Profile for J. Finn > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 95

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Finn "Bookworm" RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Amazing Grass Energy Green Superfood Powder, 15-Count
Amazing Grass Energy Green Superfood Powder, 15-Count
Price: $15.94
9 used & new from $14.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, June 23, 2014
I gave up coffee a month or two ago. I've done that, here and there, over the past few years. This time was really really rough. I was falling asleep in the middle of the day. Green tea, in place of it, wasn't cutting it. I started putting two tea bags in the water. Helped a little... but not much. Always the inevitable crash an hour or two later. I was drinking so much green tea throughout the day that it started getting ridiculous.

I had these packets from a while before and liked them (but I drank them when I was still on coffee... and mostly just on vacation to get my greens in). So about 1 1/2 weeks ago, I got some more and tried it. I'm seriously pretty blown away. I drink one packet in the morning and... that's it. I feel energy throughout the entire day.

I just looked up the caffeine content because I assumed it must have a lot for me to feel this way. 85mg, apparently. Less than a cup of coffee. I don't know what the heck is in there that makes me have nice steady energy throughout the day, but I like it.

Sakkas Seraphina Corset Style Jacquard Bodice Short Dress
Sakkas Seraphina Corset Style Jacquard Bodice Short Dress
Offered by Sakkas Store
Price: $89.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Very cute dress, but see-thru, March 11, 2014
I liked the dress a lot, but I had to send it back as it was see-thru. Granted, I got the white... but still.

One Size Women's Purple Plaid Driver's Cap
One Size Women's Purple Plaid Driver's Cap

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this hat~, February 24, 2014
This is my favorite hat. I have two of them!

Very cute. I get complements on it all the time.

30-Inch Black Child Cape
30-Inch Black Child Cape

2.0 out of 5 stars Falling apart immediately, February 24, 2014
This review is from: 30-Inch Black Child Cape
The velcro started coming off (or was already coming off) immediately. My daughter has only worn it once or twice at home.

Miraclesuit Women's Must Haves One Piece Wide Strap Tank Swimsuit
Miraclesuit Women's Must Haves One Piece Wide Strap Tank Swimsuit
Price: $99.00 - $144.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice suit. NOT sexy, February 24, 2014
I thought this suit would look a bit sexier, but it's really not at all. I wear it when I want to look good, but modest. I've had this suit for about 3 years. It's held up well. I went to Mexico a couple of years ago, and brought this suit. I felt like someone's mom! (for the record, I AM someone's mom, heh, but still!). I ended up buying another suit while I was there.

Pros: Fits really well (I got the 10DD suit. My measurements are 38x29x39 (I'm a 34DD). I usually wear an 8 or a 10. I've gone up and down at least 10 pounds and still fit in this suit), modest, comfortable, great coverage, I think I probably look thinner, but I'm not sure.

Cons: TOO much coverage. Not a sexy suit.

NOW Foods Maca 500mg, 250 Capsules
NOW Foods Maca 500mg, 250 Capsules
Price: $10.49
30 used & new from $10.43

1.0 out of 5 stars Endometriosis attack & early periods, February 7, 2014
I took this for a few months (2/day, I believe. Possibly 3). During that time, I got my period 2 weeks early 3 times (and I have a very short cycle, anyway). I used to have endometriosis attacks, but since I got pregnant, 5 years ago, I hadn't had any. (that can happen... pregnancy can "cure" it or something).

During the time I took Maca, I had 2 endo attacks. (Very intense intestinal pain during my period that lasted about 2-5 days)

I didn't attribute ANY of this to the Maca for a while. I was 80% convinced I was going through menopause (I'm 41). I thought the endo had come back. I was having weird crying jags and I was getting really hot all the time. Hot flashes? My mom didn't go through menopause until her mid 50s, so I thought it was rather strange.

Then it occurred to me that it might be the Maca, so I researched it. The stuff I'd been experiencing was NOT in any of the literature I read about side effects. If anything, it was supposed to HELP with all of that stuff.

To experiment, I stopped taking Maca about 4 months ago. Everything has returned to normal. No more hot flashes, crying jags, endometriosis attacks, or early periods.

I'm curious to know if ANYone else has had this experience.

Pros: During the time I took Maca, my period cramps (other than the 2 endo attacks) were completely gone! My periods became lighter as well (in both color & volume). That was fantastic. Also, I had some very intense dreams, and that was pretty cool.

I also read that you can add Maca to a bentonite clay mask for enhanced results, so I've been adding a capsule to that (I HIGHLY recommend bentonite clay masks). To be honest, I can't really tell if it makes a difference, but I have a bunch to use up so I'll keep doing that.

Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein, 622 Grams
Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein, 622 Grams
Price: $28.53
43 used & new from $20.72

3.0 out of 5 stars Usually good, but this time sent me sweetened Vanilla Chai flavor, January 4, 2014
I order this regularly. Always the unsweetened/unflavored kind. And it's fine. This time, they sent me Vanilla Chai flavor, for some reason. It's too late to return it (didn't open until after 30 days was up). It's sweetened with Stevia, and I don't like it. Too sweet.

Rampage Women's Paxston Bootie,Purple,9 M US
Rampage Women's Paxston Bootie,Purple,9 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but slippery, January 1, 2014
Bought these for a costume, so I can't really comment on how rugged they are. They fit great and were very comfortable. A bit too slippery, but not a huge deal. A cute boot!

Domino Pads Variety Pack -Regular- Assorted Colors
Domino Pads Variety Pack -Regular- Assorted Colors
Offered by Domino Pads LLC/ MeLuna USA
Price: $46.95

5.0 out of 5 stars SO COMFORTABLE!!, January 1, 2014
I've had these pads for a couple of weeks. I finally got my period and used them for the first time yesterday. My worry had been that they would be bulky. They were not at all. They were extremely EXTREMELY comfortable! It was essentially like wearing another layer of underwear. SO much more comfortable and flexible than store bought. I'm so happy I bought them.

My only two caveats:

1) The price. Dear god... the price!
2) I wish the whole thing sort of wrapped around my underwear instead of just the smallish tabs. The first night, it leaked around the side, unfortunately. I might end up wearing store-bought at night and these pads during the day. I will say that I tend to sleep with one leg bent with my knee near my chin, and the other leg straight. So, that might have helped cause the leaking around the side.

One other thing I liked: I've been hand washing them after use, just because it's easier. I hung up the small & medium to dry, and by the morning, the small one was completely dry. (the medium was still damp, though)

One Dark Night (Berkley Sensation)
One Dark Night (Berkley Sensation)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $5.98

2.0 out of 5 stars "Daddy?" No., December 1, 2013
I didn't enjoy this book. My issues were:
1. She kept calling him "Daddy" and he called her his "little girl" while they were having sex. I found this INCREDIBLY disturbing! Maybe this is what all Dom/Subs call each other? I don't know.
2. They never kissed. In the whole book. At the very end, he gives her a quick peck. That's it. They do a lot of other stuff... just no kissing.
3. Improbable ending. It didn't really make a whole lot of sense.

This may sound stupid, but other than that, the book wasn't bad. Those 3 things really ruined it for me (the first 2 more than the improbable ending). Was looking forward to reading the sexy scenes, and ended up having to skim them because "Daddy" jarred me right out of any sexy feelings. Yikes!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10