Profile for A. Lleras > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 66

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Lleras RSS Feed (Fajardo, Puerto Rico)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Aukey 40W / 8A 5 Ports USB Desktop Charging Station Wall Charger with AlPower Tech for Apple, Android and other USB Powered Mobile Devices- Black
Offered by Aukey Direct
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome flexible charger, April 24, 2015
This is an excellent solution when you have multiple items requiring charge from USB. I have 3 of these types of chargers (different brands) and this is one of my favorites if not the best.

Pros:
Multiple ports for charging any type of device
Can charge anything I have thrown at it (including game console remotes)
Tight fitting USB ports prevent accidental unplugs due to cord movement (can be a con also as it can be tricky to put the cable in the port)
Built in protection to prevent shorts from faulty cables

Cons:
Tight ports require you put in the cable just right (for me it is not a con but for some it can be)

Overall this unit is great, I have one in the living room behind the sofa and have threaded it through the back to the arm rest pocket so I can charge my ipad/iphone while watching tv or whatever, I can charge both my ipad and my wifes and both our phones at once without issues. I usually also have a PS4 or Xbox One controller connected charging while other things are charging. The built in short protection is awesome, many times I have lost chargers due to a cable shorting out and ruining the charger, the charger addresses this by disabling the port as soon as it detects a short. To re-enable the port you just have to unplug the charger for a few minutes and it will go back to full function.

Great Neck Saw 4932 Double Edge Wallboard Saw, 6-Inch
Great Neck Saw 4932 Double Edge Wallboard Saw, 6-Inch
Price: $8.09
14 used & new from $4.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, April 24, 2015
Does its job extremely efficiently. I used this to make one gang boxes for network cables and coax cable and it made the job easy and effortlessly I really kick my self for not getting this sooner.

Anker 40W 5-Port High Speed Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Nokia and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $49.99
2 used & new from $22.09

1.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasted which wasn't long, February 20, 2015
I got the anker 5 port desktop charger to keep in my room and charge both of our ipads and iphones without having to swap cables or fight over who get to charge their device. At first it was great, I have a different brand 6 port adapter that Im really happy with and it worked exactly the same, you plug it in, connect your cables and forget about it, you have an octopus of cables ready to power your hungry devices. Everything was awesome for the first month, literally 31 days after purchase the first port went out, no more power from that port. I said fine I can live with it, I only need four ports for the bedroom. But a week later the bottom port no longer works. As you can imagine I'm extremely disappointed with this product as I can no longer return it to Amazon and at this rate I will have to buy yet another charger because this no longer fits my needs. Funny thing is that I wasn't even charging higher power items like iPad airs and such. Just iPhones and iPad minis and an occasional PS4 remote. Meanwhile my other charger from another brand is handling charging a slew of iPad airs and iPhones at the same time when in use in the office.

Soundpeats Qy7 V4.1 Bluetooth Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running & Gym/exercise Bluetooth Earbuds Headphones Headsets W/microphone for Iphone 5s 5c 4s 4, Ipad 2 3 4 New Ipad, Ipod, Android, Samsung Galaxy, Smart Phones Bluetooth Devices (Black/black)
Offered by SoundPEATS Audio
Price: $27.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, February 8, 2015
I had high hopes for these. I wanted a set of Bluetooth headphones to play with my PSTV in the bedroom without having the sound on.

The positive:
The sound is clear and impressive for the price of the headset.
Although the fit is a little awkward at first once you get used to it and use the right gear they fit very well.
Controls are responsive and you can disable the audio feedback
Tangle free flat cord

The bad:
Although these are rated for a range of 10 meters (about 33 feet) the connection drops if I'm more than 3 feet away from the device its paired with.
The cord is a little on the long side and doesn't have a sleeve to shorten it which could be a challenge for active people

In general, these do sound great however for them to have a connection you need to have the device on you which means that if you set your phone down while yo do other things you will drop audio or the connection altogether. The manufacturer needs to either adjust their claim of 10 meters or address the issue because this limits the use of these gravely. For me the short range is a deal breaker.

Photive 50 Watt 6 Port USB Desktop Rapid Charger. Intelligent USB Charger with Auto Detect Technology
Offered by Amazing Deals Online
Price: $22.90
8 used & new from $17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent multiport charger, December 2, 2014
I recently purchased the Photive 50Watt charger and I have to say Im very impressed with this device. The 6 port is overkill for me however for the price I couldn't say no. I have tested this charging my iPad Mini 2, Ipad Mini, iPhone 6 Plus iPhone 6 and my portable power pack without a problem. I did not have to fiddle with switching ports or cables or anything to make sure the charger and device had a connection they liked. The charging speed is excellent and Im no longer getting errors of this device is not supported on my iphone when I plug it in. The cord for the unit is long enough that I have it plugged in behind the bed and sitting on top of the night stand without a problem. Overall Im very happy. I think I will give the smaller version a spin to see if it is a good unit for my office.

