Profile for Jared L. Kipe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jared L. Kipe "photo taker" RSS Feed (Seattle, WA)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably not waterproof, but good for the bath or hot tub., February 5, 2010
I like to read for an hour or more when I take a bath, and this product lets me accomplish this.

With my Sony PRS-505 I use a gallon size ziplock back to take it into the bath, but the ziplock isn't actually clear, and is much bigger than the actual e-reader.

This Octo case is very clear (however reflective) and much easier to read through.
The multi way stick is relatively hard to use through the case (as is the on/off slider) so I would recommend setting up the book and turning on the device before sliding it into the case.

Ultimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Ultimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by CosPro
2 used & new from $289.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, but only after burn in/stress!, February 5, 2010
My initial response to these headphones were a little mixed. Very small physically, but so was the bass and low mid response. (Compared to UE superfi 5 pros who's left side went out on me)

I went ahead and let it burn in/stress them by putting them on my iphone and playing a loop of music louder than I would be comfortable in my ears, but not full blast for a couple hours looping Kanye West's Late Registration (iPhone EQ is OFF)

AMAZING difference. I've burned in my fair amount of high end headphones in my time, but this is the first time there has been such a noticeable difference.

Low end penetration is much much better than before. Overall the sound is more refined, and they compare much more favorably to the superfi 5 pros, and my M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 desktop "monitors". Compared to the Klipsch S4's I purchased to directly compare to these, the S4's have more low end, but seem muddy when directly compared to these. (vocals and higher instruments/cymbals leave you with a slight underwater effect) That said, the S4's offer pretty good performance for their price (1/2 the UE700s)

**Amazon categories:
*Comfort:
Very small, first headphones. Can lay head on pillow without discomfort found with most/all other headphones tried.

*Sound Quality:
Very good, even when compared to larger and/or pricier options. I listen to a wide variety of music, one of the reasons I find low performance so important is that I find these frequencies die off fastest when listening on very low volumes such as while working or studying. I wouldn't say these are perfectly accurate, nor the best sounding headphones ever, but for the portability the sound quality is top notch.

*Features:
Tiny, dual driver smaller than even "small" single driver models such as the Etymotic ER6i's that I still have.

*Packaging:
Well the retail box is relatively small, but still lots of wasted space. But the real joy is the small hard plastic carrying box. I think it is the perfect balance between being small for portability and being large for easy of storage (meaning if it were any smaller it would be hard to physically put the headphones in it). The Klipsch S4 storage box is the opposite, the aluminum tin is so big you have room for the additional tips AND there is padding in it! The case is small enough that I can put it inside the travel case for my Audiotechnica ANC7 headphones.

HTML, XHTML, and CSS, Sixth Edition
HTML, XHTML, and CSS, Sixth Edition
by Elizabeth Castro
238 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Webdesign done right., February 1, 2007
If you know basically what you want this book is invaluable at getting there.