Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Profile for Nathan > Reviews

Browse

Nathan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nathan RSS Feed (CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
VELCRO - ONE-WRAP Thin Self-Gripping Cable Ties: Reusable, Light Duty - 8" x 1/2" Ties, 100 Pack - Black
Price: $4.99
48 used & new from $3.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome! These are super cheap, August 7, 2015
Awesome! These are super cheap, and work great. I never want to go back to zip-ties, unless I'm trying to make something look really snappy/professional. These look a little cheaper than well-cut zip-ties, but I'm not using them for looks, I'm using them for usability.

I've had a few holding together a lot of cables for a pretty decent time now and they haven't budged or shown any weakness. The ease of use (and especially re-application) encourages me to use them for all my cables, and now the area under my desk looks a little neater. Still way too many cables, but at least they're managed a little better.

Household Essentials Natural Cotton Laundry Bag Extra Large
Household Essentials Natural Cotton Laundry Bag Extra Large
Price: $7.45
23 used & new from $5.81

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bag, holds a lot of laundry, August 7, 2015
Good bag, holds a lot of laundry. Only thing I don't like is that there's no easy way to carry it when it's near full. I've had some laundry bags that have an over-the-shoulder strap like a backpack, this just is a string. I have to throw it over my shoulder and get hurt holding the string trying to keep it from falling off of my back. For something of this size it really needs a better way of carrying it.

Pigflytech ProDigital AccuWeigh Digital Kitchen Scale With Guide 11 Lb. Capacity (Black Tempered Glass)
Offered by Pigflytech Inc.
Price: $19.99
4 used & new from $19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good and gets the job done - with some caveats, September 26, 2013
I love having a scale for making food, especially when I'm counting calories. Having this (very thin - and cheap!) scale around makes it a breeze, for the most part. There's just two bad things:

One, the main problem, is the buttons. There's no feedback to whether or not you actually pressed the button, nor is it really pressing a 'button' at all. It's a touchscreen with ambiguous circles to press for Power and Tare. Half of the time they seem to not work at all. The way I've started doing it, which works every time now, is pressing on the general area of the button around 5-10 times, THEN I'm sure it registered at least one of them, in which case it will turn on or Tare will work.
update: This above problem stopped me from using it entirely, I really can't recommend this product. It constantly wouldn't work, to the point where I just got frustrated and got a physical scale.

Every now and then I also have to remove the battery from the back and put it back in, seemingly resetting it to get it to work again. This doesn't happen as often as the above, though.

Two, the cleaning of it. Due to the nature of the material the top is made out of, stuff gets stuck onto it very easy. When you're handling food, messes are bound to happen, and if you don't clean this immediately, you won't have fun cleaning it when the stuff is stuck to it.

Other than those things, this works great, and I love it.

Samsung EPL-1PL0BEGXAR USB Connection Kit
Samsung EPL-1PL0BEGXAR USB Connection Kit
Offered by VK SHIPPER
Price: $13.48
22 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT work with Galaxy Tab 3 10.1., September 26, 2013
I'm sure this product works fine with the others, but unfortunately I bought this for a Galaxy Tab 3. It wasn't really clearly stated whether or not it supported it, and I have no access to the tablet (buying for someone else), so I wasn't sure whether or not it'd fit. Turns out the Galaxy Tab 3 has Micro-USB instead of this proprietary input. Good to know, now.

Not sure how it works with the right tablet, as I didn't have one, so don't want to smear the product with a 1-star review or anything. It's just not made very clear that it won't work with the Tab 3.

Metro Vacuum ED500 DataVac  500-Watt 0.75-HP Electric Duster 120 volt
Metro Vacuum ED500 DataVac 500-Watt 0.75-HP Electric Duster 120 volt
Price: $56.99
101 used & new from $56.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, September 26, 2013
This duster is great. So glad I don't have to buy canned air as much anymore! I still buy and use canned air occasionally, mostly for smaller things and to not deal with having to plug this in and deal with the noise.

