Profile for Fernando Rayas Frutos > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Fernando Rayas Frutos RSS Feed (Mountain View,CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kinesio Tex Classic 2inX13.1ft Blue
Kinesio Tex Classic 2inX13.1ft Blue
Offered by MoreQualityLessMoney
Price: $9.84
12 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised on how good the tape works., November 27, 2009
Discovered this tape from a runner's magazine and got really hooked into it. I was reluctant that tape works as advertised on common injuries for runners. First usage was for a sore shin splint, I thought the tape works like Icy Hot patch or similar (providing heat on the area where it's applied), but didn't feel anything so I though it was not working, however I can say that the time needed to heal got reduced by a 60%.
You have to be careful with the tape in order to get the best results. It easily gets wet and the corners tend to peel off, so it may endure less time than expected on the skin (approximately 4 days). There are plenty of web sites where taping techniques are demonstrated, so you have many options.

Pinata
Pinata
22 used & new from $1.46

1.0 out of 5 stars No creativity, lots of pre-productions tools used to create all the smash-ups, July 4, 2008
This review is from: Pinata (Audio CD)
Basically this concept is composed by a bunch of music, arranged, smashed, and played in different sequences. No creativity involved at all on this disc, the guy that orchestrates this effort is part its record company, so its has the ability to get a lot of music from different resources and mix it in different songs. Lyrics are terrible and they talk by themselves: no creativity, this is an effort to sell music. It's name "Piñata" says everything about its music: emptiness, well decorated product/music and more important, something that deserves to be broken.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2013 8:45 PM PDT

Los Straitjackets in Concert
Los Straitjackets in Concert
DVD ~ Straitjackets
Price: $17.98
13 used & new from $12.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent video for surf rock fans, July 4, 2008
This review is from: Los Straitjackets in Concert (DVD)
Straitjackets is one of my favorites surf rock bands, despite this, I didn't get surprised about this video. Nothing new on it, all the songs are basically the same as in "Damas y Caballeros" LP, same organization, same arrangements, same sound, etc.. If you had heard the afore mentioned album, this will sound 95% familiar. Anyway is nice to see them on video and enjoy a 5.1-channel sound with one the greatest surf rock bands.

The Good Times
The Good Times
Price: $9.56
93 used & new from $0.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding rap performance, January 29, 2007
This review is from: The Good Times (Audio CD)
This one is my first Afroman disc (and not the last). I have heard music from other musicians but this one really liked me. You have to put attention to every single song, since the lyrics are really interesting if you are not in a English spoken country. I'm interested in the afroamerican culture, so this disc gave a lot of knowledge about a minority that lives a parallel reality, as Afroman mentioned in his song "American Dream". If you are interested on buying cool rap, this is the choice.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2007 9:54 PM PDT

Fiend Club Lounge
Fiend Club Lounge
Price: $15.50
49 used & new from $5.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding lounge performances, January 29, 2007
This review is from: Fiend Club Lounge (Audio CD)
Before buying this disc I heard a mp3 of "Skulls", without knowing that it was performed by Nutley Brass. The next song I heard from it was "Die die my darling", then I got shocked about the outstanding performances by Nutley Brass. The sounds, the rhythm and the arrangements are amazing. It's difficult to forget the original version, but this one plays a relaxing role when listening. Being a Misfits fan, I really recommend this disc to everyone interested not just in their music but the influences on a totally different genre.

Roseland NYC Live
Roseland NYC Live
Price: $12.84
132 used & new from $0.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific concert!!, August 15, 2006
This review is from: Roseland NYC Live (Audio CD)
This disc was the first one I heard from Portishead. After a couple of listenings I was kind of confused about the rhythms, voice tones, samplers and musical instruments. At the end you would love all this stuff and how they have conceptualized the idea of music without barriers, without all that common rhythms that have appeared in music history. I would strongly recommend this disc for every one who has never listened to Portishead, it is the starting point to enjoy all their creations.

Ultimate Alien
Ultimate Alien
DVD ~ Lee "Scratch" Perry
Price: $13.15
25 used & new from $5.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Great production, poor songs., August 14, 2006
This review is from: Ultimate Alien (DVD)
After received this item among others, it was the first one to be played since it was the most expected. The video and audio production is great, it has an excelent video footage and audio options for awesome listening. The only thing I don't like about the concert is the song selection, every song is expected to be great but you may end up a little bit bored. The extra features are just amazing, it includes a interview with LSP and some TV commercials made for Guinness beer; kind of weird but after watching them over and over you will love them, they have the LSP touch.

Ahora Yo a Ti
Ahora Yo a Ti
26 used & new from $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best Panoptica disc, July 27, 2006
This review is from: Ahora Yo a Ti (Audio CD)
For me, someone who has almost all the recorded material of Panoptica, this is not the best choice. I was expecting this disc had Panoptica's style mixes from excellent Nortec Collective's tracks, I got a little bit disappointed. Since I've heard most of the tracks mixed in this disc, I got confused about the final result: a non Nortec style set of mixed tracks. There is only one good track, it is called SEM, originally recorded by Latinsizer. It has great beats from its original style and Panoptica gives it a great set of loops and mood. If you expect listening to a great work from Panoptica, consider the disc called Panoptica, this includes tracks from different styles and you'll never get disappointed with this disc.

The Smashing Pumpkins - Greatest Hits - Rotten Apples
The Smashing Pumpkins - Greatest Hits - Rotten Apples
Price: $11.99
111 used & new from $2.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Best choice for non fans, February 24, 2006
This is my first item from Smashing Pumpkings, I'm not a real fan, I used to listen some songs downloaded from the Internet. This disc really liked me, contains most of the popular songs you would have listened, before bought this disc my favorite was "Today", but after several plays I liked "Rinocerous". This disc is recommendable for all the people considered by themselves non fans of this group, but enjoy to listen eventually this group.

Best of Motorhead
Best of Motorhead
Offered by megahitrecords
Price: $15.69
25 used & new from $11.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite compilation from a metal group, February 20, 2006
This review is from: Best of Motorhead (Audio CD)
Just before I bought this I found an special version of Overkill with some bonus tracks. I expected this disc as a complement for that amazing special edition of my favorite Motorhead disc, but it was disaponting. From my point of view, it doesn't have some of the great songs like "Don't let dady kiss me" and more. Besides this includes Motorhead's version played for other groups, wasn't a Motorhead compilation? Not a good compilation of this cutting edge metal group.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3