book to teach you what you don't know; however, if you have an algebra background and are looking for a way to review, this is an excellent choice.

Mirrotek Over The Door Combination Jewelry and Makeup Armoire, White
Mirrotek Over The Door Combination Jewelry and Makeup Armoire, White
Price: $171.50
3 used & new from $171.50

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the perfect fit for my new retirement cottage, April 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the perfect fit for my new retirement cottage. We recently downsized and space is very limited. This product not only saves space elsewhere, but makes organizing my jewelry fun! I'm sure everyone can relate to necklace tangle! Well, you don't have to worry about that with this product. There are shelves, bins, and hanging pins for just about everything in your jewelry box and perhaps your cosmetic box as well. The box came well packaged with no damage. It was easy to put together - all I had to do was install some pins and pop in the shelves. You do have to make sure they don't interfere with door shutting. After I got my jewelry on, I had to reinstall some of the bins as the necklaces got in the way. It hangs nicely on the back of the door and takes very little extra space. I barely notice that the shelf is there when the door is closed. I love it!

GE Enbrighten LED Lantern (Red)
GE Enbrighten LED Lantern (Red)
Offered by antonline
Price: $45.72
12 used & new from $39.15

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product, April 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an awesome battery powered lamp. What I like about it is:
#1 It's light weight
#2 It has three light settings; great for a night light or bright light. The bright is really bright!
There is really not much to say except it's a great product. I threw my old battery powered lamp away.

BIC Pencil Xtra Fun, #2 HB, 18-Count
BIC Pencil Xtra Fun, #2 HB, 18-Count
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The kids like them!, April 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I teach highschool students and find these make great "rewards." They are a bit different, so the kids like them. The lead is strong, which is good. I pressed as hard as I could and couldn't get the lead to break. Another reviewer commented on the lightness of the writing using this pencil. I didn't have that problem. Yes, it's a bit lighter, but not enough be make much difference. However, what I did discover is that it is easier to write with a #2 pencil than with one of these BIC Xtra Fun pencils. There is a bit more friction between the lead and paper than with a regular #2 pencil. For kids who struggle with fine motor skills, these might be a bit harder to use. But, for me, the bottom line is that they are fun pencil to use. The kids will like them.

DII Mesh Caddie Perfect for College Dorm, Pools, Gyms, Beaches, Locker Rooms, Bathrooms, Shower, Portable Collapsible Shower Caddie, Pink
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of potential uses, April 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The design of this is good, not perfect. The handle does not stay on my shower head. That is the fault of my shower head more than the basket, as it is too short. Just know that if you have a short shower head, it probably won't hang on it. The basket is about 5"x7" inside with six pockets around. I like this because you can organize your supplies in it and keep them separate. The biggest turn-off for me is the smell. It has a strong smell which I hope will dissipate with time. In the meantime, I'm going to have to place it outside until it does. Overall, a great product with lots of potential uses, whether you use it on the shower or somewhere else. I plan on using it at the pool.

Olay Fresh Effects Clear Skin Acne Hater Deep Scrub, Salicylic Acid, 5 Fluid Ounce
Price: $6.99
6 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile product - definitely works!, April 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product improves your skin even if it does not totally clear up the acne. After using for two week, my skin is clearer, smoother, and younger looking. The acne is still there under the surface, but it is barely noticeable. Although I got this as a sample, I will be purchasing more of this product. I like the scent as well. If you are looking for something that will make acne less traumatic, this is a great choice. It won't cure it, but it definitely improves your skin and appearance. Highly recommended.

After three weeks, my face is almost all clear. The results were achieved by washing it once a day with Olay Fresh Effects. It got rid of the pimples and then the red bumps. I will buy this product again regardless of the cost because it is so good!

Bialetti 06702 8-Cup French Press Coffee Maker, Premium Stainless Steel, Silver
Bialetti 06702 8-Cup French Press Coffee Maker, Premium Stainless Steel, Silver
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., April 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have never used a French Press before, but I thought I'd give it a try. Here's my thoughts on this one: First: It's very attractive and something that I would bring out when I have guests as well as leave on the counter. I like that! Next: Quality - the quality is excellent. I did not see any problems with the workmanship. Next: It was easy to use. Never having used one before, I thought it might be difficult, but it wasn't. The directions were simple to follow and it worked as directed. Finally: the coffee. That will depend on the brand of coffee you use. I am going to try some other flavors and change how long I steep the brew. But so far, I am impressed with this coffee maker!

DII Insulated Casserole Carrier for Perfect for Summer Picnics, BBQ's, Potlucks and Parties, Monogramming Checkered, Red/White
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Best in this price category, April 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a carrier specifically made for my Pyrex dish which is much sturdier than this one and will probably last longer; however, it is also more expensive. This one works well for the price. It's also a lot prettier AND the handles make it easier to carry. For the price, this is a good buy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20