Profile for Fermina Daza > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Fermina Daza RSS Feed (TX,)

Page: 1 | 2
Orphan Train: A Novel
Orphan Train: A Novel
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good reed, June 9, 2014
An easy to read fiction sprouted on historical grounds. Like many other readers this was the first time I ever heard of orphan trains. The book is elegantly written yet an easy read .,.I would like my 12 year old son to read it too to see how things were and how life has changed.

Atlas Sculpture - H: 12.5 Inch - Greek God of Heaven and Astronomy - Desktop Office Statue with Hidden Compartment
Offered by King Tut's Secret
Price: $69.00
4 used & new from $69.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not bronze, May 5, 2014
I give this statue 4 stars only because of my own ignorance. I didn't know that cold cast bronz is not metal. Given that the statue is attractive it looks like it is made out of bronz, the sky globe is roomy to keep small treasures. My son loves it.

Senseo Coffee Pods, Breakfast Blend, 18 Count (Pack of 4)
Senseo Coffee Pods, Breakfast Blend, 18 Count (Pack of 4)
Price: $26.80
2 used & new from $26.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting coffee, March 31, 2014
Stores don't sell these coffee pods anymore where I live so I buy them on Amazon. I find the Senseo brand really high quality, great tasting coffee. People who come to my house and have coffee always positively comment on it.

Officially Licensed DC Comics Green Lantern Hoodie Sweatshirt
Officially Licensed DC Comics Green Lantern Hoodie Sweatshirt
Offered by Gravity Trading
Price: $49.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Huge, December 22, 2013
I bought this for my comics lover son, an almost teenager, thought the adult small might be a bit roomy but OK.Well, It is huge, it is way too big for me , I am 5'4 (female). On the positive side. It looks great, well made, heavy cotton, beautiful dark green. The one star deduction is for the sizing.

Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness
Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, November 10, 2013
This would have been great in 20 pages in Readers Digest but when it comes to literature, this is not. I started to skip pages about 1/10th into the book and I am still not done. Half of it is just clipped out of medical textbooks and most of it just plain uninteresting. Save yourself some time and money and buy another book.
The dedicated medical professionals who help people come through ordeals like this,investigate, research and don't rest until they find the answer, they deserve all the credit and praise not an inflated story.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2014 10:47 PM PST

Leven Thumps and the Ruins of Alder: 5
Leven Thumps and the Ruins of Alder: 5
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Son loves it, April 24, 2013
My 10 year old son is in fierce competition for AR first place in his grade. He loves and almost exclusively reads fantasy books. He loved every one in this series.

The Orchid Thief: A True Story of Beauty and Obsession (Ballantine Reader's Circle)
by Susan Orlean
Price: $12.15
646 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, March 1, 2013
If I bought this book I would have titled my review with "I Want My Money Back" but I received it as a gift as I am an amateur orchid collector and I also love to read.
It started out interesting as the author travelled down to Florida to meet the alleged orchid thief who was just about to stand trial for smuggling out of Seminole territory the beautiful, mysterious and endangered Ghost orchid. It looked like it was going to be a "trial book" with twists and suspense. After a short introduction of the protagonist we were treated with interesting, sometimes fascinating facts about orchids and the early orchid hunters (this is why I gave two stars instead of one). This was engaging and I kept on reading thinking that after this clever intermezzo the storyline will be picked up.
But the storyline kind of stopped as loose stories about Florida, nurseries, orchids, Florida orchid nurseries, Seminole Indians, nurseries just went on, and on and on and on.
Short mention about the outcome of the trial nearing the end of the book and then more stories. At that point I stopped reading and the book is one of the very few I left unfinished. Even though I have a keen interest in orchids, this was just not for me.

Kikkerland Camera Pencil Sharpener, Black (SC12)
Kikkerland Camera Pencil Sharpener, Black (SC12)
Price: $14.50
18 used & new from $9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works !, February 14, 2012
This sharpener may look cute but most importantly it gets the job done and does it effortlessly and nicely. It ended my saga looking for a well built sharpener that won't cramp my fingers like the little hand held ones that notoriously get lost. It needs no electricity, doesn't use suction cups, you simply hold it down to a flat surface with one hand and crank the handle with the other. The nicest feature is that it stops when your pencil is done. It makes beautiful, smooth tips too. Love it, recommend it ! Check out my newly sharpened pencils under the official picture !
Comment Comment | Permalink

Szaloncukor Jelly, 13.4 oz (380g)
Szaloncukor Jelly, 13.4 oz (380g)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, January 7, 2012
This goes really fast when I buy it for Christmas. It is chocolate covered jelly, not overly sweet, lemon and orange flavored.

Multipet's 9-Inch Latex Polka Dot Globlet Pig Dog Toy, Assorted Colors
Multipet's 9-Inch Latex Polka Dot Globlet Pig Dog Toy, Assorted Colors
Price: $8.12
19 used & new from $6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Most beloved toy, January 7, 2012
My mom's great dane simply adores this toy. It was love at first sight. He used to carry around his pillow, now wherever he goes the pig goes with him, sleeps with him. They are inseparable !
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2012 11:23 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2