Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Epic1285 > Reviews

Browse

Epic1285's Profile

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Epic1285 RSS Feed (UT, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Willie & Max 59904-00 Black Leather Swingarm Bag
Willie & Max 59904-00 Black Leather Swingarm Bag
Price: $129.37
35 used & new from $119.83

1.0 out of 5 stars Bag received is not as advertised., July 11, 2016
I removed the awkward saddlebags the previous owner had placed on my Sportster and planned to replace them with this Willie & Max Black Leather Swingarm bag. To my surprise, the bag showed up to my door and was not even the bag shown. First off, the bag was not "black" as advertised, but brown, which will not work with my all black and chrome bike. Plus, it's not even the same model as what is being advertised. Furthermore, there were scratches on the front of the bag as if it were used before being sent to me. With how much I was looking forward to receiving this bag, I am incredibly disappointed. For over $100, I'm hoping this gets resolved very quickly.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 C24 Carbon Road Wheelset - Clincher One Color, One Size
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 C24 Carbon Road Wheelset - Clincher One Color, One Size
Offered by Bike Nashbar
Price: $1,088.99
8 used & new from $798.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible wheelset, March 13, 2015
After a few thousand miles on these wheels, I am completely satisfied with them. They have stayed true through all types of road conditions, and they spin effortlessly with very little resistance. They are also quite stiff. I tend to ride my brake pads fairly close to the rim, and even during tough sprints and climbs, there is never enough flex to allow the rims to touch the pads. I also love that they have an aluminum braking surface, so I never have to worry about overheating and blowing up a rim. Pound-for-pound, I would ride these wheels over full carbon any day.

MSR Evo Ascent Snow Shoes
MSR Evo Ascent Snow Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Versatile, January 8, 2014
This review is from: MSR Evo Ascent Snow Shoes (Sports)
Took these out for the first time today. I decided to put them to the test off-trail in a canyon on the Wasatch front in Nothern Utah. This route is great to test snowshoes as it requires agile and tough-as-nails shoes in order to make efficient progress. During the outing, I encountered rocks, ice, icy traverses, deeper snow, and incredibly steep climbing. In short, these shoes were all that I could ask for and more. In contrast to tube framed shoes, the MSR Evo tears (literally) through everything. There is nothing that I encountered that made me uncomfortable or less confident. As always, the televator under the heel is a must for steep climbs. The use of the televator on the Evo Ascent makes it feel completely natural.

In all, I was very pleased with the performance of these shoes. They have definitely earned a top spot in my winter gear. Based on other reviews, reliability should be top notch, but I will update the review if I have any problems. One minor quibble is the length of the straps as they seem to be pretty long, but they didn't get in the way at all.

I would absolutely recommend these shoes to someone who likes to go places they probably shouldn't!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it. Love it!, October 23, 2013
Sure, it looks a little funky. Sure, it's marketed more towards children and budget-minded gamers. Sure, Nintendo purists look at it funny; but none of this matters to me. I've been on the fence about buying a 3DS due to a couple of the games I want to play (Mario Kart 7 and the new Zelda coming out in November), yet I didn't want to spend 170.00 on the 3DS.

I had my doubts when the 2DS was announced, but the price point was just right. I bought one within a few days of release, and I have no regrets whatsoever. It's comfortable, sturdy, and plays all of the great games the 3DS is capable of playing. I've even left it sitting out only to find my wife eyeing it wanting to play.

The more I research the 2DS, the more people I find that were in the same situation that I was in. The 2DS is winning people that were previously on the fence. Great job, Nintendo!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2013 2:34 PM PDT

Reebok Men's RealFlex Speed Shoe,Black/Gravel/Solar Green/White,8.5 M US
Reebok Men's RealFlex Speed Shoe,Black/Gravel/Solar Green/White,8.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Great running shoes, August 12, 2013
I am just getting back to running after a few years of cycling only. I was looking for shoes that were flexible and would help to minimize impact while I worked to get my form back. Thankfully, the recommendation of these shoes paid off. They have a soft feel and help promote a proper running style. I had some knee pain issues with some Asics I ran in right before these, and the RealFlex Speeds have completely eliminated the pain. For me, these help promote more of a midsole strike which definitely helps to minimize impact. i would recommend them to anyone looking for more of a natural feeling running shoe.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Great bib shorts initially; updated to terrible., June 14, 2013
I received these shorts a couple of weeks ago and since have ridden about 120+ miles in them. They are incredibly comfortable and ensure that I can worry about the ride and not the shorts. I will be buying more of them.

