Profile for D. Bermejo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Bermejo RSS Feed

Macintosh Vintage Retro logo set MacBook Decal sticker Apple Mac
Macintosh Vintage Retro logo set MacBook Decal sticker Apple Mac

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth it, January 18, 2015
It's inexpensive, but I wouldn't buy it again because the colors look cheap - I would be tempted to print the logo myself and the color quality/density would be much better.

Scotch Packaging Tape with Dispenser, 1.88-Inches x 1000-Inches, Clear (142L)
Scotch Packaging Tape with Dispenser, 1.88-Inches x 1000-Inches, Clear (142L)
Price: $7.22
10 used & new from $1.73

3.0 out of 5 stars Good performance at a good price, March 7, 2011
The tape works OK.

The only thing I would note is that this tape feels a little stiff and you need to make sure to press it firmly against boxes or whatever you're sealing. By that, I mean that the tape feels like it's not very sticky. I've used other tape guns with different tape that is more sticky and flexible, but I don't remember the brand... I might post it if I remember.

Anyway, this tape works just fine. I might be splitting hairs by saying other tape is more sticky, because I've sent several packages using this tape and never had a problem.

I would probably buy it again, but if you will need a lot of tape, you might want to test a roll to see how you like it before buying dozens of rolls that you don't like.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2011 3:51 AM PDT

21IN1 Multimedia Reader/writer Expresscard 34SLOT Mac/pc Sd/mmc/xd
21IN1 Multimedia Reader/writer Expresscard 34SLOT Mac/pc Sd/mmc/xd
Offered by MegaRetailStore
Price: $24.45
32 used & new from $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid SDHC performance in a PC running Windows 7, March 7, 2011
Technical Level: Advanced
Ownership length: about 1 month.

Background & Pros:
I bought this memory card reader to transfer photos and videos from my Nikon dSLRs to my laptop without using an external card reader or USB connected to the camera. Using the internal card reader is 1) more convenient than using a USB cable hooked up to the DSLRs because it's faster and 2) it's more convenient than an external reader because I don't need to carry around a USB cable. The card reader remains connected to the computer without sticking out or getting in the way.

Cons:
The only deduction I give it is that it's a little tough to get it out of the Expresscard slot (that may be more of a problem with my laptop), and the fact that the SD cards stick out when they're in the Memory card reader. I think someone posted a picture of this and it's the same for Macs and PCs. My previous laptop had a built-in card reader and it was much nicer/safer to be able to push the card all the way in and have it flush with the computer.

My Setup & Notes:
I use it on a Thinkpad laptop PC running Windows 7 and everything works well. I didn't have to install drivers, true plug-and-play. I've only tested it with SDHC and micro-SDHC cards and it works as well as the reader on my desktop. Transfer speeds mostly depend on the card itself, but after testing I've gotten write speeds from about .6MB/s to 10MB/s and most read speeds are 15MB/s or higher. Again, the speed will depend mostly on the card itself, this card reader doesn't create a bottle neck for my set up.

SDHC brands tested: Kingston and Sandisk.
Types of cards tested: SDHC and micro SDHC (Using micro-SDHC adapter that came with those cards. The microSDHC adapter is NOT included with this reader).

I would give it 4.5 stars if it was possible. Anyway, it works well and I would buy it again.

OEM HTC Dash S620 S621 Standard Battery 35H00080-00M
OEM HTC Dash S620 S621 Standard Battery 35H00080-00M
Offered by Seller1ON1
Price: $5.09
5 used & new from $3.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Phone Life-Saver, July 31, 2010
Background:
After having the HTC Excalibur s620 for about a year, the battery started dying for no apparent reason. Even though the battery meter would show 2 or 3 bars, the phone would sometimes die after sending a text message, trying to make a call or turning on the wi-fi connection. I sometimes used the phone's alarm to wake me up, so it was really frustrating to have the phone turn off in the middle of the night leaving me without a much needed alarm.

Buying the battery:
I was starting to think about buying a new phone... but after reading another review of this battery I found that someone else was having the same issues as me and replacing the battery did the trick. So for ~$2, I figured it was worth a shot. And I'm really glad I took the "risk".

So Far:
Even though I selected the normal shipping, the battery arrived within just a few days, so I was pleasantly surprised from the start. I've been using the battery for about a week and it seems to last about a day and a half to 2+ days on a single charge. That's a great deal better - I had to charge the old battery twice a day! It's nice to be able to go online and make calls without worrying about the phone dying in the middle of it.

CLIF BUILDER'S - Protein Bar - Chocolate Mint - (2.4 oz, 12 Count)
CLIF BUILDER'S - Protein Bar - Chocolate Mint - (2.4 oz, 12 Count)
Price: $18.58
23 used & new from $17.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best I've tried, January 19, 2008
These bars a great snack and the flavor is probably the best I've had from _any_ brand.
My only complaint is that they're somewhat dry, but it's the same for most bars I've tried. By dry, I mean that I usually need to have some water or milk handy to go with the bars instead of eating the bars by themselves. Again, it's only a minor complaint and not a problem for an otherwise great protein bar.
It's also amazing to be able to get it from Amazon at almost half the price of stores around me.

Kingston 8 GB Class 4 SDHC Flash Memory Card SD4/8GB
Kingston 8 GB Class 4 SDHC Flash Memory Card SD4/8GB
Price: Click here to see our price
85 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars If it was a little faster..., January 19, 2008
I contemplated a 4 star rating, but when you buy the card, you know that it is a "class 4" card, which means it's supposed to transfer files at at least 4MB/s. If it's crucial and you can afford it, you could get the "class 6" card, which would make a difference when transferring large amounts of data.