However, for large projects (dusting computers) and such things, I don't know how I lived without it. It makes dusting a breeze. Just make sure to do it outside, unless you want dust everywhere inside.

GameMaster Nintendo 3DS XL Anti-Bacterial Screen Protector
GameMaster Nintendo 3DS XL Anti-Bacterial Screen Protector
2 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, September 26, 2013
Fairly easy to apply - no more difficult than any other screen protector. And protects just fine. Only caveat is that on the top screen I messed up just ever so slightly on keeping it straight, so a corner is slightly off the screen and bent. It's not visible during gameplay and only really bothers me when I'm looking at it. That's user error anyway, not anything to do with the product, which works perfectly.

2-Port 1-in, 2-out HDMI Certified Amplified Splitter with Power
2-Port 1-in, 2-out HDMI Certified Amplified Splitter with Power
Offered by SF Planet
Price: $24.99
4 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, September 26, 2013
This is a review wrote on the same day I received the product. If I have any issues with it in the future - as others have - I'll update this to reflect that.

But as for now, this is working perfectly. I plugged it in, plugged in the input and two outputs, and it's displaying 1080p perfectly. No matter if either output display is on or off, it turns on fine. Worked straight out of the box, exactly as I imagined it would, without any issues. Here's to hoping it lasts.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2013 12:20 PM PST

Generic HDMI 3-In 1-Out HDMI Auto Switch with 1.5 feet Cable
Generic HDMI 3-In 1-Out HDMI Auto Switch with 1.5 feet Cable
Offered by Toontor
Price: $5.68
42 used & new from $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, but unfortunately automatic doesn't work perfectly, which is what I needed, September 26, 2013
For two/three normal HDMI inputs this works great - it switches automatically without a hitch. Manual works fine too.

However, I'm dealing with two special kinds of inputs which kind of defeat the purpose of this. Manual still works fine, thankfully, so I will continue to use it (albeit not as hands-free as I wished), though.

My first input is a PC. It seems that - unless manually switched onto this input - my PC does not detect that the display exists, not giving it even as an option to multi-monitor to. When I manually switch to the PC input, my PC detects it and displays it as an option. But if it switches off of it (don't know if auto works in this case, couldn't get it to) manually, then the PC acts as if the cord was unplugged.

My second input is from this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012N089W/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0
I don't know if this powered HDMI duplicator could also be causing issues - perhaps it always is 'telling' this switch that it's on, even when not receiving a display? I'm not sure. It could just be the PC input at fault and not this input.

Anyway, this still works as a 3-to-1 under normal circumstances, but doesn't help me with special inputs (and no options, obviously). I'll continue using it so I don't have to continuously unplug and replug everything in, but I'm stuck manually switching the input.

Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Extra Support Insoles (Men's Size 8 to 14) 1-Pair
Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Extra Support Insoles (Men's Size 8 to 14) 1-Pair
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $12.17
19 used & new from $6.28

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the life saver I needed, November 30, 2012
After complaining of foot pain for a long time to co-workers, they suggested I get an insole. I eventually broke down and did, and was disappointed with the results. Didn't really notice any difference.

I still have this in my shoes because I figure it couldn't be bad to have them in, but honestly I don't notice a difference in pain - it still hurts.. a lot! I think I just need better shoes!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2012 3:00 PM PST

GAMMA Classic Series ATX Mid Tower Interior Steel Chassis (Black)
GAMMA Classic Series ATX Mid Tower Interior Steel Chassis (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, November 30, 2012
What more could you want? It's cheap, mid-sized, looks sleek, and has LEDs if you're into that.

This is my second case of this model. My first one came with a pre-built PC, and I was happy with it so ordered another. The fan that comes with it seems to work nicely, and airflow is only restricted by your cords. The LED was a bit too much for me, as it would light up my room when I try to sleep. I ended up just unplugging it, leaving the fancy all-black look.

It's simple and straightforward to take apart, including standard Optical Drive and HDD slots. Things fit without a hitch and are not complicated.

If I ever have to recommend a case, it would definitely be this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4