Profile for Tom Vincent > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tom Vincent "TVTom" RSS Feed (Orange County, CA)

So You Want To Be A Rockstar Photographer
So You Want To Be A Rockstar Photographer
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockstar status can be one tough road, who knew?, January 29, 2014
I first discovered Gary Fong through a few YouTube tutorials talking about various photographic topics that I found interesting. My personal experience is somewhere between hobbyist and Prosumer (depending upon the subject). I find being Professional means someone actually wants to pay you to use your photographic skills and that's harder than you think. So, after watching a few videos, I quickly realized that Gary knew a thing or two about Photography and captured my never ending interest. So once I saw this book, I was intrigued with what Gary had to say. I found myself reading the book in a few evenings and didn't realize the preparation, customer strategies, and thought that Gary used to be successful in this career field. I really didn't have any idea about the legal pitfalls and issues that can arise if you don't prepare and treat your customer fairly. I found this book simple and straight to the point covering many important aspects of the business. A very good read that inspiring photographers should read before they want to take that next step.

Hyperion Samsung Galaxy SIII 4200mAh Extended Battery + Pebble Blue Back Cover (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9300, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i747, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i535, T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung T999, U.S. Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3 R530, and Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung L710)**NOW WITH NFC** [Bulk Packaging]
Offered by Hyperion Electronics Accessories
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hyperion Samsung Galaxy SIII 4200mah lithium battery and case, February 22, 2013
Unit was easy to install and works as advertised. I've had the unit now for a few months and the extra battery life is what I was looking for. The added thickness due to the new battery is acceptable to me. I can now get a few days of battery on a single charge where as I was lucky to get just one with the standard lithium battery. I am pleased with the results and if you need extra power, don't hesitate to purchase.

Qty (2) SATURN Vue 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 Liftgate Lift Supports, Struts, Dampers, Shocks. Strong Arm 4363
Offered by Lift Supports Depot
Price: $31.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong Arm Lift Supports for Saturn Vue 2004, February 22, 2013
Old supports were easy to remove and these new units snapped right in. Very easy to install and took all of 5 minutes per side. Highly recommend if you have old, worn out supports and your lift gate doesn't stay up.

Brinno TLC200 Time Lapse and Stop Motion HD Video Camera - Blue
Brinno TLC200 Time Lapse and Stop Motion HD Video Camera - Blue
Price: $125.00
14 used & new from $115.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Brinno TLC200 Time Lapse camera, February 22, 2013
I've used the camera on a few time lapse projects; six hour drive to the mountains and around the house. I housed the camera in the Brinno ATH100 weather housing for protection. I attached the assembly to the outside of the car and proceeded for a six hour drive to the mountains. The camera took great time lapse video (.avi). The same can be said for my local time lapse projects. All in all I am pleased with the purchase.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2013 2:28 PM PST

Brinno ATH100 Weather Resistant Housing for Brinno TLC200 Time Lapse and Stop Motion HD Video Camera

4.0 out of 5 stars Brinno ATH100 Weather Housing, February 22, 2013
Unit is resistant to weather but is not leak proof. So don't use this for scuba diving. However, heavy rains don't penetrate. The reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is because you have to open the housing to turn the camera on or off. Kind of a pain if you are in the elements already. I used a suction cup unit to attach the housing to the top of the car since the housing has a standard camera mount hole like you have on every camera to attach to a tripod. For safety there are a few tabs with holes that you can attached a safety string to in case the unit moves. Important piece of mind if you drive at freeway speeds. I would recommend buying this unit if you purchase the Brinno TLC200 Time Lapse camera.

GoPro Chest Mount Harness for HERO Cameras
GoPro Chest Mount Harness for HERO Cameras
Price: $23.99
43 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars GoPro Chest Harness, February 8, 2010
I recently purchased an GoPro HD helmet-cam and this mount has made my skiing video's look stable as compared to using the helmet or head band mount that's included in the package. I guess its skiing style but I tend to move my head around more often then my chest. My chest is typically looking downhill in the direction of the fall line making for a stable platform keeping my viewers from getting sick. This is an accessory item that you should consider purchasing if you like making skiing or biking video's. I'm a big guy (6ft 225lbs)so I was concerned about this thing fitting me but to my pleasure I found that the straps are adjustable, stretch & a buckle next to the camera mount makes for quick removal. Also, it's easy to turn the camera on and start a video shoot with the camera being so close to your chest. I highly recommend using one of these if you want stable looking video's. I give it a thumbs up!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2014 9:09 AM PST

Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum Pro Pack  [OLD VERSION]
Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum Pro Pack [OLD VERSION]
3 used & new from $85.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum, February 18, 2009
For the money, this is probably the best video editing package out there on the market. Sony Vegas will not replace the more expensive professional packages that Hollywood producers use but for consumers and pro-sumers alike you will be more than satisfied. The Pro Pack has a slew of goodies besides the editing suite that will come in handy. I could get into a bunch of technical jargon about this product but I use this in addition to Adobe CS3 premiere Pro. I am very pleased with this product. In many ways, I find this to be easier than Premiere. This is the best bang for the buck.