Poetic Slimline Case for Apple iPad mini 2 with Retina, Black (840275102883)
Poetic Slimline Case for Apple iPad mini 2 with Retina, Black (840275102883)
Offered by Smart Shop Online
Price: $7.95
5 used & new from $2.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Good protection but not smart, October 29, 2014
I got this for my iPad mini with Retina Display to protect my device. While the fit is excellent there are some problems with the cover materials. The magnets are not strong enough to hold the ipad securely in a propped-up position, I constantly find myself having to readjust the position because Im typing something and the magnet just releases and the ipad drops to the surface. My other complaint is that the material is too stiff which makes keeping it folder a challenge, paired with the weak magnets the cover just wants to be straight. The case is great as a case but sadly it is no smart case. I think I will be looking at other options because this just doesn't fit my needs.

iPhone 6 Plus Case, Spigen® [Non-Slip] [Exact-Fit] iPhone 6 Plus (5.5) Case Slim **NEW** [Fit Series] [Thin Fit] [Smooth Black] Premium SF Coated Non Slip Surface with Excellent Grip Matte Hard Case - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Slim Case for iPhone 6 Plus (5.5) (2014) - Smooth Black (SGP11102)
Offered by Spigen Inc
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $11.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst case I have used only provides scratch protection at best, September 30, 2014
I have tried a few cases for the iPhone 6 plus and this had good reviews from some blogs so I decided to give it a try.

Pros:
Rigid Hard Case - Would prevent any potential bendgate issues if you are concerned with that
Low profile - will not add much thickness to the phone compared to the original form
Large Bottom Cutout - Allows full access to the bottom ports of the phone and usage with the 30 pin to lightning connector without removing the case

Cons
Smooth texture - The exterior of the case is so smooth it provides 0 friction meaning that it has 0 grip. I tend to rest my phone on the dashboard while driving and this case just slides all over the place. Also I dropped my phone a couple of times due to the lack of grip (easily slips out of your hand). I wouldnt see this as much of an issue with the narrower 6 but on this monster is a different game.
Large cutout on the top - While the cutout at the bottom is a nice plus, the same cut out in the top is an issue. I understand why they did it to make it easier to slip the case in and out however, that large opening on the top increases the chances of damage to the phone on the top specially when paired with a non grippy texture.
Power Button Cutout - The cutout is so narrow at times I have a hard time pressing the power button one handed to lock my phone.

Overall I went back to my Bodyglove case for the phone as I just didnt find this functional. Like I said I dropped my phone twice with this case pulling it out of my pocket due to the lack of grip on the case (lucky it was on carpet). Plus the fact that I cant just lay it down on the dashboard or console of the car with it sliding all over the place is a big deal breaker paired with the hard time operating with one hand.

UPDATE
This case provides no protection whatsoever if you drop your phone, I had my phone fall a short distance and it landed on the edge of the case, the screen was shattered due to the impact as the case did not absorb ANY of the impact. I had a clear case on the phone however it started to yellow so I moved to this while I got a replacement and on the first minor drop had my screen shatter due to lack of shock absorption.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2014 2:52 PM PDT

Wagner 0155206 9" x 3/8" Roller Cover
Wagner 0155206 9" x 3/8" Roller Cover
Price: $4.96
33 used & new from $0.93

1.0 out of 5 stars Uneven Painting, September 26, 2014
I really wanted this to work but the system was a total disappointment. I couldn't get the paint to go in evenly without dripping everywhere. Also at some point the nap would get so saturated that it would slide instead of rolling over the wall.

Wagner 0530000B Smart Edge Roller
Wagner 0530000B Smart Edge Roller
Price: $17.98
59 used & new from $17.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont expect even painting, September 26, 2014

iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 inch ONLY) HD Clear Ballistic Glass Screen Protector - Maximize Your Resale Value - 99.99% Clarity and Touchscreen Accuracy
Offered by Tech Armor
Price: $10.95
8 used & new from $2.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor performance 0 of the impact protection claimed, September 26, 2014
UPDATE 4-24-15

I have been using this for months and initially gave it an awesome review however after months with this item (on my third protector for my 6 plus or 6 if we count the ones for my wife's phone) there are some issues. For one the glass tends to detach itself from the screen leaving the impression of air pockets in the corners after a couple of months of use. Two the glass protector tends to crack at the edges leaving you with random shards of glass in your pockets or fingers, finally and most importantly, this provides 0 impact protection, my screen shattered after a short drop, the screen protector is intact however the screen on the phone is completely ruined upon close inspection the point of impact was on the protector however it did nothing to protect the screen (as claimed by the box that it would) all of the force just transferred to the glass of the screen and the screen shattered leaving the protector in one piece. So I would say just buy the flexible ones, they are less of a hassle and provide the same level of protection.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7