Profile for tbro4033 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 123

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

tbro4033 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Motorola Turbo USB Travel Charger
Motorola Turbo USB Travel Charger

4.0 out of 5 stars Works As Advertised, November 26, 2014
Came with my Droid Turbo. As the other reviewer mentioned, kind of disappointing that they weren't able to make the charger smaller. I imagine they'll develop a smaller turbo charger in the future, but this is all there is for now. Works as advertised. Charges my Turbo quickly, close to 20% in 15 minutes (which considering the size of the battery, that's pretty good). Recommend turning data/WiFi/location/Bluetooth/etc if you need a rapid charge, as that will obviously speed things up. It does make the phone warm (compared to a normal USB charger), so I only use it when I need a quick charge at work. Luckily, that's rare - I've only used it like twice in the month I've had the phone, since the battery is so good to begin with. I know heat is generally bad for batteries, which is why I am cautious to use the charger more regularly, but I'd be surprised if they provided purchasers with a charger that will knowingly degrade the battery.

Summary: Charges fast, as advertised. A little bulky, also makes the phone warm (compared to normal charger). Only use when I need a quick charge.

Proraso Anti Irritation Pre-shaving Cream with Green Tea and Oatmeal 3.6 Oz.
Proraso Anti Irritation Pre-shaving Cream with Green Tea and Oatmeal 3.6 Oz.
Price: $11.47
25 used & new from $10.95

1.0 out of 5 stars For Me, It's Pro-Irritation Cream, September 3, 2014
Disclaimer: I have pretty sensitive skin, easily irritated when shaving. I moved to wet shaving with a double edged safety razor about a year ago and fell in love. Far less irritation, allowing me a close shave, though still not without any irritation.

Figured I'd give this a shot, considering it claims anti-irritation. Ouch. I probably gave this product about 10-15 good tries before giving up on it. Along the way, I consulted more experienced shavers on forums with varying advice on how to use it (yes, I followed the provided instructions, too) with no luck. This actually made my shaves unbearably rough and gave me way more irritation than without it. Maybe it works for some people, but for me, it actually made shaving miserable.

Summary: Made my shaves incredibly rough and left me with lots more irritation. Would not recommend.

Epica Cut Resistant Gloves with CE Level 5 Protection, 1 Pair
Epica Cut Resistant Gloves with CE Level 5 Protection, 1 Pair
Offered by Perella's
Price: $14.95
2 used & new from $5.09

5.0 out of 5 stars No More Fingertips Left On the Chopping Board, September 3, 2014
Great protection for slicing/chopping type injuries. I stuck a carrot in a finger of the glove and was not able to cut it with a knife, which certainly gave me a little added confidence in using the gloves. However, this doesn't really provide much, if any, protection from stabbing type injuries. If you poke the glove directly with the point of the blade, it can certainly make it's way through the glove and into your fingers/hand. Aside from the added protection, these are easy to wash - you can toss them straight into the washer. Just let them air dry, and they're good to go!

Summary: Great protection for those less-than experts in the kitchen like myself. Good idea for anyone working in a kitchen, too, I'd imagine. Machine washable, air dry.

InterDesign Axis Tie/Belt Rack, Chrome
InterDesign Axis Tie/Belt Rack, Chrome
Price: $9.99
8 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great For Belts, Wouldn't Recommend for Ties, September 3, 2014
Works well enough. Make sure you put your belts on spread out as evenly as possible. Tends to tip if the weight isn't distributed pretty evenly. Pretty solid for belts, though I wouldn't recommend it for holding ties. It doesn't have a very smooth finish, so I believe the inconsistencies in the coating could snag into the fabric of your ties and ruin them pretty easily. However, I think it's a great addition to your closet if you need a place to hang your belts.

New Nike Men's Air One TR Cross Trainer Grey/Cobalt 10.5
New Nike Men's Air One TR Cross Trainer Grey/Cobalt 10.5

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, A Bit Narrow (Typical Nike), September 3, 2014
I love the style and color combo (Grey + Blue) of these sneakers. Great traction on the soles. They fit pretty much as I expected them to. A little narrower than most of my other (non-Nike) sneakers, but that always seems to be the case. I don't have particularly wide feet, but Nike has a reputation for putting out narrow sneakers and I think these fall right in line with that stereotype. I wouldn't say they are uncomfortable in that sense, but certainly a little snug.