Update:

I have had these bibs for over a month now. I did buy another pair and I swap them out every other ride. Each pair is ridden twice weekly.

After one month of use, the logo is peeling off of the rear-left portion of the short in a terrible looking way, and the stitching that attaches the chamois to the shorts has broken and is coming undone. Also, the front of the shorts are starting to show wear in the spot where my jerseys overlap the bibs.

I'm 5'8" 160 lbs with an athletic build and I have never had these issues with other bib shorts. My 60.00 Sugoi bib shorts have been going over a year strong and still look like new. I initially thought these shorts were great, but frequent use has proven too much for them. I would expect this type of quality from a no-name second-rate company, but not from a company as well known as Castelli. Based on the quality of the Ergo Tre Bib Shorts, there is nothing that convinces me to buy their higher end shorts. These are my last pairs of Castelli shorts.

Pearl Izumi Elite Barrier Jacket - Closeout
Pearl Izumi Elite Barrier Jacket - Closeout
Price: $57.66 - $166.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket for blocking the wind., December 3, 2012
I have taken this jacket out twice in the last week. The first ride was 20 miles in 43-48 degree temperatures and about 20-30mph winds. It was not a fun ride due to the wind, but the jacket did a wonderful job of keeping the wind off of me. All I had was a summer jersey with light arm-warmers underneath, and I was plenty warm. The second ride was 36 miles in temperatures ranging from 37-40 degrees or so. I stuck with a lighter jersey and arm warmers, and the jacket performed flawlessly. I would not hesitate to recommend this jersey. The only improvements that I can see are the zipper in the front and the pocket in the back. I am hoping that the zipper will last a few years of heavy use, and storing and accessing items in the back pocket can get a little annoying with just a flap and Velcro. I'm guessing PI made these choices in order to keep the jacket lightweight and packable, so I don't really mind them too much. I am 5'8 170lbs and the medium fits perfectly. I have uploaded a picture of the blue jacket so that the fit can be seen. Hopefully it helps in selecting this jacket!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 2, 2013 1:06 PM PST

Gore Men's Power SO Jacket, Black, Large
Gore Men's Power SO Jacket, Black, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Jacket!, October 26, 2012
I have used this jacket a few times now, and I am happy to say that it is wonderful! Today, it was 25 degrees when I started this morning, and a Thermal jersey along with this jacket kept me nice and toasty. During one of my climbs, I had to zip down this jacket a little in order to cool down slightly. As other reviewers have stated, it does run a little larger than Gore's regular jersey size. I am 5'8 170 lbs, with an athletic build and wider shoulders, and the large is just a little big. It is not enough to bother me at all, nor does it flap in the wind. If you're around my height with a skinny build, go for the medium. I am also very impressed with the materials. Even averaging 20mph on my training rides with a max of around 40-45mph, I cannot feel any wind whatsoever get through. I'm guessing that with good gloves, you would be able to get this jacket along with a thermal into the singe-digits if needed.

Louis Garneau Neo Protect Cycling Shoe Cover - Black M
Louis Garneau Neo Protect Cycling Shoe Cover - Black M
Offered by DEALogical

4.0 out of 5 stars About an hour of warmth in 25-35 degree F weather., October 26, 2012
Took these out this morning for the first time. It was 25 degrees Fahrenheit, and my feet stayed warm for about an hour averaging around 20mph with my normal Shimano summer road shoes and normal summer socks. I wasn't expecting much from these considering the price, but they have exceeded my expectations. I was not able to feel any wind and it was relatively dry, so I cannot vouch as to their water-resistance. If your routine training ride takes you between an hour and an hour and a half in 25-35 degree weather, these should work fine. I would assume that between 35 and 45 degrees, these would work out well on longer rides.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2013 9:29 AM PST

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bar at an incredible price., September 27, 2012
These bars replaced the OE bar on my Cannondale Six. My goal was to shorten the reach and make the drops more easily accessible without installing a shorter stem. These bars accomplished both goals while remaining very attractive on the bike. After installation, I am riding in the drops much more frequently and comfortably. The reach to the hoods is now perfect as well. These are some of the best handlebars on the market, and I would recommend them over and over again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3