Profile for Tom S > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tom S RSS Feed (Upstate NY, USA)

Totes Golf Size Auto-Open/Close Umbrella
Totes Golf Size Auto-Open/Close Umbrella

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value - highly recommend, October 12, 2011
This umbrella has far exceeded my expectations. The auto-open is quick and powerful with just the push of a button. I have used this in light and moderate rains with moderate wind gusts. It has held up better than two other umbrellas that I had blow inside-out. The open size, for me, is just right. Large enough for two people walking close, or me and two of my kids, yet small enough to still be convenient. The handle could be just a bit larger, but I have very large hands. For the average person, the handle should be just right. The handle is part plastic, but it is still comfortable, feels sturdy, and I have had no problems with it wearing down. The auto-close just closes the top, you still have to push in the handle to set the spring for the next use. Some people said this was a pain, but you have to do something to set the spring for auto-open/close. Once the top is closed, you can step inside out of the rain and push the handle down. It doesn't seem any harder to push in than any other auto-open umbrella I have used. The auto-close is very fast, which does a great job of shaking off any rain still on the top. The strap is wide and keeps the umbrella nice and compact for storage.

Overall, I would highly recommend this umbrella. The best I could find under $30.

Barbecue Tool Set
Barbecue Tool Set
Offered by easesell
Price: $16.44
31 used & new from $16.44

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, for the price, October 12, 2011
This review is from: Barbecue Tool Set
The set was received as described. The handles on the skewers were not straight, which is even noticeable in the product image, but not a huge deal. The stain used to color the handles will run, so be sure to wash very well before using. I didn't wash the corn cob holders enough and they turned my hands red. Also, the corn holders are hard to get into the cob and, once in, slip out often. This is common with this style corn holder (flat "M" shape).
The handles are long enough for comfortable grilling. The wood grips stay cool and feel sturdy. It is difficult to get some of the tools back into the case, but with a little persistence, they will stay. I just tossed out the case and store the tools in my grill's tool drawer.
I have had this product for one whole summer. Overall, I am satisfied with this product. It is hard to find a decent grill set under $20 with this many tools, but you do get what you paid for. I would recommend for casual grilling, but if you are a grill fanatic, you may want to spend more for a higher quality set.

AMBICO V-0615 Extendable Mini Tripod
AMBICO V-0615 Extendable Mini Tripod

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for desktop studio, September 15, 2010
I use this tripod with a Canon SX20IS which is one step short of a DSLR (in other words, heavy and bulky). I was concerned about the tripod tipping at extreme shooting angles, but this little guy held its ground firm. I use it for taking macro shots and have had the camera past 45 degrees without tipping. The legs are stiff to extend and adjust, which is good with a heavy camera so they do not move under the weight. I have had the legs only half extended and they stay put no problem. This is a tiny tripod and is not meant to replace your full-size tripod. I would recommend this for your "desktop studio". A good price for a great little workhorse.
Comment Comment | Permalink

HP Pavilion ZD7140us Laptop (3.0 GHz Pentium 4, 512 MB RAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, DVD-ROM)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, May 30, 2004
This laptop has been traveling with me in my tractor trailer for a while now and is everything that I expected if not more. It offers an amazing 17" wide screen and a full numeric keypad. These two items set this laptop into a field of its own. It is heavier than many others, but worth every pound. If you a looking for an ultra-portable this is not the system, but if you want a desktop replacement you have found the one.
The software package with this system is just standard, nothing fancy or spectacular. However, everything that was loaded has worked and it has not crashed once yet. HP designed this system for someone who needs a fully functional computer that can move with them as necessary. They succeeded.

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite
Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite
14 used & new from $29.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacks, July 22, 2003
This keyboard is a decent ergonomic, but I would expect better for this price. Especially from Microsoft. It is nice that the feet to angle the keyboard are in the back as opposed to the front like many ergonomic keyboards. It is more comfortable that way. However, like many others have noted, the key layout of the arrow keys, the 6 keys above them, and the function keys (F1 - F12) are not the standard size/shape. This slows me down considerably. Also, the wrist rest is not removable or replacable. Overall Microsoft could have done a LOT better. Major thumbs down.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter Loves it!, December 9, 2002
My 7 month old daughter will spend an hour in this. She loves it. I have not had a problem with any of the toys coming off. In fact I actually find them hard to move around because they are so secure!!