Summary: Stylish, fit as expected (somewhat narrow like other Nike sneakers). Would definitely buy again.

RazoRock Alum Block
RazoRock Alum Block
Offered by Bellezz
Price: $6.99
4 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Less Cracking Than Other Alum Bars, September 3, 2014
Good old alum. Quite a bit more expensive than many of the other alum blocks to be found on Amazon, however, since purchasing this one, I doubt I'll go back. I feel like the RazoRock Alum doesn't wear down and crack as quickly as my previous alum blocks. Great for closing up nicks from shaving. Doesn't work quite as well as a styptic pencil, which I save for bigger nicks, but the alum block works great for reducing irritation and closing up the smaller cuts.

Summary: A little pricey for alum, but in my experience, this alum has lasted longer than previous cheaper alum bars I've used.

Taco Bell Chipotle Sauce, 8 oz
Taco Bell Chipotle Sauce, 8 oz
Offered by 111 Enterprises LLC
Price: $7.19
14 used & new from $7.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Hiding Unsavory Flavors, September 3, 2014
This stuff is insanely delicious. I was hooked on Boar's Head Chipotle Gourmaise for a while. Since I moved, I haven't been able to find it in the grocery stores, so I gave this stuff a shot. It has a very similar taste, but it is more "liquidy" than the Gourmaise. I put it on just about anything that needs a flavor boost (or often, hiding crappy flavors of the food I make) - Chicken, Steak, Fish, etc. It's even good mixed in with rice. I highly recommend this stuff. If you find it in the grocery store, you can grab it pretty cheap.

Summary: Great taste, moderately spicy (subjective, obviously), goes great on virtually any meat, rice, etc.

Ostart Black Retractable Lanyard Reel Nylon Cord for ID Card Key Badge Holder
Ostart Black Retractable Lanyard Reel Nylon Cord for ID Card Key Badge Holder
Offered by Sunday & May
Price: $1.99
3 used & new from $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage. Lasted 2 weeks., August 19, 2014
Only 1 review when I purchased, should have known better. You get what you pay for. Bought this lanyard, lasted a whole 2 weeks. Literally exploded yesterday when using it. The retractable reel never felt quality from the start, now it's in the trash after spraying its parts on the hospital floor. Yes it's cheap, but if it only lasts a couple weeks, is it really worth it?

Clubman Pinaud Dab-On Nick Relief, 0.25 Ounce
Clubman Pinaud Dab-On Nick Relief, 0.25 Ounce
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $4.82
24 used & new from $2.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Alternative to Styptic Pencil, May 7, 2014
When I began wet shaving a while back, I looked into all the pieces I'd need. Someone strongly recommended liquid styptic over the traditional styptic pencil I had been using for years, so I gave it a shot. I've got to say, it works pretty darn well. I haven't needed to replace it in the year since I purchased it, so it goes a long way. It's quick and easy to use and doesn't leave the bright white residue like a traditional styptic. That being said, I think I still prefer the styptic pencil for larger nicks and cuts, as the liquid doesn't seem to stop the bleeds as well. If I'm in a real pinch for time though, I'll use the liquid styptic and head out the door, confident that I can lick my finger and quickly swipe away any residue that it did leave.

Summary: Quicker than traditional styptic pencil, but doesn't stop larger nicks and cuts as well.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, Does Its Job, May 7, 2014
For the price, it'd be hard to find a better toiletry bag. While the leather exterior feels a little cheap, I think for $10, you won't find better. It looks nice, has a large handle for carrying, and a very spacious main compartment with a smaller, front compartment. So far, it has survived a long interview season during which I made about 15-20 trips and it looks no worse for the wear. It easily fits my toiletry needs, save for my electric toothbrush (which has its own, large, hard case). I am a traditional wet shaver, which means I carry with me a bowl of shaving soap, a razor, blades, alum bar, styptic pencils, aftershave lotion, preshave lotion, shaving brush, brush stand, razor disposal bottle along with all the other essentials (deodorant, cologne, toothpaste, etc). Like I said, it all fits.

Summary: Great toiletry bag at an even greater price. Definitely recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13