Profile for SuperDuperDopamine > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SuperDuperDopamine RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Blue Microphones Blueberry Cardioid Condenser Microphone
Blue Microphones Blueberry Cardioid Condenser Microphone
Price: Click here to see our price
21 used & new from $999.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the pricetag., September 22, 2011
I received a defective mic. After a few hours of testing it against my other mics, I decided to RMA it because it was very very quiet.

$20 and two weeks later, it was on my doorstep again. This time it worked as advertised.

I have contacted the company 2 different times to see what was wrong with it. No response both times.

This is the second time I have had to return one of their products.

--5 stars for the Blueberry, 3 stars for Blue.--

The mic is fantastic, I love everything about it.

Mainly, I love it for its ability to be compressed. Since it "scoops" the bottom end out, I can compress vocals as much as I want without dealing with artifacts.

The overall sound is very crisp, but not so razor sharp that it sounds unnatural. It definately has some warmth to it.

To me, it was worth the money just to be able to get the right breath out of my compressor.

The Blueberry is a rap/hip-hop artist's dream. In my opinion, rap is what it's made for.

Primacoustic VoxGuard Recording Mic Ambient Noise Attenuator
Primacoustic VoxGuard Recording Mic Ambient Noise Attenuator
Offered by DVeStore - Digital Video Electronics Store
Price: $99.99
25 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Light Weight!, September 22, 2011
I hear a lot of people saying that this is a rip-off, or they built their own foam at home, etc.

For the time and supplies it would take me to build my own amateur panel, the $100 pricetag was an easy choice.

I love that this is light weight! Others weigh up to 14+ lbs and can cost 3 times as much. The last thing I need is a top heavy mic stand that begs to hit the floor.

For what I do, this is perfect, and I already notice a huge difference in what my condenser mic does/doesn't pic up.

If your studio is so professional, you would have a sound booth and not even need an isolation panel. Don't knock a good product.

CornerBlox Bass Traps
CornerBlox Bass Traps
Offered by Next Acoustics, Inc.
Price: $59.00
2 used & new from $59.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Good., September 22, 2011
I stumbled onto these by accident. They are priced very nicely compared to similar products. In my opinion, they do the job well. I feel that my final mixes sound much more even. As far as listening to music, by dampening the bass, I can actually feel real bass now.

This is a great starter product for me.

2" SoundTrax PRO Studio Acoustic Foam
2" SoundTrax PRO Studio Acoustic Foam
Offered by Next Acoustics, Inc.
Price: $59.00
2 used & new from $59.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Bedroom Studio Compliant., September 22, 2011
Good for a studio on a budget. I purchased 1 pack of these and 1 pack of bass traps. So far I am very impressed, and wow did I save a ton compared to what I originally thought I was going to have to spend.

I recommend this product to any potential buyer. After doing much research, I also recommend getting bass traps. In fact, if you have to choose between these or bass traps, get the bass traps first.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2012 11:45 PM PDT

Propellerhead Record Reason Duo
Propellerhead Record Reason Duo

5.0 out of 5 stars Well thought-out DAW., June 19, 2011
Record turns Reason into a One-Stop-Shop powerful tool.

I haven't come across any sound I can't create, or any effect I can't build.

Having messed around with ProTools and Analogue sythns for years, Reason/Record is way more productive tool for me to have it all on one platform.

It is compatable with most MIDI instruments.

Biggest of all - "It has NEVER Glitched or Crashed on me once!"

I understand there is a war about which DAW is the best. The best is to have full analogue racks and go into ProTools. Until that day, these DAWs are all virtually the same.

What it comes down to, is what logical meathod you use to create your ideas.

Reason emulates old gear in a visual way, which is the way I learned, and the way I create.

You can't go wrong with Propellerhead, even if its just a stepping stone to a DAW that suits you better.

Bloody Beetroots Bag Pipe Headphones
Bloody Beetroots Bag Pipe Headphones

2.0 out of 5 stars My opinion of these changed over time., June 19, 2011
I purchased 2 pairs of these, 1 to use, 1 to collect.

The first pair became unbalanced within the first month of use (one ear got quiet). So I unboxed the other pair, and same issue.

They look cool and I like TBB, but there is no way TBB would actually use these pieces of crap, it is only for picture purposes I have concluded.

Like I have heard from other Bagpipe users, these tear up your ear drums. I cannot wear these for a prolonged period of time.

These sparked me to seek out a new company. V-Moda am I glad I found you!

Acer S231HL bid 23-Inch Widescreen Ultra-Slim LED Display - Black
Acer S231HL bid 23-Inch Widescreen Ultra-Slim LED Display - Black
Offered by W.H.S Grp LLC
Price: $199.99
3 used & new from $142.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Buy., June 17, 2011
I laugh at monitors that come with built in speakers.

This thing is a nice basic monitor with nothing extra.

So far it looks great and stays bright without distorting the colors.

I don't notice an excess of blue like I have read from other owners.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Offered by SoftwareNoggin
Price: $382.99
4 used & new from $382.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What I have been waiting for., June 16, 2011
I purchased my copy OEM for $100, but on Amazon this is the closest, so I will review this version.

I went straight from XP to Win 7 64 bit.

This is what XP wanted to be, with all the kinks ironed out.

I am proud to call Win 7 the OS for my Recording Studio.

Windows gets such a bad rap, for an OS that runs just about everything under the sun, it does a hell of a job.

No problems so far, no BSOD, no compatability issues.

Question:

Windows Defender - do you really work?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2011 10:01 PM PDT

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM
Offered by eMall
Price: $59.32
4 used & new from $54.32

5.0 out of 5 stars The Price is Right!, June 16, 2011
On my AMD system, I can only get them to run 1600 MHz 8-8-8-24.

To get them to run at this speed I had to set them manually.

The original product desription said that they were made for Intel systems, so I'm not surprised they top out at 8.

I love the memory, it is reliable, it runs cool, and it looks even better.

For the price, I would not buy any other RAM 1600 MHz.

Microsoft Wheel Optical Mouse
Microsoft Wheel Optical Mouse
Offered by Stick Price
Price: $49.99
8 used & new from $9.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Ghost Scroll Wheel Turns., June 16, 2011
I have always liked the feel of Microsoft mice since the 90s.

This mouse is exactly what I expected and is as comfortable as I remember.

It is a little flimsy.

Con:

After using the scroll wheel, the mouse will sometimes act as if it was turned another click.

For example, I will scroll a page, then let go. 30 seconds later it will scroll one more clicks worth without me touching it.
It is like it was in between 2 click possitions, and finally settling on a single click.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3