In short:
*Pros:*
- Capacity. You can get more capacity, but this is a bout the best size/price ratio.
- Price. Again, 8GB and 4GB cards have the best size/price ratio.
*Cons:*
- SDHC. This is not really a con if you have new equipment, but SDHC is a newer standard, so you have to make sure you have the right equipment - SDHC IS NOT THE SAME AS SD!!
- Speed. It's not "slow", but if you've had fast cards you'll notice the difference. Of course, you know this from the "Class 4" rating, so it's also not really a con.

I've owned 2 Kingston SD cards. The oldest of them is about 3 years old and is still as reliable and good as when I first got it, so I have reason to believe this card will last for a while.

My older Kingston 50X SD card is about twice as fast as this card, but it's only 1GB, so I needed more GB's to capture more video. This card would be just about perfect if it was faster. When I say that, I don't mean that the card is slow - my Vista machine can use it for ReadyBoost and camera performance is good. Just know that ReadyBoost can only use 4GB of memory, so you'll have 4GB of memory just sitting unused if you use it for this purpose.

Primarily, I use this card for recording video clips and pictures with my Canon cameras, SD800IS and A710IS. For that purpose the card is great. I haven't noticed any lag when taking 7.1 Mega-pixel pictures (which range from 1MB to about 4MBs) or full screen VGA video (640x480). Here's some general advice for these cameras in particular, but it applies to most cameras:
1. Don't record more than about 10 minutes of video at a time because the file size goes over 1GB, but this depends on the camera and video format, not the card itself.
2. You might want to get an external card reader, if you don't have an internal card reader. You'll be fine transferring files directly from the camera if you only take a few snapshots and short videos. But if you plan on truly using all 8GB and transferring them at once, do yourself a favor and get a card reader. Most cameras are not meant to read/transfer files at fast speeds (even if they're USB 2.0 capable), and at least with the SD800IS, I could not transfer files over 500MB. Once I used a memory card reader, transferring was a breeze.

Although reading times are fast enough (between 4-8MB/s), writing is a bit slower - it tops out at about 4MB/s, which is good enough for the "Class 4" rating and fast enough to capture pictures without (noticeable) lag in my cameras.
It's a great card for the price; just make sure you understand what you're buying.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2013 9:06 AM PST

Hauppauge 1120CN WinTV-HVR-950 Hybrid Video Recorder
Hauppauge 1120CN WinTV-HVR-950 Hybrid Video Recorder
Offered by The SqueakShop
Price: $124.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it with the right setup (HDTV +Vista Media Center + Fast system = AMAZING), November 30, 2007
- GENERAL -
Get the latest drivers, etc. here: [...]

NOTE: Newer versions of this card actually show up on device manager as version 980, instead of 950.

My Setup: Vista Home Premium, Windows Media Center (built into Vista Home Premium and up), Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz (E6850), 2GB RAM, nVidia 256MB 8400GS

Overall, the card is a pretty good deal when you compare it to PCI cards. If you get a discount or rebate you might get it for less than 50.

- HD V. ANALOG -
This card really shines in ATSC HD mode (using an antenna). The difference between analog and HD is almost like night and day! It's amazing how much better HD looks, even in the exact same computer.

You should also know that with HD signals you either get the signal and it looks awesome or you don't and you don't see anything. With regular over the air TV you would get fuzzy channels if you don't get a good enough signal, but with HDTV you will either don't get the channel at all if the signal is too poor or you will get dropped frames (or skipping) if the signal's almost good enough. The dropped frames can be very distracting - it reminds me of fast forwarding or a scratched DVD, so you will probably need to get an antenna to actually get a good HDTV experience.

THIS CARD WILL NOT RECEIVE CABLE HDTV, it only works with over the air HDTV using an antenna.

On the other hand, analog reception (from cable at least) is good or "OK", but a little washed out and grainy/snowy when compared to the WinTV-HVR-1800 (PCI), which I've used side by side. The analog reception would be good as a secondary unit, or a good primary card if your computer's not very fast or you don't care too much about analog quality.

- SOFTWARE -
I haven't used the bundled software because I used previous incarnations of it and the reviews indicate it hasn't improved much. It's supposed to work with XP Media Center and all sorts of other programs, but I can't attest to that.

The card works amazingly well in HD mode with Vista Media Center, but you need to install an encoder if you plan on using it in analog mode (look for "MCE software encoder" here: [...] Also, you can only use it as analog OR HD mode in MC, but apparently you can switch between modes with the WinTV software. That's not a problem for me, since I'm using this as a secondary card, but it's a downside if you want to use it as a primary card in Vista MC.

- OTHER THOUGHTS -
Again, you might need to get an antenna to receive HDTV over the air, but if you're close to HDTV transmitters the included antenna might get you a good enough signal. I'm only a few miles (around 5) from transmitters and the included antenna gets me:
- 3 channels with a good enough reception (no skipping or dropped frames)
- 3 more with spotty reception (a few frames get drop every now and then)
- 2 more channels that are scrambled or don't have a good enough signal to be viewed

- FINAL THOUGHTS -
I strongly recommend this card for HDTV. The quality is just amazing and the price is difficult to beat (particularly if you get a discount). In analog mode, this is a good secondary card if you already have one, or a good primary card if you're on a tight budget or if your computer is older or not very powerful. Fortunately, my computer's fast enough and I didn't run into performance problems. As with any hardware upgrade, you should consider your system's performance before getting it.

If your system's good enough, it's hard to go wrong with this card
It gets a 4 because compared to the WinTV-HVR-1800, the analog signal's not as good (but still good) and it requires software not included in the Disc to work with Media Center - it took me a while to figure this out. If I didn't compare it to the WinTV-HVR-1800, it would probably get a 5, but if I had to use the included software, it would probably get a 3.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2008 12:17 PM PST